Transformers movie gigantic superthread

Posted by asterphage 
Transformers 2 Writers Confirmed
Source: The Hollywood Reporter October 4, 2007

Screenwriter Ehren Kruger and the writing team of Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are in talks to team to write the screenplay for DreamWorks/Paramount's Transformers 2, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Director Michael Bay, star Shia LaBeouf and producers Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Don Murphy are back in their respective chairs, as is executive producer Steven Spielberg.

The trade adds that the teaming of A-listers to write such a huge project might be an industry first and could have been necessary because Kurtzman and Orci -- who wrote first movie -- also are busy writing J.J. Abrams' Star Trek movie for Paramount and producing Eagle Eye for DreamWorks.

The three writers are also working together on Nightlife, a DreamWorks serial-killer project that sees Kruger adapting a Thomas Perry novel, with Kurtzman and Orci producing along with Neal Moritz. Kruger also adapted the Stephen King novel "The Talisman," which Spielberg is exec producing for TNT.

Kruger met with Bay and Hasbro president Brian Goldner and impressed the duo with his knowledge of the "Transformers" mythology.
BASTARDS! SCREWED AGAIN!!!

Why didn't they hire me? I even sent them a signed copy of my Beast Machines fanfic to show them how good of a writer I am.
I hope the next movie features an even bigger cast and will be over three hours log just to contain all the deep and interesting plot points.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Transformers 2: Now with more racism!
That is whack, yo.
Yes, please. I want to see a Transformer who's a clone of Optimus Prime with a Chinese accent.
SORRY ROGAH' YOU TIGAH' NOW
I want Rodimus Prime to be in it. Fuck Optimus, his time is passed.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I want Trailbreaker....with a thick sambo accent. Instead of break-dancing, he can shuck & jive while transforming!

C'mon...can we come up with more?

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Picked up Leader Brawl today. Fucking GET HIM. So cool. A little hard to pose, and the sounds go off like crazy, but he has a ton of articulation points and little mechy weapons all over him. The two-part sliding guns on the right arm are especially fun.
Sanjeev (Admin)
HA!!!

Y'know, the ironic thing is that that ap IS racist!!! Hahahha!!

I just spent a few minutes playing with it and it only recognizes "standard American" names! I ran through it a few times, trying different permutations of my friends' names, Lauren and Santiago. The system simply refused to acknowledge Santiago in any role...oh, but Lauren was perfectly fine in each case! ;)

Sweet. Optimus Prime's a bigot!

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
[www.tfw2005.com]

High Priest Soundwave?
Finally got a Deluxe Barricade! A bit late in the game, but got lucky and saw the only one left in local Walmart still in the box case. Has some scratches on car panel, but guess I'll have to live with that as I haven't seen this guy since June.

Got similar issues as people mentioned: Loose ankles, punch gimmick too easily triggered without pressing the button, a bit hard to stand due to the odd angles of the leg joints & not very leveled feet.

But I turned out liking it more than I've expected. And surprisingly, the ratchets on this little guy is spring loaded that has a nicer 'click' compare to lets say Ironhide's, which are just grooved plastic rubbing plastic (wears off quick). And I like how the double jointed hips let you pose him in a less 'squashed' stance and stands taller, while the shoulders let you swing the arms forward and backward a bit on posing. Love the additional ball joint on the shoulder/wheel panel, letting you move that panel around for different look. Not to mention a very nice car mode(though plastic, paint & finish sucks...but good enough for a $10 toy), and a nice Frenzy accessory. Even got hidden spikes on the feet.

With some fixes on a couple loose joints, this guy can be a pretty nice figure with some nice features. Too bad the articulation is not ideal.
B00
My Barricade is covered with little scratches. It's the same way with a lot of my Alternator's. :(

You can push the two halves of the hood under his neck, and make his upper body a little more lean. It will leave some scratches, but mines so scratched it makes no difference.

> My Barricade is covered with little scratches.
> It's the same way with a lot of my Alternator's.
> :(
>
> You can push the two halves of the hood under his
> neck, and make his upper body a little more lean.
> It will leave some scratches, but mines so
> scratched it makes no difference.

I used the exact same trick & has the same mentality on the scratches. LOL

I also got lucky and finally score the 08 Bumblebee, as well as the 2 pack Target set (confirming that 08 Bumblebee does exist & not an internet urban legend...), both the last one at the Target I went. After played with the yellow guy a bit, I have to admit its the most impressive $10 TF I've ever come across. Barricade was pretty nice I thought a couple days ago. Then this new Bumblebee is like a totally different caliber. Automorph on legs and chest and gun. Sculpted detail way more than Barricade. Good joints all around (minus the missing ankle ball joint & the loose hip ball joints). If only Takara/Hasbro could put this much love on other Deluxes.
Aww...Jazz...

...how I've been so wrong about you.

Deluxe Movie Jazz used to be one of my least favorite Movie character toy, and I am pretty dead on not getting it. He's fat, got bunny ears, plain, and the dull grey plastic didn't help one bit. The Solstice isn't someting I like much. When I saw the Final Battle Jazz packaged in robot mode, I wasn't convinced one bit either. Saw Target's G1 deco, passed as well. But now that I've seen the movie on DVD, and look back at my collection, he is the only one thats missing from the Autobots. So I thought what the heck, knowing there is one nearby Walmart that still have quite a few of him. I decided to get him, sort of a "might as well" purchase. Who would have thought, I like him almost as much as my 08 Bumblebee...after a paint job.

Most of you already know what Jazz has to offer, so I won't go into details. While his articulation is limited, and don't quite like his gun's look & being an add on piece, I love the figure's sturdiness & balance. He stands really well, which is always something I look for in a figure. And I always lift up his shoulders to help him look a few pounds less. Love his clear visor, the only movie toy I have that actually works well with the light effect through it. But man, was I surprised by the sculpted details on this guy, especially on the neck/shoulder areas, inner torso, inner car panels, and the legs. Most of them you won't see as much normally, but once painted a wash, they pop right out. Level of detail is on par with 08 Bumblebee, and significantly more than the likes of Barricade (his legs are awfully simple). And a gloss clear coat really help the dull plastic no longer look so dull. Quite amazingly, this Jazz that I thought I would never get, now became my second favorite movie Deluxe. Guess Jazz just need to be 'jazzed up' a bit. Sweet little figure for $9.99 & a few hours of work. ;)

Now that they are all here, its time for "Autobots! Roll out!!!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2007 05:02AM by mpchi.
B00
Nice look'n TF crew.

The new Allspark Powered line is out, I snagged Landmine today. It's a nice little transformer, it even has spring loaded shocks like MP-01, and BT Hound. Most of the line is just repaints, so I passed on Cliffjumper (new-camaro Bumblebee repaint) and Camshaft (Swindle repaint). I didn't find Incinerator, or Stockade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2007 07:27PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - ASP_LandMine.jpg (357.8 KB)
B00
Just found Incinerator, and Stockade. Neither one is really awesome. Incinerator is the better of the two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2008 03:55PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - alt.jpg (399.4 KB)
open | download - robo.jpg (407.5 KB)
B00
New premium Optimus Prime to have G1 transforming sound effect. The sword looks cool too.

Yeah Incinerator and Stockade both lack a great deal of appeal. Too much of Incinerator was sacrificed for the spinning prop-hands gimmick. I hate it when a toy suffers because of a gimmick. Blackout was a like that. I could do without the spinning rotor, if it meant the robot mode could look better, and didn't have half a helicopter hanging off his back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2008 10:54PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - prem_Iron.jpg (432.7 KB)
It's still black, just now with glossy paint, or is the silly blue one?
B00
It's Black, and it's darker than the original one too.

I thought the G1 transformation sound effect would be awesome, but it really didn't live up to my expectations. They cut holes in the top of the truck to accommodate the new head sculpt. The sculpt is ok, it's not better or worse than the original. The sword rocks! The added silver paint apps look nice, but the stacks still alternate silver paint, and grey plastic.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2008 02:51PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Prime_1.jpg (399.5 KB)
open | download - Prime_2.jpg (452.4 KB)
open | download - head.jpg (468 KB)
The new head looks a little better but really the old head was fine. If they really wanted to improve it, it should have been a ball jointed neck (although I realize that they couldn't due to the light up eyes).

The Japanese version of the Premium will have chromed parts. I'm not sure if it's an improvement or makes it come off like a bootleg.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2008 06:44PM by Vincent Z..
B00
The new head looks fine from the front, but the side view is kinda ugly. Meijer seems to be the only place I can find the premium leader class. Megatron looks ok, not great, but it's an improvment. I still passed, he's a weak toy.

and here is my own version...

with OP voyager first Strike..

with regular OP voyager

with premium barricade:

I was able to get Premium ironhide and premium barricade...

JOHN
B00
Nice. Is that premium Jazz as well? I just snagged a PR-Barricade, mine has super loose hip joints, it can hardly stand up.

regular ratchet, OP and bumblebee...

Yup the premium barricade has loose ankles and other joints... but i just put some tissue... i figured most of them (the premium barricades) will be like that...

JOHN
B00
I picked up a Mutt Williams figure, it's a pretty good likeness of Shia LaBeouf (for a 3 1/2" figure). So made a little paper all-spark, the scale is way off but it seems to add a completeness to my TF movie collection.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2008 11:24PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Sam.jpg (426.3 KB)
open | download - all_spark.jpg (257 KB)
B00
Burning hemorrhoid Megatron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2008 02:42PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Burning_Hemroid_Megatron.jpg (112.3 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
that give my eyes hemorrhoids
B00 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Burning hemorrhoid Megatron.
>
> [toyboxdx.com]

WTF???

More serious than thou
B00
It's an up coming re-piant. Not sure if it's from the 2nd movie line or Universe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 12:41AM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - SoundWaveDX.jpg (19.9 KB)
I'm confident that the second movie will be as shitty as the first.
Anonymous User
Nah - I think it'll be even 5hittier...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer