Transformers Classics, now with official preview pics.

Posted by asterphage 
>This has been postponed indefinitely, with preorders being cancelled.

I think it's only being postponed to Jan-Feb.

Don't care because I bought the Takara reissue in 2004 .

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
B00
I finally got Mirage a few days ago. This is one nice Transformer! It's got a simple but fun transformation, and he's got great poseablity! So far Classics is off to a much better start than Armada, Energon, or Cybertron.

It's cool that Reprolabels is making label sheets for the Classics line-up now, I hope they make some for Mirage

[www.reprolabels.com]

[www.reprolabels.com]

The plastic seems somehow of higher quality (which probably isn't true--it's probably just that the grey plastic of Starscream has a sort of softer waxy look to it).

Though this could completely be a QC thing, but the joints on Ramjet seem much more sturdy than on SS. The color scheme (even with the odd diagonal lines and such) is far better than SS', in my opinion.

Anyway, I'll try to upload side-by-side pics if I get a chance. I'm really hoping they do all 6 seekers...these kick ass!

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Gotta agree here. Ramjet is really cool, and the colors are nicer than Screamer's. Part of it is the unpainted silver/gray plastic is always odd looking. I think it's the nature of that kind of plastic to have swirly lines and such in it. The TRU reissue Screamer had the same problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2007 09:42AM by fujikuro.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Agreed...that grey plastic sorta sucks. If you look at Classics SS' face, it's really hard to make out any detail--even though the molding is crisp. Ramjet looks SO much better.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Just wish they could have gotten some of that rust color somewhere on his front in 'bot mode. He looks a bit bare because of it. My complaints about this toy, though, are minor at best. In fact, the changes to the wing structures vs. SS make it so that Ramjet can hold a wider variety of poses. Even the fact that he's a "conehead" doesn't bother me - I never used to have him that way as a kid. The toy packaging didn't show it, so I didn't transform him that way.
Sanjeev (Admin)
The wings certainly are clever. I actually LOVE how the conehead came out. The radome in jet mode (nosecone...whatever) on SS is nice and long--the way a modern F15 should look. The radome on Ramjet is snubbed, but it still looks good. In robot mode, the conehead look matches the G1 animation very well.

The old G1 toys of the later 3 seekers just didn't look good with their radomes pointed up because they were just too damn long (I didn't transform 'em that way either!).

Let's see some Classics Dirge and Thrust now! And where's that Ultra Magnus/Skywarp 2-pack? It's out overseas, but not in US Targets yet...so I hear...

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
My roommate got the Skywarp/Ultra Magnus 2 pack, and I think they are both better than the original toy they are based on. Skywarp's face is painted and looks way better. You could probably take his head off and put it on Starscream and make Starscream look a lot better if you were so inclined. Magnus' subdued white and blue scheme looks really great to me, but his eyes are blue when they are red on the packaging. I think the red eyes would have looked better, but that's my only complaint. It's also a lot cheaper getting the Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack than it is buying Prime and Starscream since it's $20 for Prime, $10 for Starscream, or $20 for both Magnus and Skywarp. Easy decision.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Cool...can't wait til to get the set. Did you roommate get it from a US Target? or overseas?

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
I just found this set at Target yesterday here in Cleveland Ohio. So, you folks on the coasts HAVE to have them already. We always gets stuff later than you.
Hey just bought it at a US Target in San Jose.

-Ginrai
Okay, I finally found my Jetfire classics. Happy!

-Ginrai
The two-pack has hit Target in Brooklyn, NY. Didn't pick one up, but I do now have all six Classics-matching-package Minicon teams. The "Clear Skies Team" RULES.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
What is in the Clear Skies Team?

-Ginrai
Clear Skies Team is the grey A-10, the blue and yellow F-16, and the dragon.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Finally got the Ultra Magnus and Skywarp pack, and Jetfire. Target and Walmart.
I almost never ever buy repaints, but I like the classics line so much--what the hell--Hasbro might kill the line anyway. Cliffjumper can suck it, though. Now I'm just waiting on Ramjet. Ultra and Sky are still in the packaging; I already have starscream and opty, so it's nothing i haven't seen already. Jetfire is my favorite, but I agree--the arms just sort of hang there in jet mode. Still, it whoops a lot of ass and looks great in both modes.

Got Classics Mirage and the green version of Beast Wars Megatron at Target. Both are nice, although I worry that Megs might break someday (gold plasic syndrome).

I didn't see Ramjet or Jetfire. Infact, they didn't even have 6" Titaniums or Alternators. No two pack with Skywarp and Magnus either.

I would even try to get Jetfire online but I can't find it without paying a higher cost for it.

I think it's kinda ironic that these days, it's actually easier to get import toys than domestic stuff.

Vincent Z. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Got Classics Mirage and the green version of Beast
> Wars Megatron at Target. Both are nice, although I
> worry that Megs might break someday (gold plasic
> syndrome).
>
> I didn't see Ramjet or Jetfire. Infact, they
> didn't even have 6" Titaniums or Alternators. No
> two pack with Skywarp and Magnus either.
>
> I would even try to get Jetfire online but I can't
> find it without paying a higher cost for it.
>
> I think it's kinda ironic that these days, it's
> actually easier to get import toys than domestic
> stuff.

PMed you
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> Got Classics Mirage and the green version of Beast
> Wars Megatron at Target. Both are nice, although I
> worry that Megs might break someday (gold plasic
> syndrome).
>
>

One of the things I LOVE about that Megatron re-make was the fact that you can finally remove his tail from his left hand which is actually gripping it like he did in the show. Best, toy correction i've seen in a while. While not perfect the re-mold Megatron is 10 X's better than that abysmal re-make Primal.

-Ray
[www.amazon.com]

I ordered Jetfire from amazon yesterday. I was going to get Ramjet too but they ranout before I had the chance. Buy yeah, glad to finally get a Jetfire.

B00
Finaly got Ramjet. This is one nice toy, it's cool how it isn't just a StarScream re-paint, they really put to thought into it. I've still had no luck with the Magnus/Skywarp 2-pack.

> Finaly got Ramjet. This is one nice toy, it's cool
> how it isn't just a StarScream re-paint, they
> really put to thought into it. I've still had no
> luck with the Magnus/Skywarp 2-pack.

I just picked up Ramjet yesterday. He was the last figure I needed, and what a great figure to end with. yeah, I broke-down and picked up red bumble bee--I keep him in car-mode. Ramjet is just awesome, though. I really wish Hasbro would release just one more wave of normal and deluxe figures before they stop.
Last week I got Jetfire which is pretty good but I find that certain parts of his boday should have been articulated better. I love the colors and detail.

Got Ramjet yesterday and it's pretty awesome. I think there might be a small defect were one of his feet can't come down as much as it should but he still stands fine so it's not a real concern. The colors and engineering were very well done.

Im officially done with the Classics line now. I pretty much got who I wanted.

B00
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> ..there might be a small defect were one of
> his feet can't come down as much as it should but
> he still stands fine so it's not a real concern...

Mine too, the right foot won't come down all the way.

Click here to login

footer