U.S. release of MPC Starscream.

Posted by Vincent Z. 
Awesome.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Attachments:
open | download - 1180636617398.jpg (197 KB)
open | download - 1180636691013.jpg (169.2 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Is this legit?

There's no kibble shown in the robot mode pic... And the shitstains on the top of the jet mode are a little off-putting...

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
The hip attachments are removable for that Floro Dery accurate look.
Odd that they would colour the plane in anime colours but not the cockpit windshield - wasn't it yellow? Or are the going to copy the original toy colouring?
New pics. Really awesome. Yeah, the "dirt" is a bit much but it still looks nice.

Attachments:
open | download - 67591347c93105085467e95dt1.jpg (88.5 KB)
open | download - 67591347c1104099712467ebn3.jpg (65.3 KB)
open | download - 67591347c1926638468467emi0.jpg (74.6 KB)
open | download - 67591347c729890140467e9ep2.jpg (37.9 KB)
Part 2, robot mode.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2007 09:19AM by Vincent Z..
Attachments:
open | download - 67591347c588711188467e9an1.jpg (81.1 KB)
open | download - 67591347c1337057887467enb2.jpg (98.9 KB)
open | download - 67591347c1437165426467ejh0.jpg (101 KB)
open | download - 67591347c2109639786467ean7.jpg (90.7 KB)
Hooray for cheap looking colors and retarded shit stains.
Anonymous User
sad to see how awful this is looking.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Jesus. Well, the "right" color scheme definitely beats that silly dark blue on the Takara release...but the shit stains and miserably-executed panel lines are fucking absurd.

Oh well...who gives a fuck? I ain't buying any of these anyway! :P

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2008 04:35AM by japester.
Grrr... I actually like this mold, but no way will I buy it with those awful paint applications. Man, Hasbro REALLY can't do weathering well. Another example is the Classics Grimlock. Ugh, what a waste.
The all-black Skywarp is obviously the winner here.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Classics Starscream was Very well done compared to this...
Anonymous User
Wow... it actually looks sorta purrty in that box decked out in his G1 colors.
I trust the price will be significantly less than its Far East counter part.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Atom from CDX told me the other day that it was going to be around $50. If they considered releasing a version minus the shitstains, I might consider it. After seeing it in person at Botcon....with the shitstains....hell no.

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
There's apparently going to be some safety modifications for this release. Hopefully nothing major or anything, mind you I didn't make a big deal about the shorten stacks on Prime.

Vincent Z. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's apparently going to be some safety
> modifications for this release. Hopefully nothing
> major or anything, mind you I didn't make a big
> deal about the shorten stacks on Prime.

Like the nose cone being orange?
B00
I hope they improve the flip over wing joints, so there not so prone to breakage.

I have to say, I find the transformation vexing. I'm usually pretty good at following directions, but there are several steps that seem like they are out of order. I mean, pieces with tabs are being swung into place when the piece that locks over that tab is already secured. This happened a few times.

And the final fit (when in plane mode) had several sections that simply refused to snap in well (a bump behind the cockpit, the upper parts of the arms). I've seen online photos with exactly the same problems, so we're either all transforming it wrong, or there are some factory glitches floating around. I'll have to read up and see if there are some good hints in the original thread.

So he's not blowing me away just yet (the little TF Classics Starscream is still my favorite), but I'll give him another shot.

I'm also going to see if I can get rid of the weird coloring (nosecone, scorch marks) following the instructions I saw here.

I still can't believe our hobby has gotten to the point where we can find an incredibly complex Japanese toy being imported by **WAL-MART** as an exclusive....and for half the price.....cra-zeeee.....

Jape
Well, you're not alone - mine looks fantastic in robot mode and poses well, but the fit in the alt mode is lousy. Lots of tabs that don't quite sit where they should, lots of wide seams.

I haven't taken a close look to see, but I'm wondering if this may be a materials thing...perhaps they used a different plastic for some bits and the molding ended up a little off from the original.

It's a shame, really, because it's a nifty design and doesn't deserve to be diminished by fit-and-finish issues.
Anonymous User
Still trying to find this damn thing. Stupid scalpers.

-Ginrai
B00
I haven't seen them on the toy shelves in some time, I think they were more a Christmas item.

Once I heard that the toy was going to be a Walmart exclusive, I stopped caring to even want it since I knew that'd being a limited item like that would lead the only alternative to getting it at a scalped price.

Sanjeev (Admin)
Damn...a few months ago (I can't remember if it was before or after Christmas), you couldn't go to the toy section at a Wal Mart in the Boston area without tripping over these things.

I hadn't been for a while, but I went to one with BigD on a whim last Friday (really, on an Iron Man movie toy patrol!), and I didn't see a single one...
I was looking for it back before Christmas too and never saw it. I assumed it was swooped up by the marauding Christmas hordes and that it would be restocked after Christmas, but apparently not.

-Ginrai
Anonymous User
I considered picking one up, didn't look too hard, but never saw one either. (also in mass)
I was just coming over here to see if you guys knew about the coronation set. Just pre-ordered mine. What a fantastic idea!

Bummer that you guys couldn't find any. I thought everyone was all set, otherwise I would have posted when they put them for sale online back in January. Walmart had plenty left over, so I don't think it was scalpers. The online sale went on for a while, so its not like they had a small number. :-(

Maybe he'll come around again someday.

Jape
B00
Maybe Hasbro would be cool and make a run of Thundercracker or Skywarp.

-Ginrai
Man, this is really fucking depressing.
B00
I transformed mine for the first time in several weeks, and almost all the flip over wing hinges broke :( I thought the Hasbro Vr. Fixed that. Oh well.

-Ginrai
B00
That sucks. That's probly the most easily broken spot on the toy. Mine with stood at least 50 transformations before breaking. My Taka-Tomy one broke immediately.

B00
I got MP-03, and the US version and both broke at the flip over joint. I'm sure the JP ver. of the US ver. has the same problems as the other ones. The flip over joints are easy to break, they break if you go too slow, and they break if you go to fast. $99 is bit much I'd say (smallest MP, almost no diecast), $50 was perfect, given the ass weathering job. I guess it just depends on how bad you want it. It's a nice toy given the problems, but I'd never pay $99 for another one..You hear me Hasbro?! Thundercracker already!!

-Ginrai
I got Screamer's Coronation Set today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2008 11:34PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - DSC03173.JPG (211 KB)
open | download - DSC03174.JPG (209.9 KB)
open | download - DSC03179.JPG (237 KB)
open | download - DSC03180.JPG (188.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer