Starscream MPC!

Posted by Vincent Z. 
No comments, just look.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2006 07:38PM by Vincent Z..
Attachments:
open | download - MPC Starscream.jpg (110.6 KB)
You hear that? It's the sound of dozens of Transfans signing up on TBDX just to dethrone Voltes and Garland for this this when 2006's TOTY voting begins.

LONG LIVE GARADA K7!?!?!??!

If Starscream is even 1/2 as good as MPC Prime... I'll be a happy camper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2006 01:59PM by BigD.
Grr! Garland for president!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Anonymous User
Some boards were claiming this is a rumor. However, it looks official since this leaflet came with my THS-02 Convoy. I am soooo looking forward to Starscream! It's about time Takara redesigned him!
It's now official and the release date will be September (no pics yet).

Still waiting for word if Hasbro is going to release it. If not, I'll definetly buy Takara's.

Transformers have gone low on my list of "must buys" in general. I'll have to see this guy in pictures before I start thinking about buying him. Still, at the very least it's a great character to use for the next MP.

More serious than thou
I'm definately buying one when it comes out this year.

-Joe

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Check out my art gallery: www.godaiking.deviantart.com
jet-mode art over here

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
It's like Yamato's VF-1 but even better!

I like that the arms now syow under the fuselage instead of the way it was on the original toy (and thus solving the problem of not having narrow arms).

oy.

[www.tfans.com]

I'm just watching from a distance at this point. But when they announce a Thundercracker repaint I'll likely relinquish an equal portion of my hoard in response. And maybe even a few extra ducats as to convince the courier to journey with due haste.
So... it's smaller than the original Starscream? How exactly is that a Masterpiece?

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
> So... it's smaller than the original Starscream?
> How exactly is that a Masterpiece?

What the hell are you talking about?

Are you confused by the photos of the G1, Smallest and Robot Masters Starscreams?

-Paul Segal

This colored pic does it for me :) :) :)

The same guy also did colored Thundercracker and Skywarp This guy is a master! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Oh the possibilities!

http://sdfcommander.tripod.com/
I'm typically NOT one who likes dozens of variants of the same toy, but if they do make a variant Skywarp (since he is in fact "The Shit!") I'll be very pleased.

I mean they'll no doubt have a short missile vers. of Starscream or something to compliment the short smokestacks vers. of MPC Optimus Prime... (lousy child pokin'eye' missile action....)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Actually, I think that would end up being HUGE missile version of SS, since I think for projectiles, there's a minimum size on those.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Is MPC Starscream even coming to the U.S.?

No big deal. This is something Im willing to pay anyway it gets released.

> I'm typically NOT one who likes dozens of variants
> of the same toy, but if they do make a variant
> Skywarp (since he is in fact "The Shit!") I'll be
> very pleased.

I want them to make a solid grey "low visibility" variant :D
There's a dark & light grey Starscream-type Decepticon in one episode of the original cartoon, but I can't find a decent picture of it...

-Paul Segal

I'm getting all three if they are released all the way down to sky warp. Never mind the recoloring. Man that is sweet. thats next on my wish list.
They could make a black & gray varient based on when Galvatron blasts ol Screamers to dust in the movie.

Sanjeev (Admin)
asterphage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want them to make a solid grey "low visibility"
> variant

Y'know, it's interesting you mention that. When this was first announced, I was kinda excited--not because of the character in particular, but because I'm partly an aircraft nerd, like I've mentioned before. The F-15 Eagle is just too cool (I caught "Fighter Pilot", the Imax film playing at the Museum of Science in Boston...fantastic!). I'm well aware of the MP Convoy's quality, so I immediately started to think about how to repaint an MP Starscream into a modern-day USAF F-15 color scheme.

Then I saw the line art for the jet mode:

I found it pretty surprising. Partly, I was disappointed because it's a bit off from what an actual F-15 looks like...so my repaint ideas were pretty much smoked. But at the same time, it was pretty clear that this line art matches the original animation pretty spot on! Well, of course, it's only "perfect" compared to the most stable images of one of the seekers in the cartoon--they were always drawn so crudely!

To me, that's pretty impressive! I was expecting a perfect, diecast rendition of an F-15 Eagle...instead, we seem to be getting a perfect rendition of the animated character. ...Then again, these are only line drawings...we'll certainly see when the toy comes out!

> There's a dark & light grey Starscream-type
> Decepticon in one episode of the original cartoon,
> but I can't find a decent picture of it...

Again, if you watch the first 3 episodes of the TF cartoon, you'll see, like, 5 Starscreams in the background! The animation was pretty awful (in a fun way, of course!)...and you'd often see several multiples of characters in the same shot! I remember seeing two Soundwaves fighting with different Autobots at the same time on the bridge of one of the ships heading to Earth early in the first episode. Anyway, when the animation tightened up a bit by the middle of the first season, I think there really only were the three seekers we know of; no grey one.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Don't forget the purple cannon fodder seeker. Often seen in multiples in the background.
Attachments:
open | download - masterpiece_seekertroop_rob.jpg (146 KB)

> To me, that's pretty impressive! I was expecting a
> perfect, diecast rendition of an F-15
> Eagle...instead, we seem to be getting a perfect
> rendition of the animated character. ...Then
> again, these are only line drawings...we'll
> certainly see when the toy comes out!

That's pretty much what they did with Prime, as well. Rather than going the Binaltech route with a licensed vehicle design, they made a realistic-looking version of the truck from the cartoon...

> Anyway, when the animation
> tightened up a bit by the middle of the first
> season, I think there really only were the three
> seekers we know of; no grey one.

HAHAHAHA. Oh man, I don't know if I'd say that the Transformers series EVER "tightened up", since the quality was so variable over the whole run, presumably dependent on how freely the budget was flowing... anyway, the hard facts are that later in the series Sunbow shifted the animation from Toei to Akom, and the learning curve started over with mistakes a-plenty. The grey one I was referring to is from Five Faces of Darkness, and I'm working on getting a screencap of it. FFoD has generic jets, generic Shockwaves in Constructicon colors (also a favorite of mine), Decepticon generics with Dinobot bodies or colors...

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
hehe....true, true..."tight" may not be the best term here.

Don't really know what Five Faces of Darkness was, but I look forward to pics.

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
FFoD is a five-part episode from the third season about Quintessons and other weird stuff. Here's the grey guy:

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2006 05:40PM by asterphage.
Attachments:
open | download - grey-seeker.gif (18 KB)
open | download - grey-seeker-frame.jpg (25.4 KB)
open | download - grey-seeker-shootloop.gif (273.1 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Cool, man....definitely of the low-vis variety. It's funny how the comparisons to Kawamori's Valk are already floating around. A jet-robo loosely based on the F-14 and one loosely based on the F-15! I'm excited!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
1st bit of test footage for new TF Movie.
Althought rumors are "about" that this may actually be fan-footage

[www.blackfilm.com]

Well if it is the real deal, looks like they're going with the toy designs for G1 Optimus Prime. I dig it....

Enjoy.
-BigD
[www.3dblasphemy.com]

It is fan footage.
I still say this may be the best toy of the year. This has nothing to do with being a Transfan (although familiarity of the character helps).

Attachments:
open | download - MP-03Prototype.jpg (215.9 KB)
Another top contender (next to Voltes) for this years TOYBOXDX Toy of ther Year.
Take that Yamato & your so expensive Macross toys :D
sweet...i like how the flaps fold down in robo-mode...seems like the thingies on top of the shoulders should be bigger...and maybe lower the top of the canopy a bit so it doesn't cover up his chin

I will still buy 3...or 6
Totally f-ing sweet! The downside is that I'll have to find money for three as well, as obviously there will at least be Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp variants, along with potential sub-variants, other variants. Smart move on Takara's part though to pick a seeker:)
My jaw just dropped!

Anonymous User
Fark, dude... you beat me to it, I thought I was gonna be the first to post the pics. :)

I totally agree - the folding flaps to acheve anime-correctness is really clever! And who would have ever thought - a stand for the Fighter mode (let's hope we can use this for the robot mode as well lke Hybrid G1 Convoy)! I wonder where those bulky arms go in the fighter mode, they certainly can't swing inwards like the vintage version since there's insufficient space in the center. I can't wait to see what the transformation is like.

While I'm sure this toy will be an engineering marvel as MPC Convoy was, it will be just as interesting to see what TakaraTomy's commitment to quality is. As I've said in a previous post, the quality of their MPC Brave toys is very disappointing, and I really hope we don't see a repeat in MPC Starscream. It would be such a shame.
here's a remarkably half-assed recolor I whipped out...I'm sure a better version will pop up shortly.

Attachments:
open | download - starscream.jpg (110.8 KB)
Anonymous User
someone had already done a recolor on toysdaily this morning
ill see if i can dig it up

It was here [www.toysdaily.com] but the pic seems to be broken now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2006 04:20PM by Anavel.
B00
Hello new to ToyBox...
Starscream is up for pre-order at HLJ [www.hlj.com]
From the main forum here:
[img220.imageshack.us]

I hope Kawamori is not really serious about screwing this up with the tail fast pack hanging from the hips.
No, I'm sure it's just a joke.

I like the new design better myself, but mostly because I know it'll piss off the transfans. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer