Next SOC should be.......

Posted by G28 
CM's did do a Ban Gaan, but he was like, $300 and a limited release. Besides, I'd actually like the option of getting the figures separately.
chunkypuff31 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Well, the Brave series is a Takara-Tomy property,
> so Bandai isn't allowed anywhere near the license.

thanks for the reminder CP. oh the loop holes and politics we have to deal with.

Yeah, the CM's Baan Gaan looks nice, but the core units have way too much part swapping (and a bit tiny). I'm still hoping that CM's Orguss is affordable and durable.
With Big O heading ponderously our way, CM's doing an Aestavalis and back on the braves that only really leaves DanGaioh, Escaflowne and the SRW OG SRX SOC on my wish list. :D

Well those are my top 3, would also like an SDF-1, gokin Armour slaves from full metal panic and the 4 eveolutions of Gurren Lagan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 04:21AM by Fort Max.

Attachments:
open | download - dai-guard .jpg (18.9 KB)
Dai Guard looks an awful lot like Godannar in that shot, same designer perchance?
I think it's just the pose and colors that give that impression. Different designers so far as I know.

Attachments:
open | download - giantrobo11.gif (31.9 KB)
open | download - giantrobo12.gif (33.6 KB)
I thought everyone had and loved the Yamato diecast OVA Giant Robo by now.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Yeah, but you have to get BOTH versions to get all the weapons. Glad I got my missile version on sale for $20. Although, this would make a great SOC, especially if they featured the damaged head with Daisaku inside (final eps).
Please more Soc sentai mechs. I'd box sanjeev for a Soc Liverobo/Liveboxer.

I thought everyone... loved the Yamato ...

Now you know better, and you are a better person for it.
Anonymous User
Godsigma!

FiveRobo!

Bioman!

Gordion!
RedAleseides Wrote:
> Yeah, but you have to get BOTH versions to get all
> the weapons. Glad I got my missile version on sale
> for $20. Although, this would make a great SOC,
> especially if they featured the damaged head with
> Daisaku inside (final eps).

Don't worry. Now all you'll have to do is navigate a Japanese website and pay 3/4 the value of the toy for bonus parts. Bandai makes it so much easier.
Or you have to buy another figure to get bonus parts for the first, like with Revoltech.
servbot30 Wrote:
> Please more Soc sentai mechs. I'd box sanjeev for
> a Soc Liverobo/Liveboxer.

I 2nd this, id love to see more Sentai robots get the SOC treatment.
Daijyujin (aka the first Power Rangers Megazord) with Dragon Caesar (Dragon Zord). Both for nostalgic reasons and it's still a cool design.

Also Oh Blocker (Super Zeo Megazord).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
NEOGETTER Wrote:
> servbot30 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Please more Soc sentai mechs. I'd box sanjeev
> for
> > a Soc Liverobo/Liveboxer.
>
>
> I 2nd this, id love to see more Sentai robots get
> the SOC treatment.

Indeed, ...but you forget, Sanjeev never gets boxed, only Priority Mail tape directly on the goods. ;0)
MattAlt (Admin)
Forget what the next SOC SHOULD be, the next SOC is...

Prototype Energer.

It looks like a GX-07E without the head and chest pieces, and is only being sold as a mail-away premium through the upcoming Chogokin Tamashii Keikaku Z book.
MattAlt Wrote:
> Forget what the next SOC SHOULD be, the next SOC
> is...
>
> Prototype Energer.
>
> It looks like a GX-07E without the head and chest
> pieces, and is only being sold as a mail-away
> premium through the upcoming Chogokin Tamashii
> Keikaku Z book.

Paaaaaass.
I want to see Dairugger (Car Voltron) get the SOC treatment. that would be so awesome if they pull it off right. plus it will probably have a waist joint!

that's all I hope for. well that and a MF gao figh gar.
Sanjeev (Admin)
repairtechjon Wrote:
> Indeed, ...but you forget, Sanjeev never gets
> boxed, only Priority Mail tape directly on the
> goods. ;0)

Damn right!

...just be real careful when pulling off the tape, okay? I'm pretty.
Runaphen Wrote:
> > I thought everyone had and loved the Yamato diecast OVA Giant Robo
>
> Now you know better, and you are a better person
> for it.

Really? Who doesn't like it?

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
Me, for one. Want mine? ;)

It's a floppy, diecast ragdoll with very little tension left in any of its joints. Hate the damn thing.

Now...the Soft Garage gokin from a year or two ago...THOSE are stellar! They not only look perfect, but they feel solid as a rock. Every joint tight and clicky. LOTS of diecast. Can't go wrong.
I haven't touched my Yamato robo for quite some time, but I see how it can get floppy.

Yeah, those Soft Garage Robos...is it just me or have their availability completely disappeared off the face of the Earth?
Sanjeev (Admin)
I forget, but someone was posting about looking for them recently...but, yeah, they've sure disappeared.

Not that they were THAT easy to find in the first place, though!
"I haven't touched my Yamato robo for quite some time, but I see how it can get floppy."

Harv, man...you're killin' me!

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I'd like to second the call for sentai robots. I'd love to see the Jetman mecha get remade.
As long as they include Jet Garuda, I like it better than Dragon Caesar as a special support unit.
Dangaio, it's been awhile since Bandai released a truly technical engineering marvel in the same vein as Gunbuster.
Soul of Popynica of the flying machines from Simoun (which are called Simoun).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Attachments:
open | download - 1241365782095.jpg (480 KB)
open | download - 1241365645876.jpg (89.8 KB)
open | download - 1204433427676.jpg (77.3 KB)
Well, if we're throwing around SOP, I want an Einhander, though, I suppose that'd be more CM's Corp's deal.
With Getter Robo-1 OVA ver announced, I'd say the likelihood of Training colors and Black Getter repaints/remolds are pretty likely.
Marasai Wrote:
> Well, if we're throwing around SOP, I want an
> Einhander, though, I suppose that'd be more CM's
> Corp's deal.

I think the only chance of Einhander in the near future is if Yujin featured it in Shooting Game Historica trading figures.

I do hope CM's gets around to doing the two-handed M-Lovers after their Brave Gokin Orgroid, though...

-Paul Segal

I took a look at the SoC Prototype Energer. What a stupid toy. Maybe Bandai had a bunc h of defective toys are are selling them as a "prototype." What a great business plan! YOu can sell all your crap too, and call it some other version of the character....
delta_7890 Wrote:
> With Getter Robo-1 OVA ver announced, I'd say the
> likelihood of Training colors and Black Getter
> repaints/remolds are pretty likely.

I'm actually a fan of the Black Getter Ova version. To me, the SOC Getters aren't really SOC enough for me. The robots transformed in the anime, but not in the toy. That's what ruins it for me. But the Black Getter is different, because it is never shown transforming in the anime, so I wouldn't feel like I'm 'missing out' on any gimmicks.

The Revoltech Black Getter looked cool, but the paint job on the face looks a little too sloppy imho.
First of all...hello everyone

I'm a newbie, and I want to thank Sanjeev, Mr. Matt Alt and the moderators for accepting my membership.

My profile sums it up about my tastes, I do have a good heart, I can be dramatic whenever I feel passionate about saying something that's close to my heart when the call is high, but I am respectable.

I'll let my actions prove it's worth to the standards of ToyboxDX's expectations because words are not enough--only action.

That being said, on to the subject.

For SIC: it' should be Kamen Rider BlackRX w/ Battle Hopper

For SoC: I believe the next SoC should definitely be Escaflowne...I love that steampunk transformer! It's long overdue and Bandai should definitely do it.

What does everyone think about that I wonder?
First off welcome to the board. Good to have more people. Second off some info for you to search with. Yamato took Studio Halfeye's Escaflowne and mass produced it years ago. You could dig that one up. Great engineering. It's damn fragile though. Also there already is a SIC KR Black/RX and bike.
Why oh why won't bandai make a SOC Gokaiser trio set?
I'd love a SOC quality Escaflowne, I never got the Yamato version so can't comment on the quality of that but see no reason to think that an soc woild be nothing less then fantastic.
Thank you for welcoming me Servbot30, I didn't know that Kamen Rider RX w/ Battle Hopper toy has already come out.

I do plan on getting one though before this year is over.

Even though I'm aware that Yamato made a Chogokin Escaflowne toy 6 years ago, this information about them emulating the toy design from Half Studio Eye is definitely a suprising revelation.

I've tried to get toy on Ebay, but the price rate keeps fluctuating from 100$ to 200$ and that doesn't suit my budget at all. As where my feelings stand, I don't think that's a fair price from a toy like that b/c Yamato was undergoing a lot of growing pains & they've finally reached that peak of sufficeny with the value of their materials.

Which is what I can least say for Toynami but that's another story.

If Bandai's next ambitious endeavor to do the Escaflowne for next year and I hope they do...I rather have a SoC version than the Yamato one, but if the price rate weighs down the 3 whole digit mark, I might just get the darn toy anyway to see what it feels like. No matter the level of quality it contains, it's still a magnificent mecha to own.

RZ-77
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer