encore and classics stuff

Posted by Runaphen 
Yeah, all the current and future stuff was totally worth waiting through the mostly icky movie toys.
I hope to see more 1986-1987 characters.

They are coming out with a Springer, but it's just a recolor of Cybertron Evac in green.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
B00
I was afraid that the new universe line would be more re-paints than original molds. Looks like it will be the other way around, well for now at least. I hope they make more mini-bots into legends class, Warpath, Gears, and SeaSpray would rock. I also hope they put that Prowl mold to good use and make SmokeScreen.

Hey Hasbro, new Wheeljack and TrailBreaker please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2008 05:21PM by B00.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hound and Cyclonus look great. I'm pretty excited about Ravage, too--it's nice to see an updated cassette-robo...even if cassettes are so out-dated. I'd love a Classics Rumble and Laserbeak, too.

Anyway...reissue Piranacon!? WHAT THE FUCK!?

Talk about *didn't see THAT coming*! Fuck...I'm gonna get it, aren't I? Such a sucker for sea-monsters/robots...pssht.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
I'd rather they reissued it in original colors, though. It's by far the best of the odl gestalt bots in my opinion. Certainly the most original...

More serious than thou
B00
The Collector's Club members get it (seacon) at a reduced price. I'm not sure what the non-member price will be. I was part of the club for a year, wasn't all that awesome.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
It was originally meant to be a store exclusive for the Universe line (the old one, not the one now).

Anonymous User
I'm happy with my God Neptune, thanks...
Hello Chrome!

[tformers.com]

I think they even gave Sideswipe a new head, not just a recast of Sunstreaker.
Anonymous User
I read at another board that initial production run of Prowl and possibly Sunstreaker are suffering from sticky, uncured paint applications - even to the point where paint is adhering to the inside of packaging blisters. Some commented that it may be localized to hotter, more humid climates, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

Has anyone else noted these problems? I was planning on getting a Prowl sometime in the next few days, but I don't mind holding off a month or so for another production run to hit stores.
I don't see that problem... and in the stores where I've seen them stocked, they have a fair number of each of them to choose through.

I saw the new sideswipe head in the latest issue of toyfare (looking through it while shopping... on a side note, where do they come up with the prices for their price guide? 35 bucks for animated starscream???). The pic still had the little attachment that sunstreaker has on his hood/robot-mode back. Also, I didn't even realize the mold had slots for shoulder mounted weapons...
B00

Has anyone else noted these problems

The paint around my Prowl's fenders wipes right off, and it turning brown in some spots.

Anyway, I'd love a God Neptune paint scheme reissue for Piranacon, but c'mon...the robot looks like fried calamari! It's a seafood trainwreck. It deserves a horrendous paint scheme, not a good one!
B00
Wow these look great. I can't wait for the my little pony cross overs.

Looks like he has a fur coat on.

When I think, Wolverine, a fruity blue and yellow truck always comes to mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2008 05:15PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Flame_ON_Bitch.jpg (160.7 KB)
open | download - Spoon_hands.jpg (172 KB)
Ew.
Sanjeev (Admin)
It actually took me a good 8 seconds or so to register what I was seeing.

I suppose I should be glad for that... :/
B00
But wait, there's more!

Hulk'n-Stine or Frank'n-Hulk whichever you prefer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2008 05:50PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Hulk_enstine.jpg (158.9 KB)
They really need to abandon the whole crossover thing. It didn't work with Star Wars, and it certainly doesn't work with this. I can only imagine what G.I. Joe will look like.

The Star Wars ones could at least be kept in vehicle mode as a replacement for the dearly missed Action Fleet.
Anonymous User
B00 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But wait, there's more!
>
> Hulk'n-Stine or Frank'n-Hulk whichever you
> prefer.
>

Ooh, that's a GREAT custom idea! I'm gonna do it! Frankenstein/Transformer crossover - FRANKENSTEIN JUNIOR 20XX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I call Dibs!

- AcroRay

OK, Buzz!
I think I'm going to be sick.

More serious than thou
Feels like they should come with a burger and fries.

Worst part, you know there are bunch of kids out there who think these are the COOLEST things in the world. And 20, 30 years from now, they'll be on a forum like this, reminiscing about the 'good ole days' with Human Torch Starscream.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2008 01:26AM by RedAleseides.
Anonymous User
RedAleseides Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Feels like they should come with a burger and
> fries.
>
> Worst part, you know there are bunch of kids out
> there who think these are the COOLEST things in
> the world. And 20, 30 years from now, they'll be
> on a forum like this, reminiscing about the 'good
> ole days' with Human Torch Starscream.

And then the other guy will be like, "Psh, whatever. Marvel Megamorphs were waaay better."
Amazingly, TakaraTomy plans to release those in Japan as well. With all the ZILLIONS
of awesome robot toys being released now, why in the fuck would they want those of all things? Reverse weeabooism (using the 4chan term for lack of a better word) I can only imagine.

I'm glad I'll be holding off the U.S. versions for these.

Most of the early Henkei release had chrome parts done in a tacky fashion (was that purple chrome on the back of Astrotrain really necessary?) where as these look exactly where they should be.

Attachments:
open | download - Prowl JP.jpg (92.8 KB)
open | download - Sunstreaker JP.jpg (101.7 KB)
I'm glad I'll be holding off the U.S. versions for these.

Most of the early Henkei release had chrome parts done in a tacky fashion (was that purple chrome on the back of Astrotrain really necessary?) where as these look exactly where they should be.

Attachments:
open | download - Prowl JP.jpg (92.8 KB)
open | download - Sunstreaker JP.jpg (101.7 KB)
B00
I like the chrome rockets on Prowl, but the chrome spoilers don't look too hot. If they fixed the paint app problem with Prowl I might pick one up.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Actually, I don't think chroming anything makes much sense on these toys. The chrome worked on the original toys because they were mostly diecast and had glossy paint jobs. These new toys are mostly unpainted dull plastic. Unless they get a glossy paintjob, the added chrome is wasted.
Agreed. So far I've seen no reason to spend the extra bucks and nab any of the Japanese releases. The ONLY one that I can see that with is Megatron, and that's only because of the significantly different (and mostly correct) color scheme.

More serious than thou
[www.tfw2005.com]

Pics of the others. Besides the added chrome, I don't want to deal with crappy distribution of Hasbro's toys or below par QC.

B00
I found Galvatron this weekend. It's an alright TF. The Tank is a bit boring but the transformation is great, and bot modes not too shabby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2008 09:03PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Galvatron_Alt.jpg (290.8 KB)
open | download - Galvatron_Bot.jpg (400.2 KB)
Him and the upcoming Ironhide look like Bayformers toys to me. Too many pieces moving around for my taste. Ironhide looks absolutely wretched in alt mode and Galvatron's limbs in bot mode look like a jumble of twisted parts.
While Galvatron may not be the best looking one for this line, I'm going to have to get him if I also get Cyclonus just to reenact the lovely banter between the two.

It's not movie TF looking to me, but I will agree that the new "Classics" toys ae too convoluted. The first range of them was just simple enough to still evoke the old G1 toys. These newer ones... well, they're OK, but they're not as nice.

More serious than thou
B00
I'm just glad they are putting an effort into the new molds, these could have easily turned out like the Marvel cross-over shit.

Wait--is Silverbolt technically Classics? Or Universe?

...Reminds me...I gotta track down a preorder for the red (Japanese-version) Universe Powerglide...
Silverbolt is techinically Universe, but like most of the new mold Universe toys (like Sunstreaker, Prowl, Tankor Etc.) he gets lumped into the whole "Classics" thing.
B00
Yeah, the line up is Universe but the boxes have a little label that says "Classic Series".

Click here to login

footer