[CUSTOM] not-Hasbro

Posted by RedAleseides 
I'm not sure if this post will catch on, but with all the new things Fansproject is working on, it seemed only right to keep it in one place.

2009 updates:
G3-trailer (x-ray schematic)
Protector*
matrix of leadership
mini-megs

[www.fansproject.com]

*glad I have my Henkei Hot Rod already, this looks awesome.

On a side note, I wonder what FP will do after they are done making trailers.

[Mod edit: updating thread title.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2011 07:08PM by Sanjeev.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wait--so the "Protector" is basically a trailer to upgrade Classics Hot Rod into Rodimus Prime??? That's badass!
It looks like the Rodimus Prime hands are shaped to hold the Matrix too!
(Check the main website for pics of the other stuff).
Incredgible! Glad I've got Hot Rod as well...

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Bizarre...I had this crazy dream last night (or was it early this morning?) that Fansproject was putting out this custom set of armor for G1 Jetfire that completely replaced the stock red Super Valk FAST packs. The armor included a helmet, etc., to make the battroid mode look just like "Skyfire" did in the cartoon. Plus, the armor had all these opening panels & shit with missiles and whatnot. It was fucking badass!

Ah...toy dreams..!

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
> Fansproject was putting out this custom set of armor for G1
> Jetfire that completely replaced the stock red Super Valk FAST packs.

That is a badass dream...Actually, I'd really like a cartoon-accurate backpack for my Henkei Skyfire.

The Protector drawing looks cool, but doesn't take away from the fact that Hot Rod is one of the weaker Classics designs, especially when you compare to Bumblebee, Hound, Sideswipe, Ironhide, etc. Glad I sold mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2009 03:32PM by gingaio.
Still no word on the inside on what the FP Optimus Prime Trailer looks like, but it seems to have a few bonus weapons.

Check out [www.fansproject.com] for pics of roller and some 'artwork'.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2009 08:35PM by RedAleseides.
Attachments:
open | download - aw-set.jpg (94.5 KB)
Finally, a glimpse of the interior of FP's G3 Trailer. More pics on their website.
Attachments:
open | download - FP G3 trailer_1.jpg (75.9 KB)
open | download - G3 Trailer weapons.jpg (70.5 KB)
open | download - G3 Trailer arms.jpg (54.1 KB)
open | download - G3 Trailer turrets.jpg (81.5 KB)
I didn't know it was possible to make the inside of Prime's trailer look even more plain than the unstickered G1 version...

What is the butt-ugly hinge for that is visible on the sides of the trailer (about half-way up)? It doesn't seem to do anything in the transformation...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sanjeev (Admin)
I kinda dig it...not that I'm getting one, but it looks good to me. I like the little garage for Roller. The excessive weapons are a little lame, but whatever. It all looks perfectly in-keeping with the "Classics" style.
Seibertron posted FPCC booklet pics, which hints at how Springer might transform.

[www.seibertron.com]

More pics of G3 trailer:
[www.tfsource.com]
[www.bigbadtoystore.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 11:23PM by RedAleseides.
More Protector, Defender, and Warbot.
Attachments:
open | download - protectorfull.jpg (139.2 KB)
open | download - defender.jpg (88.7 KB)
open | download - warbot.jpg (136.3 KB)
Ohh, all sorts of goodies.

Collector (Wreckgar?)

Salutation- a gestalt

Upgrade limbs for Energon/ROTF Superion

I'm excited to see them pull off a full-blown figure, not just upgrade parts. Plus, there seemed to be no hope left for a Classics Springer.

VF- that Warbot pic you posted looks like Broadside.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2009 08:45PM by RedAleseides.
Attachments:
open | download - collector_fp.jpg (90.8 KB)
open | download - Glacialbot_ mammoth.jpg (88.8 KB)
open | download - glacialbot gestalt_fp.jpg (103.4 KB)
open | download - upgrade limbs.jpg (145.8 KB)
And G3 can also become toaster.
Attachments:
open | download - stealthmode.jpg (130.1 KB)

Collector (Wreckgar?)

Apparently to be sold in a two pack--probably with different heads and colors--so that the two bots can ride each other!

And G3 can also become toaster.

I like toast. This makes me consider getting this thing, in which I would otherwise have no interest.
[www.tfw2005.com]

DIA Commander is worming its way into my heart. Thank goodness I've got other picks on my list.
So now the G3 trailer is rescheduled for mid August.

new in-box pics
[www.seibertron.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Mind-blowing chrome!!

I fucking love these guys! More Fansproject!
TFX-03 Add on for City Commander
October Release
[www.tfsource.com]

And for those of you who missed the first City Commander run...
[www.tfsource.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
That's cool that they're re-releasing the first City Commander...but I'll bet some people are pissed for having over-spent on in on the aftermarket (read: after word got out that it's amazing!).

The only question about the TFX-03 Add On set is whether or not the missiles actually fire. I can unfortunately guess the answer to that... :(

I guess we could always just resin-cast and kit bash our own...I mean, these ARE bootlegs! ;)
I think some ppl are already pissed that they have to over spend on the Classic UM figure. I still kick myself for not picking it up on clearance at Target and instead, paying twice the price when Fansproject made the City Commander announcement.

I don't know if FP is at the spring loaded weapons point yet, sadly. What i can't figure out, is how the missile launchers will attach to the trailer mode? The first run of City Commander doesn't have holes in the forearm armor like the Powered Convoy. Maybe they'll clip on to those notches?

If these are bootlegs, I'd sure like to see the original ;)
Looks like FP made some updates to their website, including a prototype mock up of protector.

Also, a gallery for the G3 Trailer: [www.fansproject.com]
Attachments:
open | download - protector.jpg (121.1 KB)
open | download - tfcon_protector_01__scaled_800.jpg (316 KB)
Just got the Superion "TF-Crossfire" Aerial Team add on kit. Price came out ok through a group buy over at R-J.
Nice set, packaging seems nice for all their stuff. The design, and plastic used seems very good. The parts get used to power up the individual Aerialbots too.
Now I have to actually get the Superion set from Target.

Went to Target last night, and they have another exclusive Bruticus Maximus set, with the groan-inducing awful hands & feet again. It would be cool if FansProject did an add on kit for that set too.
[www.fansproject.com]
just got the G3 trailer. I'm torn between pulling it out of the packaging, or keeping it packed up b/c I'm in the midst of moving.

*sigh* decisions...
*Grin* Looks like they are moving forward on the Defender concept.

[www.fansproject.com]
[www.fansproject.com]

According to tformers.com, the release date is Feb 2010...so really it'll be April 2010, right?

TFX-03 City Commander add-on set it in stock at TF Source. Looks like you get bonus face masks too. Everything comes in a nice doggy bag.
[www.tfsource.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2009 07:05PM by RedAleseides.
Sanjeev (Admin)
So...is this "Defender" supposed to be a fully-custom Springer toy? Like, their take on "Classics Springer"? Looks pretty groovy...but I think I'm more interested to see how they do "Protector", or more to the point, how they integrate the Rodimus Prime trailer into Classics Hot Rod's robot mode to make Rodimus' robot mode.
Just received the TFX-03 CC add on set. It looks great, but my only complaint is the new rifle doesn't fit very well on the leg in robot mode.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Can you confirm whether or not the missiles shoot?
No, they don't seem to shoot, or at least I haven't found the secret button. They spin, which means the missiles are separate pieces from the missile pack. There aren't any visible screw holes either.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2009 05:13AM by RedAleseides.
This review shows what the missiles look like removed from the launcher pack.
[www.youtube.com]

and the eyes are unpainted for the UM versions.
Sanjeev (Admin)
You serious? Ten and a half fucking minutes to talk about a couple non-shooty missile launchers and a gun?

I guess I'll let it run in the background...
B00
I know this topic has been discussed to death, so I'll be brief. I FINALLY got one of these city commander sets, and it's neat.

B00
3:00am, an drunk on turkey, I can't come up with a better word. Do the kids still use the word "Swag" or "Boss"?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2009 03:09AM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - City_1.jpg (437.5 KB)
open | download - City_2.jpg (428.7 KB)
I finally got the city commander set about 2 months ago. I've been seeing a lot of the lately.

Is Fansproject making them again with the new holes for the missle launcher holes?

I drilled holes in mine and I have put a set of original UM missles (I even got them to launch the missles) which I think look better and helps it seperate from the OP set.
Marvin Lee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Is Fansproject making them again with the new
> holes for the missle launcher holes?

Yes, the most recent release, which includes the upgrade set, includes holes. Not only can you attach the missile launchers, but also the new rifle (via the hole).
Spring..er...I mean, Defender!

Also a new, mystery release being planned: [www.fansproject.com]
Attachments:
open | download - p1060523_2.jpg (230 KB)
open | download - p1060531_2.jpg (232.6 KB)
open | download - p1060560_2.jpg (240.4 KB)
RedAleseides Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Spring..er...I mean, Defender!
>
> Also a new, mystery release being planned:
> [www.fansproject.com]

With diecast???? How much is THAT going to cost?

More serious than thou
That mystery seems like Bruticus as well...

More serious than thou
New mystery fig? YES! Now I don't have to try to cobble the parts in the Superion upgrade kit onto the Bruticus Maximus set.
After the recent Target release of Bruti, in the much better darker, G1 color scheme, an upgrade kit is sorely needed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer