> Wow! I didn't even notice the difference at
> first...but now going back and forth, I actually
> think it's a fairly significant improvement! Nice
> job.

Scopedog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BOO, your Starscream looks awesome! I'm away from
> home this week, but as soon as I get home,
> Starscream is getting some plastic surgery.

Thanks guys! The mod is simple, but the plastic near his chest can be hard to cut.

As I was brushing my teeth this morning, getting ready to go to work, I heard the doorbell ring. Apparently, the mailman was on some shit--he never comes this early. What'd I get? Bad ol' Quintesson!!

I have it here at work. No camera--so I'll have to take some pics later tonight. First, the box is great. It names the product, "Quint-01" (it is, afterall, a bootleg in the same vein as the WST Dinobots). The company appears to be "Impossible Toys". The packaging style is very G1 TF-like. There's a cool purple gradient grid in the background of some nice artwork and it says, "Function: Judge" just like the "Function" listed on other G1 characters' boxes. On one side, there's a brief description of "a Quint", along with Tech Specs. Also, they name/identify each face: War, Wrath, Wisdom, Death, and Judgement.

The toy itself is about the size I pictured: the main body is about 3.5" tall, and the translucent stand adds another 3" when attached. It's fairly well-painted--no complaints so far. The tentacles are thin wires, so they can be bent into any position. The long, thin spikes on top are pretty much the only things that require assembly (other than the stand attaching to the bottom).

I haven't fired up the light-up feature yet...will certainly do so tonight and post more pics and other feedback based on closer scrutiny.

All in all, though, I think this guy's gonna look great with Unicron and Primus.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
B00
Sanjeev Wrote:

> I haven't fired up the light-up feature yet...will
> certainly do so tonight and post more pics and
> other feedback based on closer scrutiny.

I can't wait to see it, I might just cave and buy this too, my bills can wait another month.

First off, I'm LOVING the design. The faces are actually PVC and come off!! They pop off individually-shaped pegs on the body so each face has to go back on the same peg. *AND*, once the faces are all off, the egg-shaped body splits horizontally through the pegs! That's right: the faces actually *hold* the body together. When you separate the "egg" halves, you have access to the battery compartment. The toy comes with the required 2 CR2016 watch batteries. Once you install 'em and put the faces back on, you're ready to roll.

I still haven't put the spikes on yet, but I'll get to them eventually...I hope their absence doesn't detract too much from the pics ;)

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2007 12:10AM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - wrath.jpg (86.1 KB)
open | download - judgement.jpg (87.4 KB)
open | download - war.jpg (86.6 KB)
open | download - wisdom.jpg (85.8 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Here's the last face...along with a lights-on shot and some box shots:

(aiight, the glow in real life is MUCH more red...not as pink as in this pic)

(whoops...a little underexposed...and it's tough to read...)

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2007 12:15AM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - death.jpg (88.2 KB)
open | download - lights.jpg (73.2 KB)
open | download - box1.jpg (96.8 KB)
open | download - box2.jpg (74.6 KB)
B00
I gotta get me of those! It looks awesome!

> Jape, I hope you packed the squirrel with enough
> food to survive...this time...
>
> BOO, glad I could help bolster the economy!
> Surprised no one seems excited about the light-up
> Quintesson:
>
> [www.tfsource.com]
> G
>
> I saw this...and had a stroke.

So, man, what's your opinion of this guy TODAY???

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well...I haven't flipped him yet! :P
Anonymous User
Were you trying to?

We were actually working on one of these for the Palisades polystone Transformers line when the project was folded and the company sold. The base was going to light up as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2011 02:10PM by AcroRay.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Mmmm...I'm probably gonna hang on to him. Why? Are they hard to find now?
Anonymous User
Probably. I dunno if he's in much demand, though. If an item doesn't transform, Transformers fans don't seem that enamored.
They are available right now at BBTS. IT's why I was asking. I'll be honest and say they don't look all that fantasic to me, but I'm wondering if they come across nicer in person than via Youtube, etc.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Damn...those pics above are from '07...wow!

Anyway, I still have him (them?) on my shelf and they definitely look good...especially if you have other movie-related toys about (especially, in my case, the cartoon-color Galvatron reissue). But just keep in mind that there's basically NO play value at all. I normally hate statues, but in this case, it actually works nicely with other g1 toys.
Anonymous User
Sanjeev Wrote:
> But
> just keep in mind that there's basically NO play
> value at all. I normally hate statues, but in this
> case, it actually works nicely with other g1 toys.

I guess, unless they have moving mouths, bendy tentacles or a voice chip, there's not much for them to do except stand around & look creepy! :-D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer