Transformers Alternity

Posted by B00 
Diecast is decent, especially for the size. You get the nice cold feeling, plus some decent heft. The ratio of diecast to plastic seems better, IMO, on the Bumblebee than was on the old Binaltechs when it comes to the toy being hefty, yet stable and fun to play with. The complexity of the transformation is similar, but better executed. Figure is WAY better looking in person than in online pics. Far less "fat" and lumpy looking. It has pretty good articulation (no waist joint due to the transformation), and looks very good on a shelf, especially next to the MP Grimlock toy.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Cool to hear. Yeah, that Cliffjumper is enticing. Wasn't at all interestined in the Prime or Megatron, though. Wonder what car they'll do for the Seekers...I have a soft spot for them, so I hope they turn out good...
Anonymous User
The Seekers are going to be Mitsuoka Orochis. Pretty much as close to an evil car as you can get (I always think of the car from that Stephen King short story when I see it).

The robot mode lineart is pretty interesting, too- seems as though the car body folds out to replicate the wings and shoulder intakes of the original design.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Always on point, Daniel...

Pretty hot!
I'm looking forward to Skywarp!

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
That car and the robot mode line art give me a big Galvion vibe.

It's a good thing.
I think that car is the ugliest thing on the planet.. It looks organic.

Anyway, I recently got Bumblebee. He's pretty cool.
I also own a white Swift Sport, and belong to a Swift owners club. A member on there mentioned that there is a white version he saw on ebay.
I did a search but couldn't find anything. Was there an exclusive? Or perhaps was it just a custom?

EDIT: Nevermind. The guy sent me a link to what he was talking about and it was a Kyosho diecast model, not a Transformer at all. What a douche.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2010 06:46AM by eitlobsaboo.
Anonymous User
There is a white version of the R35 coming out. Maybe he was just confused.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Fucking hell, that's even sexier than the line art posted before! Might have to get one!
Christ, that's hideeeeeeoooouuusssss! The actual car is neat, but the figure looks gross... the way the entire top of the car shell just sits there to make fake wings is bullshittttt and ugly.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
A part of me wants to like it...the same way I want to say someone's kid is cute. But like that ugly child, there is something wrong with this...
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fucking hell, that's even sexier than the line art
> posted before! Might have to get one!

I'm with you on this one. Skywarp has a different head than SS, and it's much much better looking as well.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wow...y'all really don't like this??

And I thought *I* was the purist! :P

Anyway, I just looked up Alternity Starscream...and I think the head's awful. It's like they were trying to take the Bay movie insect head, and sorta tone it down a little. I had no idea. Terrible. I think the Skywarp head is perfect: it's totally got the "updated G1" look/feel. Kinda Classics-esque.
Ah, so that's what you guys are fussin' about?

Initially , I say "Cool!"
Since a car just, doesn't have wings, or big air intakes(not jet sized anyway) I like that they spun the roof sideways to give him the winged look.
Otherwise, he'd just be an Autobot, with the front doors as the wings.

In general, I grump at the entire line of Binaltech type stuffs, because EVERY character has to abandon what they originally were, and cram into a car transformation. So , yeah, some initial recoiling/nose wrinkling is gonna happen.
That said, the designers DO get pretty imaginative so that the end result robot is immediately seen as ,"Oh, THAT guy!"
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm honestly not all that bothered by the rebooting of the G1 characters. I mean, this is a whole new standalone toyline with no media to back it up...so what if they name the character above "Gary" instead of "Skywarp"? I've only ever really looked at BT/Alt and now Alternity purely on the merit of the toys, themselves. With the other toylines, I usually end up looking at the media just as much as the toys...so "authenticity" does become an issue.

Anyway, as it turned out, BT/Alt lost the appeal to me pretty quickly because the figures were kinda clunky and had stupidly-complex transformations that I just couldn't commit to memory! These Alternity toys, from what I gather, have smarter (albeit *less*) use of diecast, simpler (but more clever) transformation sequences, are cheaper, and seem to have cooler-looking robot modes. Seems like they pretty much resolved every major issue with the BT/Alt line...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer