encore and classics stuff

Posted by Runaphen 
Saw Silverbolt and Galvatron (picked up Galvatron) at TRU (a buck over every other store, of course) ... are they it for the new wave, or did the scalpers just beat me to it?
I think that Silverbolt, Galvatron and Acid Storm are the only new guys in the latest wave.
Ugh, Acid Storm... how about getting us Dirge, maybe, before a non-show character?

More serious than thou
Yeah, Acid Storm is about as appealing to me as acid reflux.
The idea is great, but the head is not so good (by which I mean...never mind, here's the pic):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2008 04:22PM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Head Kit.jpg (85.3 KB)
Oh wow...for some reason I thought they were going to fit behind the windshield. They look rather silly with the heads way up there. Cool idea though.
Man... what a waste.

More serious than thou
With the arms swung up, Ratchet actually looks okay. If there was no-hassle way to move the shoulder alignment up to the top of the Windshield, the figure would look great.

Right now, it just looks wrong. Like an Umpa loompa or TF with a pot belly.
B00

My Galvatron, what a womanly figure you have. How do keep in such great shape?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2008 03:04PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Decepti_moe.jpg (166.8 KB)
Poor Galvatron must be cursed. I have yet to see a single toy or sculpture of him that actually looks good. Even his G1 toy was something I didn't like. I remember being on the playground in 5th grade and my friend handing Galvy to me and I had absolutely no interest in playing with it. Could be because another friend was zooming his Jetfire around though.
What an awful face sculpt...

You know, though, I quite like the new Universe Galvatron. I just wish it was an Ultra.

More serious than thou
Ummmm...Unicron's planet mode mouth is basically pointed at Galvatron's crotch.

Great thinking there for all the slash fanfic writers.
B00
I was really shocked to find out that the sculpt way by Art Asylum. They usually have some great sculptors on their team. But this musta been an intern project.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2008 11:49PM by B00.
thomas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ummmm...Unicron's planet mode mouth is basically
> pointed at Galvatron's crotch.
>
Not only that, Unicron's 'mouth' looks kinda like...yeah...could have but some more color on it.

Hmm...I like this side-by-side line up.
[tformers.com]

McOptimus?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2008 09:04PM by RedAleseides.
Attachments:
open | download - McOptimus.JPG (98.8 KB)
Wow...that's just McAwful, McTerrible, McUgly, McEtc...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2008 01:54AM by eriku.
Anonymous User
I Fcukin' HATE these media-property bust sculptures. If you gonna go to that much effort, do the whole godd4mn figure. Paying that much money for HALF of something...
Yeah, I've got this latent hatred for busts of pop culture properties. A marble bust of Ceasar or something at an art gallery is one thing...but a shabby plastic bust of a sentient robot overlord is rather strange. Even more strange is the tiny 'collectible' busts by Gentle Giant that are about the size of a Star Wars figure cut off at the waist.

To each his own, but I don't see the appeal. Apparently a lot of people dig them though or they wouldn't still be making them.
Yeah, whatever the market will bear...

More serious than thou
Especially with Transformers, I think it's frustrating enough when they release transfomers that don't transform (I really need to sell my 'action' masters).

I guess people are buying these to 'tastefully' display in their home offices. Because their colleagues and clients will look more favorably upon their geeky hobby. Nothing beats an Ironhide paper weight.
B00
It wouldn't be so bad if the sculpts weren't such ass.

Hmmm, saw Silverbolt at Target the other day. Is it just me or is this about as dull a Transformer as Hasbro' put out in a long time? Could his robot mode be more generic looking?

More serious than thou
B00
I don't know why Silverbolt gets such high praise from so many fans, his transformation is less complicated than a legends class. I hate it that 25+ dollars only buys you a bigger, not necessarily more complex, transformer.

Though it's still pretty much the same robot-hanging-off-the-bottom-of-a-plane design that we've been getting since Darkwing or Breakwind or whatever the hell those powermaster jets were called.
B00
Here are some of the upcoming TF toys for universe line. Some animated too. Inferno has a bit of a G1 Prime feel. I hope Hound's face turns out a little better than whats shown.

Cyclonus and Inferno look cool though. Why are they showing Classics Starscream? Reissue?

Hound looks neat...I actually like how the head sculpt matches the G1 cartoon pretty well. Hopefully, it's just a bad photo. I just wish the green were darker (more military).
Are those Classics minibots? They look great, but there's already a classics Bumblebee, so I wonder if it's a different line or something.

I guess with animated Swindle coming out, there won't be a combined Bruticus in the animated series, huh?
>Are those Classics minibots? They look great, but there's already a classics Bumblebee, so I wonder if it's a different line or something.<

Yes, these are the Legends class.

I'm fucking excited for Cyclonus.

>I guess with animated Swindle coming out, there won't be a combined Bruticus in the animated series, huh?<

Between him and Universe Onslaught, no. Hasbro tends to abhor combiners now (although there's a rumor of a combiner for the 2009 movie).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
B00
There's also a Mini-bot/Legends Cosmos on the way, but it's not pictured with the rest of the new stuff. Hound also comes with a Cassette/legends Ravage. Also not pictured.

More serious than thou
Although Classics Cyclonus looks quite good in robot mode, the jet mode is ugly. The whole point of the original was that it was a sleek futuristic jet, not this...flying blobby thing.

Inferno...I hope it's just the picture, but damn his legs are short. Nice fire-truck mode.

Hound is okay.
More pics of the upcoming voyager Inferno.
Attachments:
open | download - 3q5q3wt6p.jpg (360.6 KB)
open | download - wetyweythp.jpg (216.7 KB)
open | download - attacygtrehp.jpg (182.1 KB)
B00 Wrote:
> There's also a Mini-bot/Legends Cosmos on the way,
> but it's not pictured with the rest of the new
> stuff. Hound also comes with a Cassette/legends
> Ravage. Also not pictured.

Ravage is pictured... he hanging out in the back of Hound's truck mode "disguised" as a humongous tape. Is that verified that they come together, or just speculation based on that pic?

Not sure why they'd eschew combiners, unless it's due to complexity. I think they should've at least investigated doing it, especially for the Classics/Universe line. I'd rather have that then electronics.

I've seen them at TRU, Target, and Walmart so far. TRU also has a buy 2 get 1 free deal on all deluxes (you can mix and match classics, movie, and animated if you want), and they had a ton of the Galvatron wave last I checked.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Why are
> they showing Classics Starscream? Reissue?

[tformers.com]

Good, I didn't like the grey one anyways.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hehe...yup! I realized after looking at the pics a little longer. It's interesting: the Henkei version is supposed to be G1 accurate...but this new Universe one is, too. The interesting part is that the new Universe one is different from the Henkei! It's nice that they dropped the stoopid chrome on the guns, but they also dropped a couple detail paint apps here and there.

Oh well...it'll still be MUCH cheaper than importing a Henkei!
Speaking of chrome, I'm really torn on Skyfire & Jetfire. The Classics paint just is wacky (as it is with many of the 1.0 line), the boosters are covered with black electrical tape deco. I won 1st place for best design the pinewood derby with that style of deco, but I was 9 working with a block of wood.

Whereas the Henkei is painted G1 style, with more white & a different canopy. Oh yeah, and chrome vernier/nozzles for the boosters. It's an eyesore, I'd be happy with a dark grey. The chrome actually makes it look cheaper, like the rip offs you find at the 99cents stores.

*sigh* I guess I could get one of each, swap boosters, paint red over the black deco and sell the Classics Jetfire body with Henkei boosters online.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wait--then why wouldn't you just acetone off the chrome from the henkei nozzles and repaint them grey??

Stupid.

;P
because that would be too simple. duh

More pics of Ravage & Hound:
[tformers.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2008 07:46PM by RedAleseides.
Sanjeev (Admin)
;)

Re: Ravage, what the fuck? It looks essentially the same as the G1; it just folds up differently. I figured they'd...y'know...actually upgrade him.

Well, it's tough to tell from the pic, but if his legs can splay out to the side to give him stability, I'll be happy. That's a feature I loved about Overkill.
B00
Just found SideSwipe, the new wave with IronHide and SilveStreak should be out now.

Click here to login

footer