encore and classics stuff

Posted by Runaphen 
BTW, Universe Legends Hound is a pretty neat little toy. Good for carrying around in your pocket for those moments when you need to do something with your hands.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
I got sumptin' else in me pockets for when I need something to do with my hands! HAR!!

(why do they let me continue to post on this board!?)

Anyway, in other news, the Takara-version Universe Powerglide is shipping! Hot damn...$50 for a big, red Powerglide!
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got sumptin' else in me pockets for when I need
> something to do with my hands! HAR!!
>

So, you have a detachable penis?

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
No, a Gameboy. What's wrong with you??

;P
I worked at a record store at the wrong period of time, that's what.

[www.youtube.com]

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh, I'm well aware of the song (and, trust me, I'm worse off for it).

I was just trying to snarky, witty, and/or contrarian.
The gameboy detachable penis...the new wave of the future.
Detachable tail.
Attachments:
open | download - 1222865748785ca1.jpg (330.4 KB)
Been a while since stopping in at TRU. For Universe, they had another "exclusive" release of Unicron(back to orange/grey/clear colors), as well as "exclusive" chubby Inferno. Just picked up the Titanium Grimlock instead.
B00
I saw that Unicron. I didn't like in the Armada/Energon line, and I still don't like it now.

B00
Found Iron Hide and SilverStreak. Streak's paint app. is 100% better than Prowl's. The paint doesn't wipe off the fenders like Prowl's dose. Iron Hide has a great transformation, and an awesome robot mode, but his alt mode looks worse than the pictures that were floating around.

Did anyone get the Henkei versions of Sunstreaker and Prowl? I want to know how they are? I heard that there's was a problem with the paint sticking on the Universe Prowl. Plus I think the chrome on those two improves their look.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Chrome makes the Henkei versions look better in many cases, however a chromed part, IMO, doesn't make them worth 2.5 times the cost + shipping from Japan.

More serious than thou
Classics 2.0 Dinobot

Unfortunate that it's only a deluxe. This character would have made a nice Voyager sized toy. Nice head sculpt though.
Attachments:
open | download - HAS162uy76t5r50.jpg (46.2 KB)
open | download - HAS16iuy7t5r250.jpg (56.7 KB)
Certainly better than the absolutely horrid older toy.

More serious than thou
I still wish they could have done something better with the dino arms in robot mode. They remind me of chicken wings, without the feathers or meat.
~
Attachments:
open | download - 906a78b0442f4f901d0f4f2560635618.jpg (39.1 KB)
Runaphen Wrote:
> ~

Ha ha! Bombs away!

More serious than thou
I kind of wondered why they coupled Hound with Ravage, now I know and knowning is...

[tformers.com]
Really looking forward to that set - two characters in one pack, and there's definitely some love in there.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Legs-splayed Ravage=win. Sold.

Hound looks good, too, but I don't like the day-glowness of the green in these shot...I'd MUCH rather they went darker with the olive drab.

As for the pairing of Hound and Ravage, it actually comes from one of the very first episodes ("More than meets the eye" Parts 1-3). Hound ends up capturing Ravage...only to let him escape to lead them to the Decepticons' hide-out.
Anonymous User
Finally opened up my JP ver. Powerglide tonight. First thing I notice is a large scratch along one of the engines- some of the paint is completely gone.

The toy itself is decent enough, although the wings do not seem to clip in place in robot mode (making the arms floppy). I must have triggered the electronic sounds about 15 times during transformation. I will get those batteries out if it takes a hacksaw.

I remember there was some talk about this guy a few pages back- if you're thinking about the JP version, reconsider or wait until it goes on sale. The plastic quality and paint apps do not stack up against the other Henkei releases of the U.S. Classics/Universe toys, and it's really not worth the premium price.
This week I got the Henkei release of Prowl, Sunstreaker and Octane. All are really nice especially the Autobots.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Sanjeev (Admin)
akum6n Wrote:
> Finally opened up my JP ver. Powerglide tonight....and it's really not worth
> the premium price.

Damn, just got this myself. Thankfully, mine was pretty cheap, but that's pretty disheartening. I have a soft spot for A10s.

Haven't opened mine yet, but I'll keep in mind the transformation sound fx...those batteries will be disposed of before any transforming gets done.
B00
Anyone seen this yet? Transformers Universe. It's crappy and cheesy, but at least Hasbro is doing something for universe.

More serious than thou
Anonymous User
I've got an old Hasbro Toy Fair booth video from G2's introduction that's very similar, but put together with movie footage and G2 CGI. Seem's like they just recycled the the old video idea. Same cheezy 'recorded in the editing booth' voicer, too.
Well, it's more the badly-drawn with sharpie and airbrushed look of the artwork. Looks like something a highschool kid could have done.

More serious than thou
B00 Wrote:
> Anyone seen this yet? Transformers Universe. It's
> crappy and cheesy, but at least Hasbro is doing
> something for universe.

Hahaha. Funny that even this clip disregarded the "Nerf Gun" design of Megatron, when the clip was suppose to promote the toy line.
B00
Just nabbed the 25th anniversary Optimus Prime. Not the best re-issue out there, but it's an interesting piece for Prime fans.

> akum6n Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Finally opened up my JP ver. Powerglide
> tonight....and it's really not worth
> > the premium price.
>
>
> Damn, just got this myself. Thankfully, mine was
> pretty cheap, but that's pretty disheartening. I
> have a soft spot for A10s.
>
> Haven't opened mine yet, but I'll keep in mind the
> transformation sound fx...those batteries will be
> disposed of before any transforming gets done.

Well, fiddled around a bit more with it. The floppy arms and 'electronic features' are still there, but it's a nice looking toy overall. The jet mode is solid- in fact, I would say it is the stronger of the two modes.

Anonymous User
rainbow vomit
[www.toysdaily.com]
Boy, gotta say I'm glad I went with the US release of Powerglide. That bright red color scheme just doesn't work for me. He looks like Dracula in that ridiculous red leather outfit from Coppola's Dracula movie!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Well, they got it wrong - grey body, red arms? Silly...

More serious than thou
mpchi Wrote:
> B00 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anyone seen this yet? Transformers Universe.
> It's
> > crappy and cheesy, but at least Hasbro is doing
> > something for universe.
>
> Hahaha. Funny that even this clip disregarded the
> "Nerf Gun" design of Megatron, when the clip was
> suppose to promote the toy line.

I was hoping he was going to scan in a kid's nerf gun and then assume that ridiculous form... maybe in the follow up.

Also... soundwave, Rumble/Frenzy, Dirge?
Anonymous User
Wow. Those are some hefty man-b00bs Powerglide has there...
BOO, about that 25th anny. Prime you reviewed? I just saw a dozen of those in TRU, nice box and trailer color, but you were being generous with calling the cab "desaturated red".
The ones I saw were Rainbow Brite/Strawberry Shortimus Prime cake PINK! doh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer