Holy Grail - Gobotron Fortress

Posted by Lodan 
Burning my brain again.....
Does it Exist!?
Is it Real!?
Why does it Taunt Me So?!?!
I saw it once, in a blurry picture behind bigfoot, Nessy, and Elvis eating lunch togeather.
The Gobot fortress that looks vaugely like an AT-AT from Star Wars definitely exists. They are always trying to sell it at this local toy store but no one will ever guy it.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
The Gaurdian Command Center has never been an issue... The Fortress is what I an so many other people have been searching for hoping to find. The guy that runs the Super Toy Archive Swears he saw a Boxed one at a Toy Show in 1998...

Heres a pic of the Catalog

Okay, that picture has a zillion toys on it. Which one are you talking about?

-Ginrai
Obviously number 27, the one at the Very Top (looming over the rest like a mirage in the desert). The Command Center is number 26 at the Right and Thruster is number 28 at the Left.
Nemesis number 16 at the top right has also been in question in the past (however there is a Japanese Counterpart to it, Land Commander 5).

Here's another pic of it from the back of the Spacehawk Box (giving us yet more hope of it's existence):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2007 06:17AM by Lodan.
Yeah, never seen that anywhere but here. Good luck.

-Ginrai
Was this an original base or something that was from the Machine Robo line?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Vincent Z. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was this an original base or something that was
> from the Machine Robo line?

Original.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
I don't actually know, according to someone I talked to on the Yahoo Gobots Group there may be a Machine Robo version... Giving me a sense of hope (though its just a catalog pic):

Now if I could get a Translation and be able to look that up on some Japanese Sites I may get somewhere.... Could someone please check Yahoojp Auctions for me (since I can't type Japanese for proper search terms... All I can do is a Character map based on words I see ie ƒS[ƒ{ƒgƒƒ“EƒtƒH[ƒgƒŒƒX)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2007 01:18PM by Lodan.
And Dammit, after trying to search myself, I can't find anything no matter what I try... and found that translated, the title in green is basically Gobotoron Fortress!!!
Uh, that's a picture from the Machine Robo Wedge book, which incidentally also covers the foreign lines (very incompletely, I must say).

That pic comes from the Gobots section...draw your own conclusion.

The picture is a scan from an English language catalogue...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2007 12:51PM by thomas.
ARGHH!!!
AAARGHH!!!!!

---

Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, For You are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup!
Why does it taunt me so?

---

Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, For You are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup!
The links added to the last two posts aren't active on my end, was something added to the mix?

As to the Super Toy Archive article, I've been going to the Kane County (Illinois) Toy Show for the past twenty years and do not recall ever seeing this thing. I imagine it would be much larger of a box than the command center, and given that I frequent robot sellers, I would suggest somebody is confused as to what they saw.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer