The Official Galvion Toy Thread.

Posted by Roger 
Vincent Z. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AFAIK, they removed the blocking of foriegn IP's
> so yeah you can post there if you want.

Unfortunatery, posting is onry one probrem. The other probrem is that me no speekee chinese. :(
Just go over ther and post anyway in English. Use babelfish to translate (though it does it crudely).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> Just go over ther and post anyway in English.

Isn't that how you got Fun Bolt to hate you?
Isn't that the reason some Japanese sites block American IPs in the first place, because some of us are jerks who don't care if posting in a foreign language essentially unreadable spam, or is against a site's policy?

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
sorry for the delay... just dug these from my closet...
thank god for vacations -_-

Attachments:
open | download - big_galvi.jpg (236.8 KB)
open | download - zector3.jpg (180.8 KB)
open | download - road_chaser.jpg (173.6 KB)
open | download - rescue_chaser.jpg (187.3 KB)
Awww yessss those are sweet. :D

-Paul Segal

The things some people do for Galvion:

[leopardon.blogspot.com]
As much as I love that intro, those character designs have the worst looking noses ever. Anyone agree?

Nah, the way they arrange the front profile of the nose and the shading is a rather misdirected attempt at a particular style, but it's not as bad as the hideous overstylization of Happy Lesson, or AIR...

-Paul Segal

Two of the candy toy reissues are on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Opening price is ridiculously high and there is 1 day left with no bidders.
[page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp]
[page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2007 10:11PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - qqvg98-img600x450-1166777969pc220020.jpg (32.9 KB)
open | download - qqvg98-img600x450-1166773140pc210001.jpg (27.6 KB)
It's at least the second time they're listed - same high prices each time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were still listed at that price in 6 months time...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net

This book has been on Yahoo Auctions Japan a few times now.

It's a vintage Galvion artbook. 64 pages or so of black 'n white Galvion Goodness:

Auction pictures are shown above - I've got the actual book in the mail yesterday (yay!). It consists of photocopies of some production material stappled together and put inside a mook-cover. Only the cover is in color. Almost no text, except when the original drawings featured text.

First 10 pages or so cover the Galvion crew and bad guys and misc characters. Circus 1 is covered extensively, Circus 2 (transport truck) and 3 (Zector) decently. But no pics of the Circus 3's add on armor :(
Chaser Police, buildings and the city get some coverage.
Enemy transformable mechs also get decent coverage, and last 6 pages or so are about the non-transformable mechs.

What's nice is that almost all the transformable vehicles have their transformations shown.
All of them look fully realisable without anime magic, so it stands to reason that weren't it for Takatoku's bankruptcy we'd have gotten toys of all of them.

Also, the ARII large scale kits appear to be rather mis-proportioned when compared to the art.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2007 08:15AM by thomas.
Attachments:
open | download - baraki70-img600x450-1176708108pict5032.jpg (22.5 KB)
open | download - baraki70-img600x450-1176708123pict5033.jpg (36.1 KB)
open | download - baraki70-img600x450-1176708136pict5034.jpg (55 KB)
I always thought that thing was a series bible.

When I was going through those Imai files I only found one piece of Galvion pre-production artwork, it showed very rough versions of the robots next to each other and they were drastically different in terms of size. I'm guessing that the sponsors stepped in and told the animators that featuring one 3 meter robot, one 7 meter robot, a 10 meter robot, etc., was going to be difficult for them, so that changed.

I also just watched the first two episodes of the show yesterday. The animation isn't great, but it's fun. It's like a version of Car Wars with transforming vehicles. And for some reason there are aliens in the prologue that you never see again.
Roger Wrote:

> I also just watched the first two episodes of the
> show yesterday. The animation isn't great, but
> it's fun. It's like a version of Car Wars with
> transforming vehicles. And for some reason there
> are aliens in the prologue that you never see
> again.

Got link?

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Nope, sorry. It was a DVD that someone sent me in the mail.
You know what that means, upload it to YouTube.

any chance of seeing some scans of said book? specially interested in the transforming bad guyz and circus 2,3 refs. myself...

pwety plz? :3
The end of the series is extermly disapointing as the story just ends and the story is never completed. T_T
nemeos Wrote:
> any chance of seeing some scans of said book?
> specially interested in the transforming bad guyz
> and circus 2,3 refs. myself...
>
> pwety plz? :3

Yes, but you'll have to wait a few months (probably - I need to get some good webspace and a provider first)

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Roger Wrote:
> Nope, sorry. It was a DVD that someone sent me in
> the mail.

It the transport truck/base shown in it? If so, could you please make a screen cap? It's the only thing that I don't know the color scheme of...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Nope, it's not in the first two episodes.
Here's a pic from episode 9... was too hard to find a good pic of the whole truck.
Attachments:
open | download - bscap141.jpg (19 KB)
Thanks! (I've got black & white pics of the truck in the book - it's just that I've got this little idea of building all of the mecha designs as models, including those that weren't made into models.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Another Yahoo Japan auction ended recently for one of the Mark \ Select transformable cars - Super Car X (the red one). 25500yen. Insane.
D. A. Tona:
[page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp]

Anybody going to bite?
Not when you can get the select ones (which only lack the packaging) for about 1/10th of the price...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
CM Corp needs to do a Brave Gokin Galvion.

Vincent Z. Wrote:
> CM Corp needs to do a Brave Gokin Galvion.

If not CM's Corp, some other company will probably do Galvion eventually.
Has anyone here actually collected the Galvion model kits? I always see them being sold online, but I rarely see any photos of completed ones. I tried building a variable Orguss from Imai, the same model company, so i can only assume the worst.

If Yamato made a Galvion, would anyone here buy it? As much as I have my own hesitations, Yamato has exclusively released the motoslaves and will be releasing a Danguard Ace.

There aren't too many fragile points on the Galvion, so a solid design shouldn't be too difficult, regardless of which company decides to release it. If we could take Yamato's design, CM's or Bandai's structural materials, and Megahouses knack for venturing beyond the main character--this would be great. One can only dream...
RedAleseides Wrote:
> Has anyone here actually collected the Galvion
> model kits? I always see them being sold online,
> but I rarely see any photos of completed ones. I
> tried building a variable Orguss from Imai, the
> same model company, so i can only assume the
> worst.
>
Most kits are by ARII (or what I prefer to call the ARII/Imai/LS-complex, as they seem to share subjects and sometimes even kits...some unproduced 1/72 ARII Galvion kits ended up being produced as 1/120 LS kits...). Almost all Galvion kits are non-variable, which is good. Quality varies a bit, with some kits having god-awful accuracy (Metal Battler Balgus...*urgh*) and others being quite good (Zector 1/100, Galvion 1/72).
The only variable kit is the 1/48 Galvion robot/middle mode kit, which has some weird shortcuts in the transformation but looks quite good in robot mode (probably the best).

Unproduced kits that I know of:
- 1/32 Zector
- 1/48 Zector
- 1/72 white bad guy transformable car
- 1/72 red bad guy transformable car/tank
- 1/72 versions of the remaining Metal Battlers (2 produced as 1/120 scale kits by LS)

> If Yamato made a Galvion, would anyone here buy
> it? As much as I have my own hesitations, Yamato
> has exclusively released the motoslaves and will
> be releasing a Danguard Ace.

Only if they'd actually make some test-shots and check for weak points, because otherwise they have a potential "1st edition VF-11B with breaking hips"-style disaster...
>
> There aren't too many fragile points on the
> Galvion, so a solid design shouldn't be too
> difficult, regardless of which company decides to
> release it. If we could take Yamato's design, CM's
> or Bandai's structural materials, and Megahouses
> knack for venturing beyond the main
> character--this would be great. One can only
> dream...

Yamato's design tends to overlook weak points by trying to be too accurate in certain 'anime-magic' areas (read: flimsy parts).
With Galvion this would probably mean breaking wings and loads of problems with the upper body. The left and right half of the upper body have to do a fancy revolving motion to get on the right spot, with the wheels and arms revolving around those two halves, and there needs to be some complicated sliding motion in the hips (both are screwed up in the 1/48 ARII kit, by the way...).
Getting that right without ending up with vehicle mode proportions like on the unproduced Takatoku or the Convertor version might take some serious engineering.

I'll scan in the pages from that artbook showing the transformation bits one of these days.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Anonymous User
thomas Wrote:
> I'll scan in the pages from that artbook showing
> the transformation bits one of these days.

I'm wishing you'd just scan the whole thing and post it for us at Rapidshare!
Oh, I can do that too!

Edit: Might take a while before I've scanned in all 62 pages - they need some adjustment to look decent (cover + 5 first pages done, took half an hour...)

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2008 03:33PM by thomas.
Anonymous User
If you wanna throw some unaltered ones my way, I can help. I've got a fast machine & Photoshop. PM me!
The problem is the actual scanning (scanning 20+ year old books with glued spines sucks, people. The spines don't like it.).

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Anonymous User
Rasor blade helps ;P
D:

please take your time, been waiting for this for a while, some days more are no problem...

also that road chaser kit... my god... ;_; so much work
nemeos Wrote:

> also that road chaser kit... my god... ;_; so much
> work

Not snap-fit, no polycaps. ;)

It's one of the better kits (or perhaps my standards are too low due to seeing too many god-awful kits...).

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Ah yes, the age of glue-only, no polycaps and thinly molded pieces. It's definitely time for an update. Maybe even an R3 model or soul spec? I think the model is more likely. Anyways, it go the same way most things do. Either Yamato will make a crappy ver, or some other company will figure out the design and everyone else will jump on the bandwagon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2008 11:05PM by RedAleseides.
The thing has been seen in many a photo book, but if there is interest I will post pics (since I am going to start the process of cleaning up my toy room soon) of the prototype toy of Galvion...
Thanks Cohiba, but I have seen pics of the prototype Galvion toy by Toyco. I was just fishing around to see if there were pics of the models since I've seen many on sale, but just box art representations.
RedAleseides Wrote:
> I was just fishing
> around to see if there were pics of the models
> since I've seen many on sale, but just box art
> representations.

I'll take a few pictures of the ones I've completed until now...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer