Transformers Alternity

Posted by B00 
B00
A new figure was show of a GT-R Optimus Prime form a new line call Alternity. The new figure is about the size of a movie deluxe. It's not Binaltech, or Alternator. I'm keeping glue to the news on this, Prime looks awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2008 05:54PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - TF_alternity.jpg (64 KB)
open | download - TF_alternity_2.jpg (158.4 KB)
Why Convoy? It basically looks like the majority of G1 cars that went BT. Making it Cliffjumper and Streak would've been better since there was never a CJ BT, and Streak is silver and has the pedigree of Nissan/Datsun. I guess everything from tennis shoes to ipod docks is Convoy now so this is no different.

I liked BT but the relative similarity and bizarre character choices are pretty much what killed the line (although cost and moe played a part too).

I'd rather see them stick with the Henkei/Classics stuff and Animated. Although anything is better than the movie stuff.
I actually like the one standing next to Bumblebee better than the other one. I dig the smooth surfaces. I'm sure that's an earlier prototype though.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...Although anything is better
> than the movie stuff.

Ain't it the truth...
These are diecast, 1/32 scale, and have the automorph gimmick used in the movie and later incorporated into Animated and Classics/Universe.
B00
This looks amazing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2008 01:40PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - AT_Prime.jpg (103.6 KB)
Did Jin Saotome paint that?

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Har!
I wonder if it's actually going to include a gun. Being that the car manufactures while I'm sure are please to have they're name associated with the TF brand, are also not fond of them being part of "war toys".

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
To my eyes, it's pretty movie-esque.

More serious than thou
B00
I'm sure many TF lines from here on out will have a lot of influence from the movie styles. True the movie line was a big pile of turd logs, with a few golden pieces of corn stuck in it. But, it sold like crazy so I'm sure the profitable thing to do is ride that wave.

The GC movie designs split a lot of pieces into even smaller pieces. So the front end of a car would end up as several dozen components all jumbled up. At least with the Alternity Convoy, the large parts of the car remain intact. Still, I think it seems to reflect more common JP mech stylings, with an added splash of the ILM TF designs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2008 09:43AM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Convoy_red.jpg (173.4 KB)
open | download - Convoy_silver.jpg (33.2 KB)
I guess that answers the 'gun' question kind of. Reminds me of the tonfas that swing out on BW Neo Big Convoy.

I think silver looks a bit better, but it just isn't sitting right--convoy as car, not a truck. It's like the time Hasbro released Megatron as small jet plane (G2?) or the G2 promo commercials with Prime facing off with Starscream.
B00
Megatron looks ok, not as nice as Convoy. Hopefully it will look better with some color.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2008 03:16PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Meg_bot.jpg (17 KB)
open | download - Meg_Alt.jpg (15.3 KB)
B00
Been meaning to put this here. Convoy mini review! This is one awesome TF.

How much of optimus is diecast? which parts?
I liked the red convoy enough to pick one up, but the megatron doesn't seem all that impressive, and the upcoming Bumblebee/Cliffjumper is even less impressive, at least from the promo art...

I love the new Bumblebee design. It's a vehicle mode unlike any in BT/Alternators/etc so far, in contrast with the new Prime and Megatron being ANOTHER couple of sports cars - and despite the chest and head being reminiscent of Classics Bumblebee, and the arms and shoulders being basically the same as every other BT/Alt, the leg transformation seems totally fresh. His feet are sideways half-chunks of movie Bumblebee's chest!!

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 01:47PM by asterphage.
Attachments:
open | download - TAK10938.jpg (50.4 KB)
B00
Alternity Prime and Megatron are so similar in appearance, it's nice to see a totally unique design. Taka-Tomy will also be releasing the mold in Red, not sure if they will change the name to Cliff-Jumper.

I finally got both my Megatrons. I love this figure. It's not as complex as Prime (with is kinda a good thing). I got them at Comic con, the guy gave me a decent deal, $40 each if I buy them both. The silver one has some QA issue, so it's my hand bitch. The blue just looks awesome the color is nice an vibrant.

Dunno, I can't stand his rabbit-like/vampire buck teeth.

More serious than thou
fujikuro Wrote:
> Dunno, I can't stand his rabbit-like/vampire buck
> teeth.

he was very embarrassed about his braces
Attachments:
open | download - megateeth.JPG (38 KB)

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 03:21PM by asterphage.
Attachments:
open | download - 22521.jpg (219.8 KB)
open | download - 22522.jpg (242.6 KB)
open | download - 22523.jpg (205.4 KB)
open | download - 22524.jpg (213.7 KB)

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 03:22PM by asterphage.
Attachments:
open | download - 22520.jpg (250.3 KB)
From the chest up it looks nice... from the waist down... ech.

More serious than thou
And the guys at Volkswagon are saying, "Ve shall never let you hav our kars for zee war toys! Und look vat it has done!"
VF5SS Wrote:
> "Ve shall never let you hav our kars for zee war toys! Und look vat it has done! SIEG HEIL!"

Fixed it for you!
B00
Megatron pics and review here

> I kinda dig the "post-apocalyptic art-deco lady
> justice wielding scales and sword" thing they got
> goin' on with that Alternity Megatron head sculpt.

I wish I could see what you meant when I look at Megatron's head, because that sounds way cooler than what I'm seeing :3

-Paul Segal

B00
I got my Black Convoy and Megatron yesterday, I put up some photos of Convoy.

I've got Bumblebee on the way now. The video reviews I've seen for it sure make it look awfully nice, though the paint job on Cliffjumper looks fantastic. Still, it's Cliffjumper, not Bumblebee, so kind of hard to choose him instead...

More serious than thou
I want to see a really good gallery for Alternity BB still... everything I've seen makes the roof and trunk chest look way too articulation-hinderingly huge.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
B00
I should be getting my Cliffjumper by the end of this week, the metallic-red paint job was too awesome to pass up. If he rocks, I'll pick up BB to complete the set.

> I want to see a really good gallery for Alternity
> BB still... everything I've seen makes the roof
> and trunk chest look way too
> articulation-hinderingly huge.

Check out Peaugh's review of it. He keeps saying over and over in the review that the issue you mention above isn't true in person. It seems to be one of those toys that really suffers from the camera putting on a few pounds...

More serious than thou
B00
Finally got my Cliffjumper, I'll have some photos up soon.

It's a hell-uva nice toy, really well thought out.

vangelus reviews cliffjumper
Sanjeev (Admin)
What's the diecast content like on these (sorry, didn't bother listening to the video review)? I did see a comment saying that Seekers have been announced...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer