[CUSTOM] not-Hasbro

Posted by RedAleseides 
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wow! Impressive!

The only things that nag at me a bit are the face sculpt and the black "boots". Look a bit odd to me...
Speaking of these things, and the assumption in the past of a big fucking sword for Predaking:

[www.crazydevy.com]

Now, THIS I would buy! Don't much care for their other upgrades, but a proper large sword? Hell, yeah!

More serious than thou
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only things that nag at me a bit are the face
> sculpt and the black "boots". Look a bit odd to
> me...

The robo-galoshes are not exactly smooth, no.
Chrome looks nice...
Attachments:
open | download - protector_color1.jpg (69.7 KB)
open | download - protector_color2.jpg (66.5 KB)
open | download - protector_color3.jpg (75.5 KB)
I'm actually starting to like the face, it's hard getting clear big pictures of it but when you start putting the pieces together it's actually not that bad.
Inside look:
[bbs.actoys.net]
Looking great! Hope this shows up under the tree!

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Neat! I still think his face looks kinda funny...and the black boots are weird...but still dope.
Passing, sadly. Just not a Rodimus fan, after all.
It just doesn't do it for me, but I think it's largely due to the classic Hot Rod being a little screwed up, his non-arms and cluttered transformation make adding more to him a difficult feat.

That and the fact that they've gone too chunky with the design. It worked with Ultra Magnus since he's always been a block of plastic, but this needed to be sleeker like the Masterpiece is looking. FP has shown to like a blocky robot, and so far that worked with the past releases, but Rodimus going chunky changes how he's always looked and makes it feel like a different character.

At this rate they probably should have just made an entirely new Hot Rod figure.
For those who like blocky figures: [tformers.com]
I'm still way more interested in Masterpiece Rodimus than I am in this Fansproject add-on. I just don't really like the aesthetic. Too cluttered and the car doesn't look like it matches the trailer.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
So, will there ever be redo of a Menasor?
repairtechjon Wrote:
> So, will there ever be redo of a Menasor?

I hope so I always thought that was the weakest Gestalt team, it looked like a robot Spongebob Squarepants. Defensor was always in my opinion the best looking out of all the combiner robots.
Received my two iGear Primes, there pretty nice but certainly not worth the high price iGear is charging for them. I say if your a die hard MP fan and want a smaller scale Prime and Magnus then your pretty much stuck with these and for me I'm willing to pay more for the smaller size plus I just love the cartoon heads.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0891.jpg (123 KB)
As much as I REALLY like the two Bruticus add-ons that FP recently released, I can't see spending $50 a pop on these:

Given the lack of the combiner parts, perhaps these will be in the $20-30 range. If so, I might go for them. As it is, FP is announcing some new "Insecticon" toys, clearly:

I excited as HELL for these. Some of my biggest wishes for FP were Insecticons and/or Dinobots. Intrigued as to what some of the other 2011 FP releases will be: [www.fansproject.com]

WB-002? Hopefully a FP Arcee, instead of the supposedly woeful releases of this character from other "KO" companies. Crossfire-03 will also hopefully be a follow-up add-on for Bruticus that deals with how crappy the tank and helicopter toys are comparatively.

More serious than thou
Some like it black...
[www.seibertron.com]
Heh, newly released shots of the "Insecticons"...

I am looking forward to these, though without the paint apps, I can't say that they're overwhelming me.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
They look pretty groovy to me. As long as they have the glossy black bits, chrome, and clear pieces of the G1 toys, I'd consider getting these...
My body is ready. Chrome would be incredible.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Gotta admit, this looks kinda hot.

Sanjeev (Admin)
I suck because I want this, right? :P

Also, I don't know if this has been brought up in this thread already or not, but this all-new Devastator looks like it could be amazing...

Sanjeev Wrote:
> I suck because I want this, right? :P
>
> Also, I don't know if this has been brought up in
> this thread already or not, but this all-new
> Devastator looks like it could be amazing...
>
> [www.tfw2005.com]
> 6/9/8/0/Scavenger1_1282223016.jpg

Ha! I was thinking of buying it myself!

More serious than thou
B00
I want one, but not at the asking price. TFSource.com

fujikuro Wrote:
> Heh, newly released shots of the "Insecticons"...
>
> I am looking forward to these, though without the
> paint apps, I can't say that they're overwhelming
> me.

Are these based on some kind of comic book incarnation or something? They don't really look like the G1 toys at all. I know they can't copy those characters exactly, but considering how well they nailed Munitioner I was expecting something a little closer. As it is, these just look okay. Not spectacular.

I'm betting no chrome or clear parts. These might be an easy pass...
Gcrush Wrote:
> fujikuro Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

> Are these based on some kind of comic book
> incarnation or something? They don't really look
> like the G1 toys at all. I know they can't copy
> those characters exactly, but considering how well
> they nailed Munitioner I was expecting something a
> little closer. As it is, these just look okay.
> Not spectacular.
>
> I'm betting no chrome or clear parts. These might
> be an easy pass...

Yeah, I'll have to wait till I see the paint jobs. I WANT to see chrome and clear yellow bits, but I'd be OK without these if the rest look particularly awesome. Cost will also be a determining factor. Munitioner cost $50, but had a ton of accessories. Will these be more than scout-sized figures? Will the price be more like $35-40? At the lower end of that price range, it would be an easy purchase for me. Higher? I don't know...

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
To be fair, Swindle (I refuse to refer to him as "Munitioner") wasn't exactly "nailed" since the fucking alt mode is a totally different vehicle! ;)

But, yeah, his robot mode really does resemble the G1 incarnation nicely. Certainly better than the Insecticons.

Hey, just outta curiosity, did Swindle have any diecast in it? I know Springer did...and it'd be sure nice if the Insecticons did too.
Having only really handled my set once and putting it on the shelf, I do not think there was any diecast in the Bruticus add-on guys.

[prometheusrising.net]
Springer's the only one to have diecast involved. Dunno if that's something they'll continue to do in new releases or not. I'm OK with no diecast... the plastic they use is incredibly strong and seemingly durable.

More serious than thou
[www.tfw2005.com]

Menosor's chromed sword! Highly tempting.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Perfect Effect's Reflector toy color images...

I like the color choices in that they reference both the G1 toy and the cartoon. Peaugh always reviews the Perfect Effect stuff quite highly, and it seems as if construction is solid, though their designs don't usually hit the mark for me. In this case, this is pretty much spot on for what I would like to see with an updated version of this figure.

I sure hope that Hasbro continues to understand how much the fanbase loves the "Classics" line in all its various incarnations. I think they DO "get it," but it always bugs me when these lines go missing each time there's some crappy movie bots to trot out. Oh well, every now and then they actually produce a decent movie bot. I am looking forward to Sentinel Prime.

Anyway, digression aside, I'm glad I pre-ordered these guys. If I'm lucky they'll arrive right around my birthday.

More serious than thou
If somebody hasn't already caught onto this, the more I look at the "Insecticons", they seem to emulate the original trio but have hint of the "Deluxe Insecticons" released later in the G1 line.
The price seems a bit steep on the Reflector set for their size, but damn if they don't look better and better every time I see them. For whatever reason that riot shield just turns me on, and I can think of so many fun scenes of the three of them hiding behind the lens turret and shield reloading their weapons and blind firing from cover.

[prometheusrising.net]
B00
Man perfect effects reflector is cool, but I've got my money on TFC's refelctor, More

Y'know, I just wasn't that impressed with Perfect Effect's Rumble/Frenzy duo. I kinda dig the Reflector above...but I just can't see wanting that set over a original Microchange set. I'm sorry, but the diecast, glossy paint, clear/chrome bits MAKES some of these old designs. The new set looks fun, no doubt, but also...banal?

TFC is fucking no joke, huh? But since I'm already bitching... ;) ...what's with Devastator's face?? Is it really that hard to keep the original G1 cartoon or toy-style head??? I figure character recognition is kind of the name of the game (that's why the recent G1-style Unicron was so popular)...
B00
I love how TFC's looks like an SLR Camera

More serious than thou
Mastermind Creations "Shockwave" toy now has some photos up. It's an old ironsides type boat.

Wow, it looks fantastic! Their train OP is really nice, and I'd expect the same quality. Really looking forward to this one.

More serious than thou
B00 Wrote:
> I love how TFC's looks like an SLR Camera

Screw Reflector, what's up with the transforming WWII tanks? A late-production Tiger vs T-34/85? I love it.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer