Transformers movie gigantic superthread

Posted by asterphage 
[www.transformersmovie.com]

and if you want the high-res version of the graphics from there to make a desktop wallpaper or something, I ripped 'em:
[www.recognizer.net]

(title changed from "Transformers movie official site" 2006-12-05)

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2006 03:34AM by asterphage.
I thought that eye belonged to Megatron, but then I heard some speculation it was the Autobot symbol, and after running it through Photoshop and comparing it...

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2006 01:25AM by asterphage.
Attachments:
open | download - tfmovie-botlogo.gif (74.7 KB)
I love how "summer blockbuster movies" try and make themselves immensely huge... same one trick pony over and over again.. Anyway.. the TF Movie poster is up as well.

[aintitcoolnews.com]

Why am I so pessimistic about this film?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Sanjeev (Admin)
Aintitcoolnews always cracks me up. Those are some cranky bastards over there (much like BigD!)...but they make for some enjoyable sarcasm: "GO MICHAEL BAY!!! ...Boy I hope this is as good as PEarl Harbor!!!"

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
> Why am I so pessimistic about this film?

Because it's guaranteed to suck like most Transformers filmed productions? I hope it turns out to be bad enough - and unselfconscious enough - that it's enjoyable.

-Paul Segal

Here we go: Michael Bay. That's the only reason you need for it to suck.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]

Don,

I know I don't write often enough, but I'd like to take this opportunity to say thanks. Thank you for all you've done with the project. Thanks for dredging up the worst of society's ills (i.e. Transfans) and creating a message board where they can all verbally assault each other with the intensity of rabid dogs but without the same civility. Thanks for creating more unsubstantiated rumors for this great big internet to gobble up and recycle into more vicious Transfan hate.

P.S. Peter Cullen and Frank Welker are my lords and saviours.

GEEWUN FOREVER!

Don Murphy will save the day!

(This post is done in the style of your average Don Murphy Stooge post)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2006 11:35PM by VF5SS.
Dear Don Murphy,

I thought you might not understand my esteemed colleague VF5SS's post without reading this thread. So, I suggest you go there and read through that before replying to this thread. Thank you.

Your biggest fan,
Paul Segal

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2006 11:30PM by asterphage.
Official movie site as updated a sort of teaser trailer for the 7.4.07 release date for the TF movie.

[www.transformersmovie.com]

Nothing much revealed. Pretty lame actually.
Thank you Michael Bay for explosions in the teaser.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hehe...y'know, I'm such a dork--I actually enjoyed seeing that! The headphones really make it...the rumbling of the footsteps...very cool!

Of course, what I didn't enjoy was the huge "Michael Bay" moniker 1/3 the size of the hunormous "TRANSFORMERS" logo right under it. Fucking maniac.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
That was awesome. That's possibly the coolest way they could introduce the TFs. I wonder if they'll have crashed on Mars, or if they crashed on Earth and that bot we just saw was a contemporary Cybertronian who traced the ship to our solar system, or if it's going to have a totally new reason/circumstance that brings the Transformers to Earth. This actually has me interested in what they're doing with the story.

Also, since there's a TF on Mars right now, it's clear that at least some of the TFs will be disguised as Earth vehicles on purpose, instead of that old "apparant largest mechanical life form" gag.

-Paul Segal

I think for a teaser trailer it was awesome. The transforming titles are very cool.
I want this in quicktime so I can go frame by frame. I can't wait for the theatrical trailer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2006 06:13PM by robomatt.
B00
So help me, I'm actually looking forward to this now!

So supposedly a "truck picture" of how Optimus Prime is to look in the movie has been leaked out to the inter-web. Aint-it-cool-news.com (Sanjeev's favorite web site) had the story and pic posted. However the pic has since been yanked!

Story: [aintitcoolnews.com]

Anyone have any other sources etc???..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2006 08:24AM by BigD.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ok...so, here's the deal:

First, read Quint's report. Now, I have not seen Pirates of the Caribbean 2, but two friends of mine have (not you, BigD--two other people: NON-Transfans). Both of these people, not knowing one another, went to two different movie theaters in two different cities.

Both reported the same behavior.

When the teaser trailer came on, the entire--I mean, EN-FUCKING-TIRE--theater erupted in shouting applause at the screen. Both of these people reported back to me, independently, that the fucking TF teaser, wherein, I might remind you, you only see the silhouette of a robot for a split-second, got more fanfare than the Pirate movie, itself.

So, Quint and all other Transfans worrying about this film, try to keep some perspective.

Am I a fan of Transformers? Sure. Do I think this movie's gonna be a steaming pile? Do I have a fucking brain in my head!? OF COURSE!!

Now, in light of the response of your average tripe-eating movie-going dumbfuck to just a teaser, do you think Paramount or Bay should really give a flying monkey fuck...!?

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
Ah man, don't make me rant on the Pirate movie. Yes I enjoyed it very much (then again I saw Sups a week earlier and was HUGELY DISAPPOINTED so I was looking for an uplift flick) and the TF teaser was shown in the theater I saw Pirate's in as well. The teaser got mixed reviews.

I still don't like the teaser. When a full on tank or gun tooting' Megatron is battling Prime atop the Hoover Dam with ball and chain vs. axe trailer comes out... then they'll get my attention.
Best news to come out yet regarding this movie.

[www.superherohype.com]

Peter Cullen... has returned.

I was hoping for George Clooney, as rumored :D

-Paul Segal

That'll be his biggest paycheck since the last movie!
>I was hoping for George Clooney, as rumored grinning smiley

So he can play Prime gay, like he did Batman, right?
Oh and fake John Wayne fighting cranky grandmother is not gay enough?
VF5SS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh and fake John Wayne fighting cranky grandmother
> is not gay enough?

AFAIK, John Wayne was a Heterosexual Male. Peter Cullen kicks a**!

Sanjeev (Admin)

[www.penny-arcade.com]

Hehe...brushguard...

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2006 02:03PM by Sanjeev.
I get it. It's funny because he's eating.
A Transformer riding mower would be so much cooler than another fucking red truck.

-Paul Segal

Oh snap, you did not just go there!
Friday is D-Day.. or rather "T-Day"

[superherohype.com]

TF Names to be announced.
B00
I hope I don't wet the bed with excitement.
(text isn't do good at sarcasm)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2006 12:29PM by B00.
And the Transformers Are...
Source: Paramount Pictures August 18, 2006

Transformers screenwriters Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman revealed all the robots that will appear in the anticipated film today in a webcast on Yahoo! Movies. The Transformers that will be in the film include:

Autobots:
Optimus Prime
Bumblebee
Jazz
Ratchet
Ironhide

Decepticons:
Megatron
Starscream
Brawl
Bonecrusher
Barricade
Scorponok
Frenzy
Blackout

Transformers, directed by Michael Bay, hits theaters on July 4, 2007.
I know I'm not the only one... who the fuck are Barricade and Blackout?

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Better questions. How does a movie have Frenzy and not Rumble or more importantly.. NO SOUNDWAVE!!?!?! WHAT THE TAPDANCING FUCK!
Ginrai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know I'm not the only one... who the fuck are
> Barricade and Blackout?
>
Barricade is a member of one of the very well known (ahem...) Micromaster Teams:
[www.tfu.info]

Blackout is also a Micromaster, from the ever popular Micromaster Combiner Decepticon assault tank (or whatever it is called):
[www.tfu.info]

Both are G1 Transformers that ought to be known to any Transformers (TM) fan.

[This post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek...I thought the '(ahem...)', 'ever popular', and the last line would make that clear...]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2006 08:00AM by thomas.
In the movie, Barricade is a cop car, Blackout is a helicopter. I'm pretty sure the reason there are nearly twice as many Decepticons as Autobots is that half the 'cons are going to be grunts with no personality.

Thomas, I doubt those toys have anything to do with their choice of names for the movie characters.

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2006 04:22PM by asterphage.
Anonymous User
OMFG, Skorponok?! Now what's he gonna be like? Something tells me I doubt we'll see a giant scorpion in the movie.
IT'S A GIANT SCORPION.

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2006 12:57AM by asterphage.
Attachments:
open | download - tfwscorponok.jpg (69.7 KB)
That's just Prime.

Remember this Starscream concept?

...yeah, it's for real.

And here's CG and toy images of Blackout, the helicopter Decepticon.

-Paul Segal

Attachments:
open | download - tfwprime.jpg (37.7 KB)
open | download - tfwstarscream.jpg (32.8 KB)
open | download - tfwblackout.jpg (61.3 KB)
open | download - tfwblackouttoy.jpg (46.4 KB)
Hey, it's the new MPC Starscream!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer