encore and classics stuff

Posted by Runaphen 
B00
So much better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2009 09:53PM by B00.
Can't wait to see the Henkai version of Dinobot.

One that I'd really like to see is Tarantulas since that was my favorite character in Beast Wars.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Anonymous User
Just because I've been seeing this a lot- it's "HenKEI," not "Henkai."

The latter always sounds vaguely dirty...
akum6n Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just because I've been seeing this a lot- it's
> "HenKEI," not "Henkai."
>
> The latter always sounds vaguely dirty...

Well, look who's writing it...

More serious than thou
Cannot wait to pick up this accessories pack. Wondering how Mirage's launcher is going to connect, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2009 02:08AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Mirage.jpg (81.8 KB)
open | download - Sideswipe.jpg (91.3 KB)
Those look just too big for my tastes. If they were a bit smaller, I'd be much more inclined to buy.

More serious than thou
[gamu-toys.info]

purple space plane
Definitely one of those times when the TakaTomy version isn't nearly as nice as the Hasbro one.

More serious than thou
fujikuro Wrote:
> Definitely one of those times when the TakaTomy
> version isn't nearly as nice as the Hasbro one.

lol no
You guys be tripping. I'm digging the cartoon colors.

Regardless, the mold is fantastic, given that our previous option for an accurate Cyclonus was this stubby bastard:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2009 12:07AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Cyclonus the Stub.jpg (26.1 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Do the shoulder-mounted missile launcher actually shoot?

Also, I prefer the henkei Cyclonus color scheme as well...though I wish the purple were a little darker...and the the dark purple chrome wingtips are a bit odd.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> and the the dark purple chrome wingtips
> are a bit odd.

Very odd. Far too Transmetals for my taste. I've never been one for cartoon accuracy, especially where it comes to Transformers. More especially since so many of the G1 toys were designed before the cartoon characters ever were.

More serious than thou
Picked up most of the recent wave, but only really played with Dinobot. I like the little features... the ability to change the faction symbol (or hide it in dino mode), the ability to change from claws to hands, etc.
fujikuro Wrote:
> I've never been one for cartoon accuracy, especially
> where it comes to Transformers. More especially
> since so many of the G1 toys were designed before
> the cartoon characters ever were.

True (for the first couple of years anyway), but this is a cartoon-homage line, not a pre-Transformers Diaclone line, so to do a cartoon-specific mold and not follow through with the cartoon colors would be a let-down for me.

Re: the launchers, I don't think they're spring-loaded. If you look carefully, both launchers are actually the same mold; it's just that the pointy ring section is fitted on the back end of the launcher for Sideswipe. Probably just friction fit or something.
How about a gun or two for Hound? The Ravage is a cool if odd choice for an accessory, but I'd have done without him if it meant a gas can, tire and two guns were there in it's place. That was part of why I liked him way back then, because of all the stuff he had, this one is like half a toy. They could do a whole kit of shit just for him.

It's times like this when I wonder if Takara isn't secretly behind these fake companies and putting out these things to sell people stuff for more money that should have come with it in the first place.
MSW
I've been looking for Inferno, but no luck yet. However I did pick up Hound and Ravage.

Is it just me or does Hound seem like he should belong in the animated line? The detailing is soft and the green just looks odd. He looks right at home sitting next to some of the animated figures especialy in altmode. His feet need heel spurs or something as most of his support is in the "toes". I wish the wheels folded into the chest as putting them in any other location than faceing each other hunchback style resaults in a big hole in his back. Robot mode has sharper details, but he still looks kinda halfway between a proper Universe and Animated figure. The transformation is pretty neat, joints are solid, lacks a waist joint but is pretty poseable.

Ravage isn't bad, but kinda odd he is included. Joints are a little loose, but not floppy. Transformation is nice, but the cat mode is kinda odd. Body has a painful looking curved spine and the rear legs are massive compered to the fronts. Head looks like it was a rejected Laserbeak design. the G1 had a more crisp altmode, but overall its pretty cool. All in all I wish they left Ravage out and spent more effort on Hound.
Picked up Inferno at Target this morning, though I haven't opened him yet. Seems to be packed in with Leo Prime (there were two Infernos and 1 Leo Prime). Leo Prime is actually the Leobreaker mold from Cybertron, but with a remolded Prime head and in Prime colors... looks ghastly in beast mode, but I might yet pick it up for the remolded face.

There was also ANOTHER Cybertron Scattershot repaint, with the first one still readily available. Wow.

All the basics (for both Universe and Animated) are now readily available at nearly every Target I've been to since the toy aisle resets.

Also finally found an Animated Shockwave at TRU, but some joker had actually cut the twist ties and repackaged it. Who knows what was missing... Grr...
Cyclonus is the bomb. It seems like Takara/Hasbro's really hitting a stride in terms of designing these toys. When I picked up Ironhide, I thought that was the end all, be all. Then I picked up Hound and thought that was the one. Now it's Cyclonus--these just keep getting better and better. After the first series, I was scratching my head--there were some standouts (Bumblebee, Mirage) and some clunkers (Hot Rod, Grimlock). The second series has its misses, too (the Prowl/Bluestreak mold is just really funky), but it's also a giant leap, in terms of engineering and design, over the first series. I hope there's a third.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2009 01:32AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Cyclonus.jpg (484.3 KB)
B00
Love that Henkei Astrotrain.

I can't get over the fact that Cyclonus comes with Nightstick. Delicious chrome.
akum6n Wrote:
> Too bad it all ends in a few months.
>
> I can't get over the fact that Cyclonus comes with
> Nightstick. Delicious chrome.

No kidding, and for the terrible movie figs too.

More serious than thou
Inferno is great, easily the best of the line so far. Very blocky, yet quite posable, and his head is pure retro.

My only complaint is the shade of red he is molded in. It is very deep and almost mauve. All the pics show it as bright red but it's dark. I can see them making it in a brighter red down the road, as well as a light blue for a Defensor as well. If this line proves anything it's that Hasbro isn't shy about recoloring a toy and giving it a new name.
B00
Some more legends pics here Cosmos, Wheelie, and Warpath. I really hope we see a Seaspray.

I haven't bothered with many minicons since Armada(*ahem*) sets, but this is better than those blister carded minis the last couple years.
Maybe I missed this, but is that really a retooled Armada HotRod in the Classics/Henkei line? Really? Will that be the last of this line?
>Maybe I missed this, but is that really a retooled Armada HotRod in the >Classics/Henkei line? Really? Will that be the last of this line?

Totally brand new sculpt.

Anonymous User
fujishig Wrote:
> Maybe I missed this, but is that really a retooled
> Armada HotRod in the Classics/Henkei line?
> Really? Will that be the last of this line?

I don't know if your question is purely rhetorical, but the last known release in Henkei is Red Alert. It was recently announced that Red Alert would not be brought over to Classics stateside.

Oh, this guy too.

Image from TFW2005, from Japanese blog.
And that is?

Repaint-A-Bot?

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sheesh, that looks awful.

More serious than thou
Anonymous User
Don't you recognize the limb of an unpopular G1 combiner? ...it's Strafe. Targetmaster Strafe.
Unpopular combiner? Computron is fucking awesome. He's got a drill tank for a leg.
Yes: G1 Computron rocked (but it came at the tail end of the Transformers' popularity, so it's not regarded with the same renown as that of the earlier combiners).

NO: That "exclusive" repaint of Cyclonus looks like ass. And anyone dumb enough to pay $100 for it deserves to be mocked.

Cyclonus is a purple god of destruction, not this abomination.
I wouldn't mind a new toy of Hun-gurr. Abominus was first combiner toy (sorry, it wasn't a Devastator, a Voltron or any Godaikin).

Actually, because Hun-Gurr had good leg articulation, Abominus came out to be quite posable. Although my favorite of the so called "scrambled city" styled combiners was Piranacon.

Boy looks like Cyclonus got hit b y a tacky Christmas truck!

I'll also chime in and say that the colors on the Stateside Cyclonus look way better than that pasty purple Henki version. Same about Onslant.
Picked up Armada Hotrod and Ratchet today at Target, so they're out. Might have passed on Hotrod, but if it's the end of the line, might as well pick up the new mold. Ratchet looks like a straight recolor of Ironhide, though I haven't opened him yet.

edited to add: At least they seem to be having fun with the tech specs... Hotrod's mentions JAAAM. And for some reason, Ratchet's mentions that he basically went on drinking binges in medical school until some harrowing experiences with megatron forced him to shape up... odd.

Also noticed that the US version of Hotrod doesn't come with any weapons, while the Takara one apparently does. Grr...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 12:06PM by fujishig.
I ordered Henkei Galvatron. HLJ's running a sale on various Transformers and that was the only one I wanted (Dinobot was sold out).

This is a picture of my Ganbo Gentei! Thrust. I bought a loose Ramjet on eBay and gave Thrust the forearms and feet. I also modified Thrust's wing hinge slightly so that his wings can be positioned further back and painted his lasers burgundy. Finding the perfect color for his lasers was tough and I ended up painting and stripping them several times until I ultimately combined a couple of colors to get the best shade.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 02:44PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - DSC00573b.JPG (400.4 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Man, those are such good fucking toys. I like a transformer it doesn't take half an hour of nervous sweating (plus extra time re-consulting the manual) to transform.
Still annoys me that they're coneheads. YES, the show had them that way. The toys weren't made that way, though.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh, I think the conehead aspect was executed brilliantly in the Classics toys. The nosecone is full-length, like a regular F15, in the first 3 seekers, and it folds away cleanly in robot mode. For the later three conehead seekers, the nosecone is more truncated, so it actually looks good (to me) in their robot modes.

Too bad it's so prohibitively expensive to pick up the full sets of them...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer