-------------------------------------------------------
> B00 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I love how TFC's looks like an SLR Camera
>
>
> Screw Reflector, what's up with the transforming
> WWII tanks? A late-production Tiger vs T-34/85?
> I love it.

Hey, I just wish we'd get SOME idea of cost on some of these!

More serious than thou
[www.youtube.com]

iGear put up some proto videos for their conehead team

these are the same size as the MP jets right
VF5SS Wrote:
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> iGear put up some proto videos for their conehead
> team
>
> these are the same size as the MP jets right

Yeah, they're full bootlegs of the MP Seekers with the conehead mods.

Caught this over at battlegrip: [www.battlegrip.com]
Sounds like Takara Tomy is putting pressure on third party companies in Japan. Flew to close to the sun, with things like the aforementioned MP Coneheads?

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
GADS!!

My Unicron stand is doomed!

;P
B00
Just found out that the DIY Lambo kits at KO toys will be made in nine different color sets! Oh it's so on now! Link is to the here.

Also Sanjeev you might like this Blue Calssics Prime + DIA comander

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2011 01:29AM by B00.
B00 Wrote:
> Just found out that the DIY Lambo kits at KO toys
> will be made in nine different color sets! Oh it's
> so on now! Link is to the here.

Not to go entirely 4chan/toy/, but this guy and this kind of shit are likely exactly why TakHas would start relooking the third-party issue. This isn't making nice repros of out of long out of print, never to be reissued items, or making original add-ons. This is just stealing newly made stuff. Doesn't help that the KO Toys guy is by all accounts a monster.

[prometheusrising.net]
B00
Prometheum5 Wrote:
> B00 Wrote:
> -----
> > Just found out that the DIY Lambo kits at KO
> toys
> > will be made in nine different color sets! Oh
> it's
> > so on now! Link is to the here.
>
>
> Not to go entirely 4chan/toy/, but this guy and
> this kind of shit are likely exactly why TakHas
> would start relooking the third-party issue. This
> isn't making nice repros of out of long out of
> print, never to be reissued items, or making
> original add-ons. This is just stealing newly
> made stuff. Doesn't help that the KO Toys guy is
> by all accounts a monster.

I agree that Genzhao is a douche, and dont get me wrong I'm not trying to start another "ethics of bootlegging"theard. But damn that Lambo kit is exactly the kind of project I'm always on the look out for. Un-built toy for me to make what I want. An to be honest, bootlegging new toys from new properties isn't a new thing at all.

No, the concept is totally sound. The Yamato 1/60 VF-1 kit is the only other recent thing that comes to mind, but that's much more complicated. A deluxe sized TF is the kind of thing you could do in an afternoon for a good time.

[prometheusrising.net]
B00
Man that vf-1 took forever, and it didn't help that Yamato didn't check the assembly guide for errors. So very hard.

But the though of a G2 Sideswipe, or a G1 breakdown, or a G1 WildRider.....oh so much fun to be had.

> Just found out that the DIY Lambo kits at KO toys
> will be made in nine different color sets! Oh it's
> so on now! Link is to the here.

I'd really like a G2 Sideswipe kit. Have to think about this one. Anyone actually ordered directly from this KOToys character?

Thanks, Ken-A
B00
I have a few times. I've always got what I ordered, never been shaffted.

1. Casualty = updated Insecticons

2. Warcry - war = Cry, Cry = Call/Cicada call (I love cicadas)

3. 1 + 2 = UPDATED VENOM!!! :D

Imagine my disappointment when I found out it was just a repaint of their Combaticons -_-
Ken-A Wrote:
> B00 Wrote:
> -----
> > Just found out that the DIY Lambo kits at KO
> toys
> > will be made in nine different color sets! Oh
> it's
> > so on now! Link is to the here.
>
>
> I'd really like a G2 Sideswipe kit. Have to think
> about this one. Anyone actually ordered directly
> from this KOToys character?
>
> Thanks, Ken-A

Ordered a few things. Be wary. I have always received what I ordered, but when there have been problems with the items there is absolutely NO response back whatsoever. It doesn't matter if you go through their "trouble ticket" system, or email them directly. No response at all. And that guy complains bitterly about anyone who has the nerve to publicly question his company. He always says that the customers should contact him first. Well, isn't that a dandy little catch 22?

More serious than thou
I like the idea of Kits because I like to put things together. I would have liked KO to make a few slight changes like make the nose of the Lambo's a little different (pointy or something) that should be fairly easy for someone with the access he has to tooling material.

What I'd really want to see is the heads and accessories/ weapons.

If you had a choice where you could pick and mix and match the face, visors, helmet etc and do the same for weapons/accessories the choices would be truly endless.

Adding this option or coming out with another add on head/weapon kit (I'd hope not) would be great and so we could really create our own TF's instead of a complete re-paint.

I'm hoping to get their Punch/Counterpunch BUT if KO really wants to impress and be a steap about a mass bootleger, fix the flaws that came with on the $200 exclusive figure. (Paint the screws black so they won't show on the Punch side. Put in some type of ball joint at the knees where the feet can sit proper. re-do the gun so that it can have the yellow Punch and black Counterpunch gun and make the head larger.

Buy the way even though the head looks too small, It's not smaller than Hotrods and nobody said anything about how small hotrods head is compared to his body, which always looked too small to me. And speaking of small heads, the head on Leadfoot has to be the worst head to body proportion of any TF. (For some reason the head looks like a big toe.) I tend to keep him with his power up head which is perfectly per-portioned for his body. The only problem is the Power Ranger look of the larger head.)
Just received TFX Blesser in the mail. It came with a specs card, listing me (naturally) as it's human partner. Nice touch.
B00
I broke down an finally ordered that i-gear faith leader mini MP Prime KO. I've heard that it's actually very good quality, so I'll find out soon.

I've been out of the loop with these third-party people, but a DX-sized "Devastator"?

It would go pretty nicely with an MP Grimlock...
B00
That Devastator is gonna be huge. Each constructicon will be voyager size-class!! But they're estimated to be $90-$100 each.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2011 08:25PM by B00.
Yeah, it does look like it will be extremely large. Just a bit too big overall for me, and certainly outside of my means. It'll be interesting to see the quality once these come out.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Fuck me.

Transforming T-34-85, PzKpfw IV, P-51, and J-7 Shinden.

Where do I sign?
Except the Mustang's 'bot mode totally looks like ass:

You'll need to buy a PCC bot to attach these to, Sanjeev.

More serious than thou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2011 09:19PM by fujikuro.
B00 Wrote:
> That Devastator is gonna be huge. Each
> constructicon will be voyager size-class!! But
> they're estimated to be $90-$100 each.

People are guesstimating that it'll be just over a foot tall, based on some pics shown...which doesn't strike me as SUPERLARGE, but it will have some good size to it, compared to the G1 gestalts.

Rough scale pic here (scroll down to the middle of the page):

[www.tfw2005.com]

THE SERIOUS ONE Wrote:
>Yeah, it does look like it will be extremely large. Just a bit too big overall
>for me, and certainly outside of my means.

Compared to some of that Ashley Wood stuff you've been buying? Really? :)

Not speaking of you, but I think sometimes robot collectors tend to forget how large 1/6 figures tend to be. The size was certainly a wow factor when I was going through my 1/6-scale phase.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2011 09:39PM by gingaio.
B00
gingaio
People are guesstimating that it'll be just over a foot tall, based on some pics shown...which doesn't strike me as SUPERLARGE, but it will have some good size to it, compared to the G1 gestalts.

Well, it's still pretty big. I hope it's in scale with Bruticus + crossfire A/B.

sanjeev
Fuck me.

Transforming T-34-85, PzKpfw IV, P-51, and J-7 Shinden.

Where do I sign?

Also those transforming tanks and air-planes will attach to power core combiners in place of the drones.

> B00 Wrote:
> -----
> > That Devastator is gonna be huge. Each
> > constructicon will be voyager size-class!! But
> > they're estimated to be $90-$100 each.
>
> People are guesstimating that it'll be just over a
> foot tall, based on some pics shown...which
> doesn't strike me as SUPERLARGE, but it will have
> some good size to it, compared to the G1 gestalts.
>
>
> Rough scale pic here (scroll down to the middle of
> the page):
>
> [www.tfw2005.com]
> mors/399315-3rd-party-loads-tfc-toys-prototypes-9.
> html
>
> THE SERIOUS ONE Wrote:
> -----
> >Yeah, it does look like it will be extremely
> large. Just a bit too big overall
> >for me, and certainly outside of my means.
>
> Compared to some of that Ashley Wood stuff you've
> been buying? Really? :)
>
> Not speaking of you, but I think sometimes robot
> collectors tend to forget how large 1/6 figures
> tend to be. The size was certainly a wow factor
> when I was going through my 1/6-scale phase.

No, the 1/6 stuff is huge, for sure. My assertion of the size of this thing was based on the idea that each of these were going to be Voyager sized. The scale picture you posted seems to show them being more like Deluxe size, perhaps even slightly smaller depending on the bot. That is much more manageable. I would bet that there are a lot of engineering problems with getting a combining robot to be both poseable AND stable at any greater of a size than this. Any kind of floppiness could beget some serious shelf-diving.

And I'm being totally serious.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
fujikuro Wrote:
> Except the Mustang's 'bot mode totally looks like
> ass...

Poppycock! I think it looks swell compared to similarly-sized TFs, like the original mini spies, modern Minicons, Pretender inner-bots (can you imagine those tanks squaring off against Bludgeon!? wheeee!), etc...

What's weird is that they went with the Shinden...and aircraft that never flew. Not sure why they didn't go with a Zero...

> You'll need to buy a PCC bot to attach these to,
> Sanjeev.

At first, I was thinking I'd be fine with just getting these minis 'cause I love the designs on their own. But seeing as how the PCC robots seem pretty damn cheap--and together, they'd make for a decent (but smallish) gestalt--I may throw down.
I am suitably intrigued by the idea of those four military dudes both as great looking figures and as fully transformable PPC limbs. I'd buy one cool center dude to go with these. Wonder how much they'll cost, though.

[prometheusrising.net]

Combinified. Want.

[prometheusrising.net]
Hey, just received my Perfect Effect PE-11 set. It is very small, much like their other releases - each robot is perhaps a shade taller than their pink "Ninja" bot.

You can see how small the box is here:

Inside is a standard plastic tray:

Here's an image of the set in camera mode next to a standard Scout class figure:

I won't go into all the intricate details of the set, except to say there are a lot of small parts, but everything fits together quite nicely. Like Fansproject's Crossfire sets, all the bits and pieces have a place in each mode. It's a nice fun bunch of stuff, with combining weapons and different options for each bot. Paint apps are not quite as nice as a Fansproject set, but if you have any of the other Perfect Effect stuff you know about that already.

OVerall,the set is very nice, if a tad expensive for what you get. After having recently seen what the TFC camera toy is going to look like (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/DSLR-Camera_1304271325.jpg), I'm glad I went with this one. I just prefer the older SLR look of the Perfect Effect toy rather than the more modern one TFC is releasing. Additionally, Perfect Effect's has the cartoon-accurate purple paint job plus the color nods to the original toys. It's just a lot more in keeping with the "Classics" toys IMO.

I have an issue with my set where one non-critical transformation piece is missing from one of the bots (a back part that flips up and down). We'll see how TFsource handles this from a customer service standpoint. They've always been good before.

More serious than thou
How are the joints? Do the pieces connect solidly?
Looks like those two tanks share the same transformation. As do the two airplanes.
I'm glad you put it next to Breacher to give us a good scale. Breacher is still a favorite. Can you put them into robot mode next to Breacher?
Soooooo tiny :(

[prometheusrising.net]
OK, some more pics:

Articulation is VERY good. Every bit as good as the Crossfire toys at about half the height. Ball joints for neck, shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. Rotational waist joint, and side to side joint on the ankles to allow for wide-legged poses.

These ARE small for sure. They are also some of the most hand-candy-rific toys I've played with for a while. "Worth" $80+? Eh, I don't think so, but that's the going rate. I got lucky and pre-ordered these immediately, so my costs were more like $75. They're up closer to $90 now I would guess due to popularity. Anyway, if you really like the characters and the idea of a transforming robot that isn't confined to a vehicle alt mode, these are great. Just wish Hasbro would go back to producing transformers that didn't necessarily have to roll or fly.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the purple color is nowhere near as bright as the promotional pics make it out to be. My cell pics here are a bit more accurate, but it's still even less bright than this. It's very nice - not "kiddie" in any way.

More serious than thou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2011 08:53AM by fujikuro.
I forgot - each comes with its own little stabby knife:

More serious than thou
Who did the Rosey casette figure???

[prometheusrising.net]
That was also Perfect Effect. It's the "Ninja" I mentioned above.

More serious than thou
B00
I got my Faith Leader mini MP Prime KO today. Damn this thing is awesome!! The quality is top notch, very playable! I'll take some photos soon.

I bought a mini Prime and a Ultra Magnus because of the upcoming transforming trailer but also because I wanted the cartoon heads. They make such a huge difference that I bought three of the larger MP sized ones to replace my MP Primes/Magnus ones. These are great pieces with the only negative being that they don't come with any Autobot symbols but that was an easy fix, I just bought a set from Reprolables and it added a ton to these figures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2011 10:58AM by chen.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1008.jpg (140.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_1010.jpg (148 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
I forget if this was already mentioned before, but do these midsized Prime/Magnus toys have the same percentage of diecast as the originals? And while pics are good, let's see some reviews! Knowledge me, man!

I'm honestly not THAT interested in the Prime sculpt, but I wanna know what their general quality is like 'cause I may pick up one of their conehead seekers...

Oh, and not to piss in anyone's Cheerio's, but doesn't the MP-10 sorta obsolete the Faith Leader??? I dug the MP-01 sculpt, but the thought of a Prime that actually transformed into the "right" truck--and at the same scale as the other MP's--just sounds too good.
B00
I love the animated head on faith leader. Sadly mine is the 2nd edition, so I didn't get the animated Prime head. I got a Megatron and an orion pax head. It also came with a cape. There nice and all, but damn I wish it had that animated head.

My second edition is all plastic, no diecast. Not sure about the 1st edition. The quality is top notch, it's not some crummy KO that falls apart when you look at it. The materials and assembly are well done.

As for MP-10, it's bought no doubt. I just love OP. I think it'll be a nice display with the real MP Prime, next to faith leader, next to MP-10.

Also has anyone seen any pics of MP-10?

Click here to login

footer