Transformers movie gigantic superthread

Posted by asterphage 
ICECREAM!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Attachments:
open | download - 1241848131817.jpg (57.7 KB)
open | download - 1241848173497.jpg (73 KB)
If ONLY it didn't have that STUPID head! God! Otherwise this is the sort of TF I've wanted for years!

More serious than thou
Tiny Devastator that does combine and the robots transform.
Attachments:
open | download - tinydev.jpg (79.6 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wait--seven robots make up Devastator!?
Eight.

But Devastator has usually done its thing by the time Crawler shows up.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Runaphen, where did you hear 8? That fancy-schmancy supreme version looks like 6.
I meant ten. I forgot Piledriver and Articulated-lorry.
B00
Wow, the little Devastator looks better than the huge one. I'm so getting this thing.

-------------------------------------------------------
> I meant ten. I forgot Piledriver and
> Articulated-lorry.

:P
I've never seen Bayformers nor do I intend to ever see Revenge of the Bayformers nor have I ever bought a Bayformer, but I'm excited about these two:

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2009 08:43PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - gxK_Pq9-ec2f897519744d705ccd7ecebbc4b22a__scaled_1200.jpg (119.2 KB)
open | download - gxL1VCJ-ec2f897519744d705ccd7ecebbc4b22a__scaled_1200.jpg (153.7 KB)
[www.actoys.net]

the $100 dollar one only combines

this one does both for less

green teeth :D
Great Prime toy. More detail and accurate than the old one, but not perfect with some flaws (swords in the way & transformation can be frustrating at some parts) and issues (weird red color bits on neck, back shoulder, toes). ROTF Prime is less stable as previous Prime due to the ankle balljoint not as tight, tend to lean forward or backward sometimes. Didn't wow me as much as the Takara MA-21 did back then, but there are improvements everywhere on a lot of stuff. Probably the best ROTF toy still.

Touched mine up a little, but probably not going to paint him up completely like I did with the older ones. Want to keep him more playable and not worry much about scratching paint.

Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, it looks like there are technically SEVEN Constructicons in the movie...because of late Bay changes to the flick after the toy design had already been frozen. The Supreme Devastator will only have SIX Constructicons. Boxed pics here.

And I'm not sure if it was mentioned here or not, but the new Megatron is a tank, and he actually looks kinda neat. Much better than that...jet?...from the last movie. Too bad the tank treads don't work. :/

And lastly, I think I'm falling in love with these stupid Gravity Bots. Cheap, simple, and unpretentiously fun. Go, Hasbro.
MSW
Yeah, those gravity bots are really cool :) And that "microbot" Devastator is pretty sweat...I've been more impressed with most of the small legends class movie figures anyway (except legends starscream :P ). Small, simple, it doesn't take 10 minutes to transform them and they have zero problems standing at attention for weeks on end...They arn't really screen accurite, but that isn't such a BAD THING(TM) is it?
I'm starting to want Soundwave but I hear the hips are loose. Anyone find one yet?

B00
Just got back from a local wallmart, apparently they decided to do a midnight release.

I picked up a Soundwave this morning at Target, though I haven't opened him yet. Also picked up the autobot jet and the decepticon dump truck. It looks like they learned their lesson, maybe a little too well from last time... there were something like 20+ Bumblebees, 5 Soundwaves, and about one each of the rest, which I picked up save for the recolors.

They also had the voyager class ones, but nothing really caught my eye. Starscream looked like a recolor, and I'm not sure how different Ironhide is, but unless he's a brand new sculpt I'm not getting stuck with that same lame design.

Leader class was one each of Optimus with his swords and Megatron tank. Not sure what the assortment was like before the Los Angeles-area scalpers got through there, though.

Curiously, they increased the price of Animated Deluxe TFs to 14 bucks, but these were still 11 and change.
Starscream is a an entirely new mold.

Apparently there's going to be a a leader class version of him.

B00
Yeah, I got SS last night. So much better than the first one. This one has hands!

> Great Prime toy. More detail and accurate than the
> old one, but not perfect with some flaws (swords
> in the way & transformation can be frustrating at
> some parts) and issues (weird red color bits on
> neck, back shoulder, toes). ROTF Prime is less
> stable as previous Prime due to the ankle
> balljoint not as tight, tend to lean forward or
> backward sometimes. Didn't wow me as much as the
> Takara MA-21 did back then, but there are
> improvements everywhere on a lot of stuff.
> Probably the best ROTF toy still.

I just got mine (Leader Prime). I agree wiht completely, this thing is amazing. It's the first time a leader class toy has really felt worth the cost. The hood doesn't have those miss-colored hinges, and the exhaust pipe aren't split up into several pieces for the arm transformation. If you only get one ROTF this is it.

oops, sorry for the double post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2009 12:22AM by B00.
MSW
Hit the local Walmart this morning, they had most everything but Legends class and gravity bots :(

Got the three scout class figures I wanted, Ransack, Dead End, and Deapthcharge...Kinda a suprise as I thought the biplane and boat were to have been wave two figures. Its early yet, and only been to one store but they had three pegs filled with Ransack and only two pegs filled with the other scouts...makes it look like Ransack is going to be a pegwarmer :(

Still might get Roll Bar, If I find him, perfect for a repaint as the Partrige family bus :D
Darnit, all the praise for the new leader prime made me go search him out and pick him up... I remember how hard it was to find the older Movie Leader Prime after the movie came out. Still haven't opened him, though. No gun, right?

So Starscream is a new mold? He looks almost exactly like the old mold, and his overall design doesn't impress me enough to own two versions of him... that said, how is he?

I opened Breakaway and Ransack, and I have to say, Ransack is my favorite so far. Not sure why they equate him being an older style airplane to him being one of the first Decepticons to be able to fly, but oh well.

Breakaway is ok, and I kinda like that his head is in his chest, but he has a bunch of joints for seemingly no reason...
B00
fujishig
So Starscream is a new mold? He looks almost exactly like the old mold, and his overall design doesn't impress me enough to own two versions of him... that said, how is he?

He's cool. The transformation is nothing like the old one. This actually look like a jet this time, and he has hands. I'll try and poop out a review of him in the next day or two.

I got Ransack Such a cool little TF. I'm glad the scouts are back.

Wow, that Ransack *is* pretty groovy. I really like the design and how different it is compared to the other movie crap. The only problem is the size/quality. I appreciate the design, but I'd rather pay an extra $20 or so for him if he were made as a Leader or...uh...whatever fucking "class" is under Leader.

I just don't have enough room in my house for any more toy crack.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Wow, that Ransack *is* pretty groovy. I really
> like the design and how different it is compared
> to the other movie crap. The only problem is the
> size/quality. I appreciate the design, but I'd
> rather pay an extra $20 or so for him if he were
> made as a Leader or...uh...whatever fucking
> "class" is under Leader.
>
> I just don't have enough room in my house for any
> more toy crack.

But it's tiny toy crack... you don't have enough room for him?

I have to say, I think I like the scout class way more than the rest of the movie line. I opened Deluxe Rampage yesterday... not only is it missing the majority of the paint apps from the card photos (which I guess is normal, but man does it look significantly worse, and doesn't even have the Decepticon symbol), but you can't tell that there's a ton of kibble on the back of his robot mode, and that he's a four-legged robot. These deluxes don't combine into Devastator or anything, right? Then why does he look so terrible in robot mode?
fujishig Wrote:
> These deluxes don't combine into Devastator or anything,
> right? Then why does he look so terrible in robot
> mode?

Cause Hasbro publicly says that they can't do any better. :) They purposely discarded the ability to combine, so the deluxes and voyagers would be better stand alone toys. And this is what they mean by 'better'. Haha.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Don't get me wrong: I respect the crack. I just think that something that small and that shelf-unworthy would get lost in the flotsam of my apt. It's not like a small Popinica that gets a special spot in the display case or shelf...

I hate to say it, but size matters to me. Like, I'm actually looking at a reviews of Leader Megs. Interesting-looking tank and a shooty main gun? Shee-it.
B00
Sideways and Depthcharge. I'm love'n the new line.

More goodstuff, Sideswipe and Deadend.

Raking from best to worst.

Wheelie-Get him, get him now. Beside the bizarre design that surprisely works, it's neat that such a large figure can turn into a tiny monster truck that's almost scout class.

Sideswipe-Other that the fact he can't stand up due to the feet design, everything else about him is neat. I love the intricate hip design.

Bumblebee-This is the preview version with the cannon arm(I never got any of the previous ones of the mold). Pretty good figure although the waist ball joint is too loose to support itself and the torso is hard to get all the way down.

Sideways-Decent figure. The feet are too small to support the weight of itself. Definitely evil looking.

Rampage-Could have been a lot better. For one thing, the arms have no elbow and the knees have this weird spring in them that prevents them from bending all the way back the way it should. The hips are on a single bar so you can't bend one hip without the other (what is this, the 80's?). I'm sure it'll grow on me since there's potential for fan modes that I've been seeing pics of.

Chromia-Great bike mode. Perfect scale for a figma. Robot mode is totally WTF were they thinking. The cannon arm is too large and it makes the arm sag. Probably the biggest annoyance is that the two halves that make the torso don't connect very well. More of a display type of figure than for playing. One neat thing is that in the cannon arm, there's a mechanism that sides in and out when the elbow is moved.

I didn't see Soundwave nor Mixmaster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 06:38PM by Vincent Z..
B00
I have mixed feelings about Rampage, I wanna like, but I don't wanna like it.

Plus, it's very easy to make him look like he's a rampaging, flailing, madrobot.

[toyboxdx.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 10:37AM by Hellequin.
Attachments:
open | download - Rampage.jpg (162.2 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hellequin, gods bless you for loving that thing....but, man...

With Constructicon robot modes this fucking awful, I don't think it's gonna matter one damn bit that the Supreme Devastator's components don't transform...

Actually...now that I look back, the green off-highway dump truck Scopedog posted above isn't too bad. But still...
Yeah, Long Haul looks OK. The others in this series, including the Chromia bike, look FAR too much like Beast Machines characters for my taste. I'm pretty much finding that I do like some of the weird robots in this line. Skids, for example, and Mudflap. I probably will be getting the toaster that transforms. Hell, it's a TOASTER that transforms! I'll be getting the ice cream truck as well (looks like it's actually Skids and Mudflap in one vehicle as far as I can tell). But the rest... nah.

More serious than thou
Rampage is surprisingly awesome. He lacks a bit of articulation in the arms but the aesthetic is really neat. Spider dozer! He's also got a bit of Belmont going for him with the whippy arms. His transformation is fairly fun too.

Sideways is really really cool. Very sleek solid vehicle and a very sleek robot. I have no problems standing him. He really should've been named Kickback. He glows with insecticon goodness.

The only other figure I have so far is Leader Prime. And you all already know he's awesome.
Rampage is growing on me... I just can't believe they hid the figure like that in the photograph...

Ransack, Sideswipe, and Prime are my favorites so far. Ransack just because he has such a cool design and is so small, Prime because he's Prime, and Sideswipe because he's the most "normal" looking of the new deluxes. Depthcharge is pretty cool in robot mode as well, but he needs a few more pegs in vehicle mode to stay together.

Any thoughts on Leader Megatron?
B00
Wheelie.
Man I'm totally love'n the new movie DX's. Most of the DX from the 07 movie were rushed, and were really kinda crappy.

Yuck. All you have to do is change the names from Transformer trademarks to something new and you get something about as far from Transformers as you can get.

"Transformatrons"
As most of you know, ROTF Voyager is a pretty disappointing release. The colors are all wrong, funky deco, and more looser joints due to Ironhide had prior multiple releases of the same mold. But while most of you may skip this release, I find the new cannons and the new head sculpt serve a very good purpose... upgrading your 07 Movie Ironhide.

Both the new head sculpt and cannons are a lot more screen accurate than the previous. The head sculpt is spot on on Ironhide's likeness with some nice crooked facial feature. Add a lot more accuracy and personality over the old head. The cannons, while being sized a bit funky with the right one really big and the left one a bit small, and a bit oddly colored with the light grey (thanks again Hasbro!), they look cool on the figure still. The light grey cylinder/barrel of the left one might slide around too much, so you might need to unscrew it and do some minor mod to keep it in place. I even flipped it right side up to make it look more accurate. Not sure why Hasbro assembly it the other way around...

The parts are pretty much identical, so swapping arm parts, hands, and cannons are easy. The only tricky part is unscrewing the head, which the screw is located at the bottom end of the neck, and has to half-transform the figure to expose the screw through a gap on the body panels. So get a long enough skinny screw driver and some patience to get the head out. But once thats done, pick and choose any parts of the ROTF Ironhide and swap it with your original.

When everything is in place, and maybe add a little bit of paint touch up, Ironhide can look better than ever, thanks to the ROTF Ironhide.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer