encore and classics stuff

Posted by Runaphen 
Ginrai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Found you a Thundercracker, hillsy. They also have
> Scourge, Wheeljack, Kup, and Warpath if anyone
> needs those. I am still looking for a Wreck-Gar!

Ginrai, not sure if you have ROSS where you live, but I just found my Wreck-Gar for $7 there. Good luck!
Goddamn! I live in scalper heaven or something. Everyone around here is like, "Hey man, I totally found 50 Wreck-Gars at Ross. I bought them ALL!" And there are zero there when I go there. Sadface. I'm still looking for a Wreck-Gar!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
I found Wreck-Gar, G2 tribute Optimus, Perceptor and wee Trail"cutter" at TJ Maxx and Marshalls near me.

I am still looking for the Grappel etc. wave, so next time I go, I will see if there are any more Wreck-Gars.

Optimus and Wreck-Gar both broke the first time I transformed them. Little pegs and/or fiddly bits.

Found Warpath and Thundercracker at Target last night.

Thank you
Wow, they both broke? That's unfortunate! I'd still like a Wreck-Gar if you happen across one!

-Ginrai
Yeah, there was a peg on Optimus that snapped off when I tried to insert it into its corresponding hole.

On Wreck Gar, the handlebars fold in when he's in robot mode. The first time I transformed him the plastic holding the pin that provides the motion completely shattered. It kind of had that brittle/mushy quality you see sometimes.

I'll keep my eye out.

Thank you
Yeah, actually that happened to my Wreck-Gar too. I glued it back on and it's fine so far...

You're actually SUPPOSED to use the 'automorph' feature on Wreck-Gar, or else he will break. Here's an article on it: [www.allspark.com]
Ginrai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm still looking for a Wreck-Gar!

Turn that frown upside down! Surely you have access to Amazon? There are a few instock for ~$25 :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2011 06:08PM by RedAleseides.
Okay, okay! I ordered one from Amazon! Now are they really releasing another Junkion in the US?

-Ginrai
B00
A junkion repaint has been confirmed in the first wave when Generations returns late this year.

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Kinky...
[tformers.com]

I don't know how I feel about lemony paint scheme...

How does Hasbro manage to paint things terrible? let's hope this just the prototype.
Wheeljack with two swords stuck to his bumper looks dumb.
Well, shit, they couldn't manage to spell "peek" right as regards "sneak." Kinda embarrassing when giving a presentation.

More serious than thou
I got my Wreck-Gar from Amazon finally. Definitely want to get the Junkion to go with him! He's pretty cool. I see what you guys were saying about the autotransform dealy in the leg instead of pushing on the handlebars.

-Ginrai
I've been seeing a bunch of Wheeljack, Thundercracker, Kup, Warpath, etc. at TRU (and some remnants at Target) though I don't remember seeing any Wreck Gars.
B00
Most stores are only re-stocking Generations. Reveal the shield is being sighted at discount stores.

Picked up the new Junkon dood at Target today. It's easily as much fun as Wreck-Gwar. The fact that they can take turns riding each other securely with their molded taint-clamps and shin-ginas adds to the deliciously absurd and unintentionally(?) homoerotic subtexts of Ass-symmetrical Motorcycle Mens. Glorious!
I also got Scrap Heap or Junk Heap or whatever his fucking name is. Wreck-Gar is riding him. All is right with the world.

-Ginrai
Pretty sweet how the crotch piece snaps into the seat. They thought about the repaint at the time the toy was developed. It reminds me of the reusable nature of the Sunstreaker mold. Such a better way to do repaints than all the usual crap that comes out with that method of squeezing our wallets.

More serious than thou
I'm starting to want Sky Shadow.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Just picked Skyshadow up. It's a much nicer looking bot (to my eye anyway) than the original it was repainted from. Much better new head sculpt as well.

More serious than thou
He's a space gangster.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Sweet! I love contests!
[www.tfw2005.com]

I'm torn on Junk-heap. The Yellow part just look horrible, but Wreck-gar just isn't the same without one of his compatriots. Anyone here try out these MJ parts?
Found the three Fall of Cybertron deluxes relatively cheaply, and couldn't resist. I probably should've resisted. The Shockwave is pretty neat, if tiny. The Optimus and Jazz, however, are terrible. Op seems way too small for a bulky robot, and the transformation is awkward. Jazz is made of cheap, KO-quality plastic and has bizarre design choices (fake wheels on the feet, why?).

Anyone get the SDCC Bruticus? If it's as bad as these, I'll probably cancel my G2 preorder on Amazon.

Best, Ken-A
B00
The new generations line is a total disappointment so far. I got to see a Bruticus in person. He's big but looks kinda crummy. Same minimum effort toy designs as the first wave.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 09:50PM by B00.
Sanjeev (Admin)
fujikuro just mentioned that preorders are up for MP Frumble and Ravage on bbts...but there's also a preorder up for Encore Fortress Maximus! Go get 'em, tigers...
Ken-A
Found the three Fall of Cybertron deluxes relatively cheaply, and couldn't resist. I probably should've resisted. The Shockwave is pretty neat, if tiny. The Optimus and Jazz, however, are terrible. Op seems way too small for a bulky robot, and the transformation is awkward. Jazz is made of cheap, KO-quality plastic and has bizarre design choices (fake wheels on the feet, why?).

Anyone get the SDCC Bruticus? If it's as bad as these, I'll probably cancel my G2 preorder on Amazon.

Best, Ken-A

Generally I agree here. The OP is OK - I thought the transformation was fun and simple, but the other two aren't very good. In fact, I'd have to say that the only half-way decent toy among all the video game figures is the WFC OP. That's a nice figure overall. Bumblebee is terrible, Soundwave is just ludicrous to look at, and these new ones...

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Do what now?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2012 04:29PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - taco_supreme_rowbutt.jpg (191.9 KB)
open | download - taco_supreme_gravy-train.jpg (154.5 KB)
Sanjeev
Do what now?

Interesting. Sure would like to see larger pics, especially of the head and face. Not all that happy with OS with a "face."

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, the new face could have a clear shield over it...which I could definitely dig. But I'd still like for the head to remain a Headmaster--of sorts--and transform into a wee man.

[Yes, I saw that this "Platinum" release was somehow related to Energon...so I looked that up and saw the mediocrity this toy's based on.]
Yeah, I had one of these at one time. Not really all that fun of a toy. I'm not sure that a redeco/slight remold makes it a better toy. Just gotta see more pics.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
The Energon versions look pretty crummy, for sure. But these new colors and head/claw sculpt really pull the whole thing together as a decent Classics ("CHUD"?) Omega Supreme. Plus I'm a sucker for space-battleships!

Do you recall if there were any shooty gimmicks? I see lots of references to a spring-loaded punch gimmick (I'm guessing not a true rocket punch...but maybe a fist-on-a-stick that pops/extends with some force behind it?). It sorta looks like the bigger guns on the battleship deck are actually missiles.

Oh, and just how big is this thing? If it's reasonably-priced, I might consider it...
Energon Omega Supreme is as big as Unicron, dude.

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 05:18PM by Ginrai.
Sanjeev (Admin)
That's pretty cool then. I just looked up the original MSRP on Energon Omega: $50. I'll bet this whole "Platinum" thing refers to it being a limited release, so I think that price would be too much to hope for...
I think the platinum thing is on account of gold paint?

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Holy SHIT...okay, well, this may have just became a must-buy. Haha...it's funny how reading "15 inches" doesn't quite convey the reality of a thing! But I just randomly found this pic:

Okay, I *get it* now!

I've actually handled the TFC Herc at a friend's place...and that thing is a fucking BEAST. And the new (old) OS is even bigger? Damn...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 10:28PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - EnergonOmeganexttoHerc.jpg (462.2 KB)
It honestly is a fun toy. I played with my friend's Energon Taco Supreme before. It also combines with Energon Optimus Prime, which I liked for its goofy sentai feel and tubby robot with creepy mouth. It's also a Headmaster, which is great. The thing that kept me from buying it was mostly the colors. Just wasn't feeling them. The battleship really does feel like Space Battleship Yamato, which is rad. I'm really interested in this recolor, but I hope it's still a Headmaster, because I love the head turnin' into a robit.

It is WAY bigger than the original.

-Ginrai

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2012 08:14PM by Ginrai.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer