J Robot sightings (media)

Posted by Jake 
$2000 for a yellowed, pieces-missing, clearly used Super-O? I want some of what that guy's smoking.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I was too busy staring at the broad. Clearly, I missed the Bullpet Goji...
This babysitter service commercial has a Grendizer in it.

Skip to 0:22.

[www.youtube.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
[www.thisamericanlife.org]

Really, that's the only image that comprehensively represents the idea of a nemesis.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2012 03:07PM by asterphage.
From the 1987 movie "Chillers".

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
Look here:

[www.youtube.com]

You're welcome.

Thank you
Jake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look here:
>
> [www.youtube.com]

I posted this in the fugly thread a while back but I guess it belongs here, too.

--------------------------
I want YOU for MoƩ Sucks Army
Saw Change up over the weekend with Jason Bateman and Ryan Renolds..

Spotted a few sentai jumbos on the kitchen shelf.
Attachments:
open | download - changeup.jpg (41.8 KB)
this isn't a robot, and it's almost not work safe, but... what?
[www.animenewsnetwork.com]

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
There is a new movie called Any Day Now starring Nightcrawler, takes place in the 1970s and a Micronauts Force Commander is in the trailer, it's on display in a kid's room with other toys.
Upcoming Disney animated flick, Big Hero 6 (based off a Marvel comic) takes place in "San Fransokyo" so yeah, you can expect some anime/Japanese robot influences.

Check out this scene and you'll see that our kid hero has some gokiny `bots on his shelf (how are they gokins? because they fall on his head painfully) and check out that "Mickey Mouse" style clock in his bedroom.... is that Maz/Tet 28 hybrid?

[www.youtube.com]
Saw a Law & Order rerun on TV today. Dectectives were investigating a homicide (!) and one of the witnesses had a large Ghidora figure, a tin-looking Ultraman of some kind, a Jumbo-looking Majinga and a large SD Getta 2 toy on shelves in his office. According to the guide, it was episode 5 of season 17, first aired in 2006.

There's more though. The afore mentioned Ghidora and SD Getta 2 show up in another latter-generation episode. They are in the room of a little kid who is being questioned. I don't know the episode number, but it's during the time when Anthony Anderson was one of the detectives. I think the plot had something to do with a drug company doing some shady experiments on people without their consent.

The Getta is very distinctive. It's fairly large.

Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer