Next SOC should be.......

Posted by G28 
Excuse me?
chunkypuff31: Yeah, I'm afraid your're right. If we do ever see a Dunbine it will a Spec...But in my heart I want an old school clover-esque hunk of metal. Bandai has never disappointed me before have they?....Have they?
Vincent Z. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well as for Dunbine, I rather have them take their
> time than rush it out there (like how I felt
> lackluster SOC SPEC L-Gaim was).

I was cold to the L-Gaim for the first five minutes or so that I held it, but once I got used to all those extra joints in the legs, got used to posing it and playing with it, everything about it was pure sex. It's really a great piece and I have no complaints whatsoever. Capable of such great poses! Calling it lackluster seems, ...so very very wrong. I even like the little Lilith-gaim; a surprisingly fun addition.

The only other Specs I have are 3 of the classic Evas. Those are pretty damn fantastic as well, though I did have to glue the leg armor on to get them there. The thigh armor kept loosening while toying around and I've no use for a naked Eva.
Sanjeev (Admin)
fel9 Wrote:
> Bandai has never disappointed me before
> have they?....Have they?

Well, earlier, you said, "[SoC] quality is amazing, the fit and finish impress (hell most SOC are better built than 95% of the worlds cars...), and even the packaging impresses, but still I am left wanting....The weird thing is that when I open a new SOC...I spend a couple of hours putting all the parts on, playing with the pieces, posing it the way I want and the setting it on the shelf with its brethren...and there it sits...rarely am I compelled to take it off the shelf again and mess with it..."

Oh, and Runaphen, I believe it's "felgercarb".
Oh, don't get me wrong. I still like the L-Gaim but I was disappointed in that the only removable armor was in the lower legs when it should have had been the entire thing since L-Gaim is kinda known for having the internal skeleton and to be in the SPEC line and to NOT have that feature seemed kinda weak on their part.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
That was one of the longest sentences I have read.
Ok, Jet Jaguar needs the gokin treatment. It's been commented on in the vinyl JJ reviews, it's been lamented about in general toy discussions. Hopefully someone'll do it..someday. SOC, BRave Gokin, Spec, Soul, whatevah, just come ON already.

MechaGodzilla got done. Buncha times.
Even the Ultra fambly were all done in diecast. And they're less roboty than Jet.
All the Popy, Ark, Bullmark, Marusan, etc. diecast monsters through the years, and no Jet Jaguar.
I loved that guy as a kid. So wanted to ride on his shoulders in the end credits..
..and no diecasts. Harumph!
Sanjeev: Well, I guess they have then...so the lesson I have learned is that I haven't learned my lesson...but I still want Dunbine (stamps foot like a small child)...
Sanjeev Wrote:

> Oh, and Runaphen, I believe it's "felgercarb".

Ah, thanks. Correction noted. Edit made.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm with you, Jon...modern gokin or not, I'm definitely getting me a JJ if they make one. Of course, the Showa Mechagodzillas Bandai put out a few years ago kinda sucks. It's got horrifically minimal diecast, most of the joints are disappointingly restricted, and the gimmicks are nearly non-existent. Doing up JJ in the same way would be kinda heart-breaking...

fel9, you go, kid. Getcher Dunbine on. Eh, felgercarb...all my bitching and SoC disappointments aside, I'd still get that JJ...
Wow....how many times are you going to wrong today Sanjeev? ;) Ok, not about the Jet Jaguar...I love that idea...but about the MechaGojis. Sure, much more could have been done, like light up eyes, firing chest missile, and firing finger missiles. These are pretty hefty though and look damn good (at least the chrome does).

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...y'know, the only one of those I haven't actually seen or handled in person is the chrome one.

But then again, he isn't even chrome in the movies! Seriously, I would've loved to have seen more diecast--there's no reason why they couldn't have worked more into the design. And then, at least *one* shooty gimmick...just for old time's sake! ;)
How about a SOC Guiron with ninja star launching action?
Waitaminit, it'd be pretty funny if you two were arguing about different MechaG's.
The one I have, and like, is the old skool 74, and 75 MG, from just a few years ago, not the newfangled 90's and up model toys.
The oldie looking one is heavy, and spins it's head n'all, but no shooty stuff. I think hillsy's talkin bout this one. Shoot me now if not!

...and where's that JJ? huh huh huh?!

OH yeah, and for anyone still sittin' round, snappin' theyr suspenders,and wondering what to buy, lately you notice those GA-100 Gundams have been popping up, and cheep. Get those NOW.
Hah hah....no, Sanjeev and I are talking about the same ones...that's where the "Showa" comes in...original Godzilla series, so '74/'75 MGs.

And I couldn't agree more on the GA-100s.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Jet Jaguar would be a must buy, even in my non-gokin buying mode.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
GA-100=gooder'n hell.

Honestly, I'd love to see a REAL "SoC" showa MG, though.

I'm talking realistic sculpt. Tall...7" at least. TONS of diecast...plus joint with strong enough detents to support all that weight. Shooty missile gimmicks. Spinny head gimmick on MG1 and removable head with laser dome inside for MG2. All that.

Basically, that ridiculous (~$900USD) remote-controlled one...just a bit smaller and without the rc stuff...and diecast, etc.

I hate to admit it...I mean, I really fucking hate to admit it...but I find the Popy ST and the Bullpet kinda...lackluster...

:/
"I hate to admit it...I mean, I really fucking hate to admit it...but I find the Popy ST and the Bullpet kinda...lackluster..."

I don't even know who you are, anymore.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Y'know what it is? It's the utterly irrational love I have for MG. I have such fond memories of watching Creature Double Feature Saturday mornings with my pop and seeing that gorgeous hunk of metal.

It was a live-action combination of my two favorite things: dinosaurs and robots. What the fuck?

I think it's just that my love for MG transcends any possible toy incarnation of him. I'm really beginning to think that I'll end up nitpicking *any* toy that gets made of him...no matter how bitching.

Attachments:
open | download - giant_robo.jpg (234.5 KB)
Anonymous User

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 06:33PM by Gundam.
Anonymous User

Fuck a SOC, I want a real Scopedog!
Anonymous User

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 01:42PM by Gundam.
Eh, I thought the Kadou Senshi Zaku's were pretty good.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Off Topic but, Jesus Christ, another 1/12 kit for the Zaku... woof.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
They're 1/144 so not as big as an SOC, but they're hefty. I want to say most of the lower torso are diecast, so around 50% or so.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Hah hah....I'm officially taking the "hipster" off, Sanjeev. Now your just a douchebag!

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
I dunno, your suggestions are all cool Robots, Gundam, but they've all also been done before, in some cases ALOT. The SOC line seems to shine when it brings a classic design not seen in a long time up to the modern stadards of toy making... all the classic robots stick out, and things like Iron Gear or Baikanfu, which hadn't received any toys in more than a decade at least, and were made into amazingly engineered toys that replicate the things seen on screen in classic animes that couldn't necessarily be made back when they were around.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Z-Mind, Super Live Robo, Big Dai X, Daiouja and Shin Garada K7!
Anonymous User
What about Big O Prometheum5? A modern design with modern standards of toy making is making the SOC line shine. Anyway the robots I mentioned have not been given the modern SOC diecast treatment and it would be awesome to see them as SOC's. As far as classic designs that have been ignored, I am all for Goggle V and Tryder g7 SOC diecast.
Anonymous User

Z-Mind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 10:15PM by Gundam.
Ban Gaan. Absolutely Ban Gaan.
MattAlt (Admin)

>Kadou Senshi Zaku

How quickly we forget...!

[www.toyboxdx.com]
Cms made a big expensive Baan Gaan. Would be nice though. On a side note. A sweet perfect change Gekiganger would make toy of the decade!
hillsy Wrote:
> Eh, I thought the Kadou Senshi Zaku's were pretty
> good.

Yes. Pretty damn very good.

I wish they would redesign and rerelease the KS Gundam with shoulder and wrist joints as robust as on the Zak. The material there is too brittle. I treated mine like a fucking faberge egg and it still broke in three places.
servbot30 Wrote:
> Cms made a big expensive Baan Gaan. Would be nice
> though. On a side note. A sweet perfect change
> Gekiganger would make toy of the decade!

I wonder if Bandai will release any braves in the SOC line; correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like they've been avoiding it. Great Baan Gaan is awesome. Gekiganger really captures the metal warping transformation of Getter Robo. The other Gekinganger modes don't get enough love.

(maybe a clay Getter Robo 'kit' would be more appropriate for remaking the anime sequence)
RedAleseides Wrote:
> servbot30 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> I wonder if Bandai will release any braves in the
> SOC line; correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems
> like they've been avoiding it.

Well, the Brave series is a Takara-Tomy property, so Bandai isn't allowed anywhere near the license.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 05:25PM by chunkypuff31.
"I wish they would redesign and rerelease the KS Gundam with shoulder and wrist joints as robust as on the Zak. The material there is too brittle. I treated mine like a fucking faberge egg and it still broke in three places."

Really? I haven't picked mine up in years, so can't say that I've noticed any issues. Now you've got me wondering...

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer