Transformers movie gigantic superthread

Posted by asterphage 
Hmmn. Well on the one hand I like them for being different and original (very alien). On the other hand, I still can't for the life of me see that as Starscream, although I was a fan of the Transtech designs and that's what these remind me of. I do appreciate how complex these are.

Would have it been fine to just have them look like the way Alt/BT's do? I can tell you now, this is going to piss off alot of longtime hardcore fans who are adverse to change.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2006 07:43AM by Vincent Z..
For me, it's not so much that I don't like change as it is the fact that these just don't look aesthetically pleasing to me. For the most part they just look like a big jumble of scrap in bot mode. It's actually fairly inconcieveable to me that so much random scrap can hold a cohesive and real world vehicle mode.

Who's willing to take the bet that when the toy line comes out for this movie that the toys will look completely fucking different than the movie versions of them. Thus another thread of angry wtf posts.

Personally. The only thing holding my interest in this movie is the fact the both the original voice actors for Optiums Prime and Megatron are in the flick. That and maybe to hear the TF theme song on the big screen will be my other geek out moment..
B00
Too bad that the blackout toy isn't as impressive as the CG model. I know they can't make them "perfect", but I hope they don't make them too simple. Look at the tail rotor on the toy, you can't see that on the CG robot mode. I just hope Hasbro really puts some effort into these toys.

Attachments:
open | download - That's Starscream? update.jpg (438.9 KB)
I actually like the Starscream...it's like a weird, twisted version of him, as if he's the bastard offspring of BeastWars 2 Starscream and BB.

Blackout looks like a giant shellformer to me.

The rest...eh...

Megatron revealed...

[aint-it-cool-news.com]

So.... Um... 'bout that new upcoming.. Thundercats Cartoon w/ Snarf as the leader...

Ya... I'm gonna go lay down now
Here are the pics of Snarf...
Attachments:
open | download - megatronhead.jpg (64.1 KB)
open | download - megatronhead2.jpg (47.3 KB)
open | download - megatron2.jpg (74.7 KB)
open | download - megatron1.jpg (75.1 KB)
B00
It's some very nice artwork, but I don't really see "Megatron" in that design.

Ahahaha. Oh man. I hope the TF movie is like Krull.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
And no sooner do I post the pics... than the site I snag them from pulls them down. Is it Megatron?? Who knows.
Zuh!? Cool design but there's like 0% of any familiarity to any previous Megatron designs.

Well, he kinda looks like Megatron... after being poored over with glue and rolled through a pile of broken glass. It's not even not Megatron, it's not even remotely transformer-like, or cool for that matter. It's just random bits stuck together in a roughly humanoid shape. You know, somehow I'm hoping that all those leaked images are actually to put everyone on the wrong track, and then when the movie comes out, we suddenly see actual really cool transformer-like robots. At least that's what I keep hoping to stay positive. I don't mind them taking a new direction, but at least make something that can be recognized as transformerish, and concentrate on making them look cool, because this ain't it.

--
Jeroen Zuiderwijk
The Pre Transformer Page: [1501bc.com]
Zoids site: [members.lycos.nl]
> You know, somehow I'm hoping that all those leaked images are actually to put everyone on the wrong track, and then when the movie comes out, we suddenly see actual really cool transformer-like robots.<

This might be truer then we know.

YEAH!- Optimus Prime's a truck!
Boooo- Optimus Prime's not the truck we remember from the show...

YEAH!- Original voice actors are voicing the movie!
Boooo- Important main characters are left out of the supposed true 'bots list...

YEAH!- Designs for the 'bot have been revealed!
Boooo- Optimus Prime has flames!?!?!?!?! wtf
Boooo- Who the hell is Barricade and Blackout anyway!?!?!?
Boooo- Why does the "supposed Megatron" look like an angry boil movement?

Next they'll replace Teletran 1 (Autobot computer) w/ the latest version of Windows complete w/ iTunes compatible software for the robots in disguise to beat box to..

[www.youtube.com]

Ugh...
B00
BigD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Next they'll replace Teletran 1 (Autobot computer)
> w/ the latest version of Windows complete w/
> iTunes compatible software for the robots in
> disguise to beat box to..

Don't give them ideas, they might turn Soundwave into an ipod!

Anyway, yeah, that's terrible. It looks so...what you'd expect from Hollywood. Oh well. If this is for real, I'm hoping he only looks like that for a few minutes of the movie...before he gets "reformatted".

Oh, flames on Prime=suck. However, flame on Prime > monkey Prime.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
So then Megatron has boils on his bowel movements.
I really hate all of the bot designs so far. And it bugs me that there seem to be a lot of people who think that it's "fanboy whining" to complain about such drastic changes in design. Why should that be so? Why shouldn't people who like Transformers be turned off by designs that don't look even remotely like Transformers? I mean, what if they would have used an egg-beater with a cape for Superman in the latest movie, should that be acceptable too? Jesus, it's not like I'm asking for exact G1 conversion or anything, just bots that actully look like a vehicle that morphed into a car, and not freaking Sauron crossed with a Bionicle.

From what we've seen so far, the only thing relating this upcoming Bay ejaculation to Transformers is the word Transformers and a few names. Other than that it might as well be any other random crappy sci-fi movie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2006 05:15PM by eriku.
> it bugs me that there seem to be a lot of people
> who think that it's "fanboy whining" to complain
> about such drastic changes in design. Why should
> that be so?

Because of precedent. Transformers fandom is the boy who cried wolf- they whine and bitch no matter WHAT new thing it is. Considering how much of the Transformers property today caters to fan interests - and how much it's increased since any time in the 90s - it ends up giving the impression that TF fans as a whole are ungrateful, and unable to ignore or get past the parts of the property they dislike.

-Paul Segal

Remember something, many people HATED Beast Wars when it first came out just because of the bold change in design, then they watched the show and almost everyone chanced their stance since the show was "gasp" actually good.

The lesson: people may be bitching now, but the movie could kick ass and thus will change their minds about the designs.

Certainly a step in the right direction compared to Kissplayer.

I don't like Transformers and I think these movie designs are awful, but please, really?

[www.petitiononline.com]
They're transfans.. what do you expect?
WILL

NOT

ACCEPT

NOT A REMOLD
Shag, you need a gigantic sig with more text than your actual post.
From tfw2005

So exactly how big are these robots? Michael Bay gave us the rundown on some of the robots:

Jazz : 13 feet tall = 3.96 Meters
Bumblebee: 17 feet tall = 5.2 Meters
Ratchet: 24 feet tall = 7.3 Meters
Iron Hide: 26 feet tall = 7.9 Meters
Optimus Prime: 28 feet tall = 8.53 Meters
Megatron: 34 feet tall = 10.36 Meters

JAZZ is the SMALLEST?!?!?
Yeah, that's totally bullshit. Start a petition!
Close up shots of Bumblebee's face,
Close up of O.Prime's arm and obscured face shot.
Attachments:
open | download - optarm.jpg (51 KB)
open | download - bumbleface.jpg (46.8 KB)
open | download - optface.jpg (7.1 KB)
B00
Man! Bumblebee has that, "Prime beats me, a lot!" look to his face.

Shrimp Scampi reminds you of Den'an Zon.
Video footage supposedly of Jazz and Ratchet in vehicle modes.

[us.video.aol.com]

Can someone please tell me what kinda car Jazz is... cause that AIN'T a Porche and I think Ratchet's a Hummer.
Per tformers.com

[www.tformers.com]

Jazz is a Pontiac Solstice
> Shrimp Scampi reminds you of Den'an Zon.

Den'an Zon reminds me of the Jigoku no Banken movies.

edit:
> Can someone please tell me what kinda car Jazz
> is... cause that AIN'T a Porche

I doubt it's ever going to be a Porsche. Porsche is a part owner of Volkswagen, and it seems that, like VW, they don't want to license their cars to a company that will turn them into violent space robots.

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2006 05:34PM by asterphage.

MoFo Prime!

Attachments:
open | download - Movie Prime.jpg (254.3 KB)
If Prime looks ANYTHING like that in toy form, it should be awesome.

-Paul Segal

Prime and the helicopter are the only two I like right now. Megatron looks like he came from that one Transformer-like line with Dinosaurs and a dragon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2006 08:19PM by Sachiel.
"Clear" pictures of Movie Prime

Looks like he will have a mouth and be depressed too
Attachments:
open | download - Prime 1.jpg (53.7 KB)
open | download - Prime 2.jpg (50.8 KB)
open | download - Prime 3.jpg (10.6 KB)
> Looks like he will have a mouth and be depressed
> too

Sweet. I actually really like the general portion of his body, with the clear distinctions between the car-shell parts and the alien mechanical parts. Starscream has a decent balance, and Bumblebee is good, but on Megatron you can't tell when the altmode ends and the robot begins. It just occured to me that Megatron could be a Rock Lord.

-Paul Segal

jamtoy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Clear" pictures of Movie Prime
>
> Looks like he will have a mouth and be depressed
> too

So will a lot of Transfans.

It looks as if a big metal tree was grown inside a tractor trailer, and bits of the truck are embedded in the trunk.

Megatron looks like someone one of those desk toys that has like 1,000 little flat metal diamonds with a magnetic base, and made a humanoid figure out of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer