Transformers movie gigantic superthread

Posted by asterphage 
Most likely.

More serious than thou
Don't kid yourselves, you'll all see the movie and probably buy some toys.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Be fair, Roger: Leader Prime was great. The rest...pass (for me, personally...I'm sure at least a couple others had redeeming value).

As for the movie, you won't find me anywhere near it. Hey, I'm a big Fantastic Four fan and I successfully avoided Cloud-actus. :P
I'll have NO trouble avoiding this sucker. Never again with I watch a Bay movie. What a shitty director.

More serious than thou
I don't believe you.
Fine.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
No, I don't believe YOU.
No, YOU, don't belive ME...er, what?

We're gonna have to tie sanjeev down to watch Speed Racer, Transformers, AND, Transformers 2....in one day...Mwahhahaha!
hey, check this stupid cool mold

[www.the-arker.com]

I might actually buy a movie TF if I see this thing in stores. I have trouble imagining the retail version will keep all those paint apps though. And it's scout size! Aren't those smaller than deluxe??
B00
Steam punk-ish. Very nice.

More serious than thou
B00
So looking forward to this. Bumble Bee is actually in scale this time! And he looks pretty good to. Almost an Alternator quality to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2009 04:22PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - NewBumbleBee.jpg (140.1 KB)
MSW
Runaphen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey, check this stupid cool mold
>
> [www.the-arker.com]
> 10&ID=168&page=1
>
> I might actually buy a movie TF if I see this
> thing in stores. I have trouble imagining the
> retail version will keep all those paint apps
> though. And it's scout size! Aren't those
> smaller than deluxe??

Holy crap! That is definetly on my must buy list! Pity its alt mode is just a messed up combination of biwing-ish bits and not represenative of a real WWI fighter...Might get several of em to customize into Sopwith Camels and Fokker D VIIs :D
Teaser trailer for Revenge is finally up this AM. On youtube HD it looks great. We'll see it during the superbowl, for sure.
Ravage is a cyclops?
Oh man, it's so goofy.
Attachments:
open | download - moviedevastator.jpg (152.4 KB)
It has little Voltron wings too.

Actually, I've been liking the individual Construticons (which are NOT the same toy as above). They're doing individual ones that transform into robots but most likely won't combine and the above which only combines.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Sheesh, that's ugly.
I dunno, it actually looks kind of cuddly with its tiny legs, lumpy torso/head and outstretched arms.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ever-so-slightly clearer pic at CDX:

I dunno...I'm willing to wait this thing out. I could prove to be fun if the individual robots are decently detailed (especially in vehicle mode), and the combined form is solid.

If that's the case, I willing to forgive the weird proportions.

But I don't get it: they're making big/deluxe versions of the individual robots...that don't combine??? What fucking good is that?

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Sanjeev Wrote:
> But I don't get it: they're making big/deluxe
> versions of the individual robots...that don't
> combine??? What fucking good is that?

They want you to buy both the full combiner set AND the individual figs? It sucks, but it's pretty obvious what they're after there...

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Bah.

And now that I see the horrendous pics of the individual robots...this thing can go fuck itself.

Serves me right for having hope...
Anonymous User
I hate Bay's Transformers.

Ick....
Completely and utterly lacking any soul at all.

More serious than thou
The only movie toys I bought were those real gear ones like the cell phone and MP3 player. They had a real Micro Change vibe to them and the robot form did not resemble the movie style at all.

It looks like they won't be doing those again so I'll be scrounging through them looking for the few remaining Animated toys.

Devastator looks worse than I imagined they would do, as does the big wheeled thing. His scary transformation is splitting in half, how very Pretender.
I purchased no movie toys last time around, and plan on maintaining that this time as well... I'll still see RotF out of morbid curiosity, but honestly this one seems to be going to hell even faster than the first did. Such a tragedy. Devestator is unbelievable... how did someone OK that design or toy?

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Oh god why...
Attachments:
open | download - kawaii.jpg (128.3 KB)
Anonymous User
VF5SS Wrote:
> Oh god why...

So I guess he has a standing and "Hulk" mode? Might explain the wacky proportions of the display toy.

Sort of reminds me of Onslaught from X-Men.
No that's just the little kids version of the toy. Am I the only one who sees the weird disconnect between the shredded metal killbots from the movie and Hasbro's unabashed attempt to market them to five year olds?
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm vastly more offended at the format of the "grown-up" versions of Devastator. So...this is all probably old news to you guys, but since I don't go to TF sites, I got the real deal from Atom and JoshB, who met with Hasbro at Toyfair earlier this week.

So, the individual parts of the combining Devastator below DO transform...but just into their vehicle modes. So...you get something, again, like Golion: hopefully detailed construction vehicles that change a bit to form parts to a giant robot.

The other ones are "Voyager class"...like that fucking means anything. I guess...they're bigger. They transform from the vehicle mode to their "robot" modes, but NOT into a combining form. Useless. And have you seen these "robot" modes??? Holy hell, what the pig-fuck is this?!?

With robots like that, I'll take the combiner. I know, I know...again with the hope... I may sound like a sucker, but there's no fee involved in having hope. ...Just the potential for disappointment.

But I ain't spending dime one on the combiner unless the individual construction vehicles look good (I'm a sucker for realistic construction vehicle toys).

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
More Michael Bay bullshit.

More serious than thou
B00
If Devastator were deluxe/voyager sized and the construticon vehicles were legends size, I'd be all over this. But as big as Devastator is and as shitty as the toy looks, I can't justify the $100. Not when there are much more deserving toys out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 02:35PM by B00.
Wait, that's the grown-up version of Devastator? he still looks like SD Devastator...
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm sure the designers wanted the toy to be cuddly-wuddly...to match how he looks in the movie, of course...
B00
Will we see a plush version soon "Suggle-Stator"? Squeeze him to hear him say, "I wuv destruction"!

CRAB PEOPLE, CRAB PEOPLE! WALKS LIKE CRAB, TALKS LIKE PEOPLE!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Anonymous User
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Holy hell, what the pig-fuck is this?!?
>
> [www.siebertron.com]
> 30.jpg
>

The Transformers landed on Altair IV, and one of 'em transformed into Dr. Morbius' id monster?

What a load of crap.

And now, of course, there are rumors TFA has been canceled for the BayFormer toys. Hasbro's seasonal 'reset'.

Fehghk...
Sanjeev (Admin)
AcroRay Wrote:
> The Transformers landed on Altair IV, and one of
> 'em transformed into Dr. Morbius' id monster?

Hahaha....took me a second...

=D
Anonymous User
VF5SS Wrote:
> No that's just the little kids version of the toy.
> Am I the only one who sees the weird disconnect
> between the shredded metal killbots from the movie
> and Hasbro's unabashed attempt to market them to
> five year olds?

Actually if you look at the torso, it seems like it rotates forward to expose that green circle turbine thing.

Not that the whole thing isn't awful, which it is. It's kind of ridiculous to charge $100 for a kid's toy where the individual limbs only change from vehicles to assorted body parts. Real shitty play value there. Oh boy! Can I play with shovel-arm this time?
MSW
I don't think they could make each of Devastator's body parts transform into both robots AND vehicals. Looks to be borderline impossible, especialy if Devastator is expected to be a solid enough toy to play with.
They could probably do it if they had another year, but imagine the incredibly short time span that they have to get these products from the drawing board to the toy shelves. Corners have to be cut somewhere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer