[WST dino-bots] It's About time, damnit

Posted by B00 
B00
Look what finally showed up. The Christmas stocking stuffer set for 07. It's a bit late, actually very late, but also early for next year. I got this set for one reason, the G1 colored Swoop. The normal Swoop will be in Diaclone colors (I think). Let me just say, Swoop is very impressive. His G1 toy was pretty fragile, so in turn the WST version is just as fragile so be warned!

The tiny hinges and such can be a bit nerve racking to handle, but the toy is super well made.

Swoop did indeed come with a bunch of "spring loaded" weapons for the other WST Dino-Bots, but none of them actually work :(

Swoop also has his training wheels mode.

The Reindeer Commander is nice, but nothing new. It's my third Commander now, and it has some signs of mold wear, but it's just superficial, the actual transformation is very tight and the parts line up just as well as my other two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2008 01:07PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Swoop_1.jpg (263.2 KB)
open | download - Swoop_2.jpg (410.4 KB)
open | download - Swoop_3.jpg (450.3 KB)
open | download - Reindeer_Commander.jpg (366.7 KB)
B00
While trying to put the Elf hat oh Swoop, I managed to un-thread it. Oops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2008 01:35PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Reindeer_Commander_2.jpg (335.9 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
AWESOME.....can't wait for mine to arrive.

Love this set hard.

Has anyone tried out Reprolabels' replacement stickers for any of the WST dino's?
B00
Yeah, my Snarl on the right has them on. They fit well. I need to put in a mega WST DinoBot order once they make a Swoop and Sludge set.

-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, my Snarl on the right has them on. They fit
> well.

That looks pretty hot, actually. Nice.

> I need to put in a mega WST DinoBot order
> once they make a Swoop and Sludge set.
>

...I was about to say...

I thought the regular Swoop and Sludge were dropping at the same time...and soon. What the fuck? I can understand the delay on Swoop because they probably over-promised with the spring-loaded launchers, but they put out a stocking stuffer version first??

And where's Sludge? Figured that'd be easier to put out than Swoop.
B00
Yeah that's what I was thinking, due to Swoop's size/complexity, they needed more time to be meticulous over his construction. They probly just postponed Sludge to accommodate Swoop's manufacturing. But Still, what went so wrong here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2008 01:45PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Ahh_Closure.jpg (413.8 KB)
B00
Here are some better shots of Sludge. Mine came without a sword, but the awesome guys at TFsource are sending me a new sword. I hope they have some of the WST's at Botcon, I still need the blue Swoop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2008 12:35PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Sludge_1.jpg (282.4 KB)
open | download - Sludge_2.jpg (429.6 KB)
I wish these were officially released by Takara.

Do you think the company that put these out would do a box set?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
B00
There might be a box set now that all 5 Dino-bots have been made, you never know. There's always a stocking stuffer campaign, with color variations etc.

To be honest, I'm glad Takara didn't make these. I doubt They would have put as much time and effort into it. Their WST TF were just trading figures, yeah they were cool, but it's not like they had chrome clear pieces, and die-cast.

I kinda dig these "dark" Dinobots...

Wonder if the missile launchers will work on this run...

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
B00

Wonder if the missile launchers will work on this run..
I doubt it :(

The Dinobots do look good in black with the chrome gold/silver. This set will be mine. Now if they would only make a clear set...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2008 06:02PM by B00.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oof! Keep the chrome chrome, make the grey plastic bits clear, and of course, the same diecast content...

WINNER.

Still, this set's pretty hot...may have to consider it...
B00
yeah, I'm totally hook on these little things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2008 07:27PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Slag_bot.jpg (390.6 KB)
open | download - Slag_Dino.jpg (418.6 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Delectable!

Wonder if they're planning on doing a special set for the "dark" set.
B00
I'm sure you can put in a custom request for them. That dark set looks mighty nice, as it turns out the 10 lucky draw sets will be transparent.

We have achieved clear!!

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
B00
I plan too. I need to find something on their site to spend $40 on, so I can buy the set.

Might I recommend the Shadow Commander set? Brokeness be damned--that's the one thing I decided will be worth eating ramen for the rest of the week for!
Clear looks cool. I finally got on board and ordered a wee slag(normal color), thanks for the encouraging pics guys.

And..waitadingdangminit! Sanjeev...Broke? You didn't spend all that doh-ray-mee you saved from missing out on that Grendy Spazer Jumbo already did you?!
B00
I'd kill for the Shadow Commander set, but I'm really strapped for cash right now. Holiday shopping kick my ass hard.

[www.justitoys.hk]
B00
I'd buy that for a dollar...

I...don't get it. When I click on the link, all I see is some vague silhouette of Snarl standing next to a silhouette of THS Prime. And there doesn't seem to be any more information on the page. What the fuck is this?
From my experience, "hybrid-style convoy" = small, shitty, overpriced figure that is floppy, delicate, and no fun to mess around with. I hope that is not this company's definition of "hybrid style."
B00
Finally got my Dark retribution set. Man these look awesome! I'll get some photos up soon.

Here they are.

A few more pics WST Dinorobots

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 03:37AM by B00.
Sanjeev (Admin)
That set looks badass...but you commented that the quality's not 100% on these. Are they worse than the original releases?

It sounds like the manufacturing cut some corners by failing to cut some sprues, but that's easily enough fixed. Is there any apparent mold wear, loose joints, or any other issues that *can't* be fixed with a hobby knife?
B00
Grimlock was the worst of it. There isn't any mold wear this time around (not on my set anyway), and part fit on Grimlock's robot arms has actually been improved. I did run into the occasional missing screw. The only un-resolvable issue is Grimlocks left knee, the shaft for the screw is stripped bare and can't be tightened. It's annoying, but Grimlock stands fine on it. Sludge has a few improvements, he transforms a lot easier. Slag's slide out hips actually stay in place now, Swoop and Snarl have no noticeable improvements or flaws.

I still need a blue Swoop, and the Stocking stuffer set is late (which is right on time for Just-i-toys)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 10:59AM by B00.
B00
I FINALLY got the 08 stocking stuffer set today. These get later each year. The G2 Snarl has a few bent spikes, but the transparent Sludge is awesome. I'll have some pics up soon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer