Transformers movie gigantic superthread

Posted by asterphage 
Anonymous User
Sanjeev (Admin)
Terms "rickety" and "plasticy" make me nervous...I kinda wanted this toy to be good...just in case I like the movie (which, of course, is highly unlikely!).

And I hate to say it, but the Cyber-Stompin' Prime actually looks pretty damn fun to me! (even if it AIN'T no Transformer!) :)

12" of bashable, fist-launching robot. What fun!

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2007 01:03PM by Sanjeev.
Review of the new prime

[www.collectiondx.com]
JoshB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Review of the new prime
>
> [www.collectiondx.com]

Josh, how tall is that figure?
B00
Proto-form preview figs now on Walmart toy shelves. I picked up both Prime and StarScream, and I actually kinda dig'em. Space-poo mode go!

Can't say the same for any version of Megs that will be released. It has nothing to do with the actual design itself (which I like) but the leader sized version looks awful.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Nice review. Made me tempted to get one as well, even though I used to dislike the Movie designs with a passion. I still don't like most of them, but this Leader class Prime looks like a pretty fun toy without having a big price tag like the MPs. And it looks like it can take some abuse. The automorph function is quite intriging. Hope its not too hard to locate one when its out. Then I can see it in person to see if its worth the purchase.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2007 02:07PM by mpchi.
Sanjeev (Admin)
mpchi Wrote:
> ...Hope its
> not too hard to locate one when its out...

Somehow, I feel that's not going to be a problem...! ;)

Seriously, though, I'm kinda digging this as well. I checked out Seibertron's gallery of the Voyager-class Prime. It's dogshit compared to this. Seriously. It's face looks like someone shoved their fist up his ass. Of course, it's half the price...
HAY GUYZ

So here's some new high-res renders of several characters from, of all places, the Lunchables Maxed Out movie promotion.

I put up the actual images from the Flash site here:
[www.recognizer.net]
Click on the medium pics for the hueg ones.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
B00
Thanks for those! Iron Hide looks awesome, as do the rest!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2007 10:54PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - ironhide.jpg (407.6 KB)
While pretty well executed, with some parts look very nice, I have a really hard time reading the pose. Not sure where the torso and the legs are facing, or if they are bent or twisted....well, they are all twisted alright. :p
IE: it's too complex. Too complex = "no fun."
Sanjeev (Admin)
fujikuro Wrote:
> IE: it's too complex. Too complex = "no fun."

I tend to agree...but if you actually check out the toys, they don't seem too bad. Even Josh's CDX review of Leader Class (grrrr...classism...) looks pretty damn neat. I like the Voyager Class Ironhide and Rachet toys as well. Other than Blackout, the Decepticons look like garbage.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Unless a new Transformers figure bowls me over, I'm not going to be buying them anymore. The Classics line being canceled pretty much was the death knell for my TF collecting. There's only so much space on the shelves, and toy crack's just no longer taking it up much anymore.

Of course, if they were to bring back that Takara re-issue line...
Anonymous User
what you say?

[www.hlj.com]
Let me be more specific, if they were to CONTINUE the Takara re-issue line.
More TF images (concept art)

Prime:

Blackout:

Dunno him too:

Starscream:

Megatron:

Jazz:

Bumblebee:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2007 10:33AM by BigD.
*GRUMP* And yet I'll still wind up seeing this thing in the theaters.
Prime looks like he's doing some sort of highly-animated leprechaun "Right-O Me Boyo!"

Someone needs to animate his left arm swinging down into that position and then his eye winking.

The designs in general.....meh.

I'll see it. But I'll try like hell to ignore the "Transformers" aspect of it and view it as generic-movie-about-space-robots.

Jape
So if you go to this page:
[www.kraftbrands.com]
and play the game, you can unlock various desktop wallpapers and messageboard/IM icons.

Some of the wallpapers have different high-res renders of the characters: Ratchet, who looks great - Optimus, Ironhide and Blackout in different poses - and a close-up of Barricade's face. As for the icons, at least the Bumblebee and Ratchet ones, which have actual backgrounds, are kinda cute.

So far, I can't tell if there's a way to get the clean copies of those new renders out of the Flash site. However, I will be posting all the links to all the possible wallpapers and icons (thanks, fusker) in my next post.

-Paul Segal

1600 x 1200 desktop wallpapers:

Barricade:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Blackout:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Bumblebee:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Ironhide:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Megatron:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Optimus:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Ratchet:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Starscream:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

1024 x 768 desktop wallpapers:

Barricade:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Blackout:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Bumblebee:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Ironhide:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Megatron:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Optimus:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Ratchet:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Starscream:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

800 x 600 desktop wallpapers:

Barricade:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Blackout:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Bumblebee:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Ironhide:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Megatron:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Optimus:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Ratchet:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Starscream:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

80 x 80 icons:

Barricade:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

Blackout:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

Bumblebee:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Ironhide:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

Megatron:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

Optimus:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

Ratchet:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Starscream:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

50 x 50 icons:

Barricade:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

Blackout:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

Bumblebee:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Ironhide:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

Megatron:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

Optimus:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

Ratchet:
background 1
background 2
background 3
background 4
background 5
background 6

Starscream:
black background
red background
green background
blue background
yellow background
orange background

-Paul Segal

Lunchables!
B00
Anyone seen any deluxe movie figures yet? Apparently Hasbro lifted the June 2nd date for the deluxe class.

[hasbro.com]

I'm too lazy to find pics of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2007 12:52PM by Vincent Z..
B00
It looks much better than the 74 version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2007 01:38AM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - BumbleBee_New.JPG (131.1 KB)
When I look at the CG images, it makes me think they took a bunch of cars, sent each single one through the shredder at a garbage processing plant, and then used the bits to assemble the robots.

Also, I've now heard several non-Transfan/toy geek people say they thought the movie trailers looked too much like a 'standard TV action movie' and the Transformers designs were unrecognisable and not 'old-scool' enough.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it bombed big-time, whether Spielberg worked on it or not...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
B00
Looks like the Non-transforming action figures will use a Revoltech style joint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2007 09:13PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Revoltech_TF.jpg (430.7 KB)
Megatron! Ok, only the FAB version, but still...

Ok, as a decades long transfan and overall j-bot enthusiast I have only one thing to say about the Michael Bay designs: BIONICLE
Seems like the audience they were going for. No surprise I guess.
B00
Saw some fast action battlers today. I went to buy Brawl and Ratchet, but they wouldn't ring up, so then the clerk took them away from me. He then took down all the FAB. I did notice that the FAB where priced at 10.99, that seems high for what they are, maybe someone confused them for the deluxe figures. Oh well. June 2nd is only a week away.

Fans will get to see DreamWorks/Paramount's Transformers a day earlier than was originally planned. The studio has moved up director Michael Bay's sci-fi action-adventure a day, from July 4 to July 3.

Just a few days ago, Warner Bros. moved Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix up two days from July 13 to July 11. Now Transformers gets the additional Tuesday to rake in more sales before the popular J.K. Rowling franchise returns to theaters.

On the other hand, the July 3rd release cuts into Fox's Live Free or Die Hard, which is set to open on June 27, just six days before Transformers.
Anyone seen the toys hit toy stores in their area yet? I used to go on these toy runs on Saturdays but I got real sick of wasting a lot of gas and getting nothing. Wondering whether it would be worth the trouble tomorrow?
Sanjeev (Admin)
I think Hasbro announced that the bulk of the movie toys were gonna be released on June 2....but I'm not sure if they'll actually hit the shelves by then or if that was just when the toys would become available for order online...

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
B00
There is a huge TF display at my Toys R Us. Picked up Prime and most of the wave 1 deluxe, and one voyager, Blackout. My Blackout has a problem with the "Automorph" the front of the chopper won't rotate into place. The "Real Gear" TF's seem to be the best part of the whole line up.

June 2nd finally came, and I am fortunate to say that the Leader Prime is as good as people said. Kind of fun driving around from store to store hunting for one with a decent paint job (haven't done toy hunt like this locally for a while), and surprisingly, most Targets and Walmarts I visited in the Bay Area don't have a lot of Leader Prime. Mostly just one or two sitting on the shelves, while other movie toys they have a bunch. I already went pretty early in the morning, so not too sure if they just don't have big Prime shipments, or they just ran out of shelf space. And most of the paint job are crap. Luckily, Toys R Us has a lot of it, so I can manage to pick a decent one out of like 10-12 of them there. Guess I was a bit too spoiled by import toys quality. Hasbro is just not quite there...

But in terms of the Prime toy, its pretty awesome. Not very pretty looking, but loads of fun. Some very innovative designs on the transforming mechanics (feet, automorph chest, flip out gun...etc.), and the thing is loaded with ratchets. Not all have fancy spring ratchets, but ratchets nonetheless. So Prime is very sturdy in both mode, and transformation is very fun too. Complicated, but not hard. Takes much less time and care compare to transforming MP Megatron. While the aesthetics sacrificed for the sake of playability and durability, the toy still look decent in both modes, and sport some pretty good articulation. Sadly, no waist joint, no wrist joints, and has a swivel only neck joint. But very good movement on others. And since its a cheaper plastic TF, you can have more fun transforming and not worry so much on paint chip. Though not using blue light bulbs for the light effects is weird/cheap, and the sound effect could well be the 'signature transforming sound' instead of what is there. But other than very minor gripes, this thing is very fun. Pretty much the best non MP/BT transformer toy in my collection. In fact, its engineering is quite a bit better than most BT. Fun stuff.

And a weird thing about the pricing, Target actually charged $5 more than the MSRP $39.99.
I gotta get that deluxe bumble bee--and I generally think bumble bee blows balls by the seashore.

I got the leader-class optimus prime last night. Other than the lame-flame paint job, it kicks a lot of ass, and most of the flames are concealed in bot-mode.

The new Transformer designs have really grown on me. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie for the robot designs alone (though I don't think it'll be any good).

They're complex and alien. I like it. I mean, if the robots had the aesthetic and transforming mechanisms of a binaltech figure, I would think "man, with speilberg and bay and all those resources, they could've dreamed up something cooler and maybe different". Here, the robots are so sophisticated that it does look other-worldly; which is really fitting IMO since the transformer technology is supposed to be impossibly advanced as to give you talking, thinking,transforming robot life-forms.

So if anything, I think the designs are the only thing winning me over at this point.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> I think Hasbro announced that the bulk of the
> movie toys were gonna be released on June 2....but
> I'm not sure if they'll actually hit the shelves
> by then or if that was just when the toys would
> become available for order online...

The Toys are out in full force. The rinky-dink Wal-Mart down my street has ALL of them, an I mean ALL OF THEM. The Prime Helment, Prime Nerf gun, the large and small figures, and the new smaller ones that aren't in the film.

I did not buy any (yet) but I was particually surpirsed by the detail in some of them.

SCROPONOK: [www.hasbro.com]

BLACKOUT: [www.hasbro.com]

I did not see the Movie Leader vers. of Optimus Prime at Wal-Mart. Instead I saw it at Newbury Comics: [www.hasbro.com]?
page=Products/Detail&product_id=19451 This thing looks insane.

Also, many theaters are offering day EARLIER shows before its theatrical release. Thus for the Tran-Fans jonesin' for TF action, they can go see it July 2nd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2007 06:52AM by BigD.
Optimus Prime vs. Bonecrusher from TF movie:

[www.michaelbay.com]

................. whoa...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer