Next SOC should be.......

Posted by G28 
Anonymous User
I'd like to see a Metal Composite Zeta and MK-II. I wonder why they made 2 Pshycho Gundam designs instead of these guys. Come to think of it - it's a good thing there's 2 separate gokin lines (GQ line excluded) for Gundam alone.

I must say I totall agree with Ryoma, as much as I love Gundam gokins, if they were ever released under the SOC line, we'll probably never see a non-Gundam design ever again! They just keep releasing new designs every year!Add the fact there's at least 8-10 different mech design in every series.
That's paranoia talking. There's no reason to think more than a few mobile suits would ever make it into the SOC line even if that barrier were breached. There were only six different molds released in the KS series and the Deluxe Gokin line was never derailed because of them.
What would be the motivation in the first place for SOC Gundams? Aside from the diecast? For me, part of the allure of the SOC line is that they ARE non-gundam lines. Robot series that finally get their due, with (most or all) the works.

Yes, I think they should stop with making so many damn RX-78-2 (and recolors) or zetas, and roll out with all those MSVs (e.g. MSZ-013 Mass prod ZZ). But I think there are more than enough Gundam lines to work from, especially with the Robot Spirits line replacing the MSiA and Offshoot.
The only positive thing for me from Gundam entering the SOC line is that I'd be able to take a nice long break from SOC.
cae
and I'm over here giggling because I never meant that Gundam's should be in the SOC line - I just bulled in like the vicious troll I am and mentioned that, before anything else - SOC's, Ultra kaiju, candy toys - I'd like to see Bandai make a KS Dom.

YOU HEAR ME BANDAI!!!!!1!!

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
No one wants to see Bandai make a KS Dom.

Which is exactly why you will probably get your wish, Corey...
cae Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and I'm over here giggling because I never meant
> that Gundam's should be in the SOC line - I just
> bulled in like the vicious troll I am and
> mentioned that, before anything else - SOC's,
> Ultra kaiju, candy toys - I'd like to see Bandai
> make a KS Dom.
>

I don't think anyone misunderstood you. It's clear that you want the KS line to be revived as an SOC subline, at that instead of just making the first Gundam and Zeta Gundam, they should start the line with a Dom, then make a Dijeh, and then a Zakrello. Which is a perilously silly idea which would only cause huge masses of people to take a vacation from living in SOCland, regardless of how awesome the Zakrello really was. Even if it had spring launched missiles. And shiny diecast blades on its arms. And a stand that allowed it to be posed in flight attacking SOC Gunbuster.
I'd love to see a Dairugger XV that combined the diecast of the smaller versions with the detail and features of the largest, and the articulation of... well, just some articulation would be nice!

Wouldn't be so fussed about Golion - the design never really appealed to me, and there's the Masterpiece Toynami /thing/ for those so inclined... That said, would World Events be able to block these? They should be made to give whatever rights for Dairugger back seeing as they're never, ever going to use him again at any rate ;)

Love to see Dynaman too - is it me, or do Bandai seem to be largely ignoring Super Sentai? I mean, on the whole it's hard to blame them, but some of the robots (alright, two of the robots) were pretty nice.

Torn on Daitetsujin 17 - I'd love to have a slightly bigger version of the toy with some nice touches (like painted vehicles, similar to the GD release), but for some reason I can't picture him in the line's style. I'd settle for the original just scaled up 40% and given a few fancy bits of detail painting :)

And in the "Yeh, like that's going to happen" it'd be nice if Baikanfu got an SoC Rod Drill to hang around with him. Actually, just a Soul of Machine Robo line would keep me happy... I mean, of all the Machine Robo characters they choose Baikanfu and the deeply annoying Stol siblings? Bastards...

Maybe Laserion? Though he's just too 1980s... Actually redesigning something like that in the 21st century would probably cause a hole in time or something.

I'm just happy New Tetsujin is imminent - finally a toy of that incarnation that I can actually afford!
I want a new version of Mazinger Z. Certainly there was a manga version that hasn't been done yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2008 10:41PM by RainBot.
Giant Robo
Ultraman
Jetfire
Silverbolt - Beastwars
GODSIGMA!
DAIRUGGER XV!
Bandai is listening? HELLO!?
Hello?
... hello?
GODMAN!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
OhBlocker!
Mr. Bandai Himself!
My nuts.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
I don't think the questions was re brass jackass.
Dude....you're a poet and you know it.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
fiercerobot Wrote:
> Ultraman
> Jetfire

Well, there was that Chogokin Ultraman from about four years ago. It looked hideous - like it had been run through an egg slicer. And the floppy ankles mad it fall over all the time. So, yeah, why not take another stab at it? Bandai couldn't do any worse.

But, uh, what the hell is a Jetfire?
Jetfire is an transformers autobot.. The G1 toy was pretty much a takatoku/bandai el chunko veritech.. It might be the same mould or whatever no idea.. Someone else with more knowledge might be able to clarify the details..

Apart from a remake of the godaikins.. I want to see the old school Kochikame "Kankichi Ryoutsu" rerelease..
>OhBlocker!

Now THAT would be awesome. It'll never happen but yeah.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
"I want to see the old school Kochikame "Kankichi Ryoutsu" rerelease.."

Is '96 "old school", now?!? Fuck, I'm old...

I could use an SOC Glaug.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
eitlobsaboo Wrote:

> Apart from a remake of the godaikins.. I want to
> see the old school Kochikame "Kankichi Ryoutsu"
> rerelease..

Why? You can get them on YJP for pennies..
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
fiercerobot Wrote:
> Silverbolt - Beastwars

You're joking right?
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
fiercerobot Wrote:
> Silverbolt - Beastwars

You're joking right?
Fred Savage - Wonder Years
cae
gingaio Wrote:
> Fred Savage - Wonder Years

You're joking right?

hassenpfeffer
If you aren't going to take this seriously then turn in your decoder rings and get the fuck out.

Here are mine.

RAhXephon - RahXephon

Venger - Dungeons & Dragons

Dunbine - Aura Battler Dunbine
cae Wrote:
> gingaio Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Fred Savage - Wonder Years
>
> You're joking right?

What would you do if I sang out of tune.
Mazinger - Mazinger
If its going to be another Mazinger, Great Mazinger, Grendizer, Getter Robo, or any other Go Nagai creation then I would hope they do half of it transparent. Showing the working mechanics like how banpresto has but with moving parts...then I'll be more than happy to buy another version. Actually make that any Super Robot or Real Robot since most of the old school illustrations always depict it.

Other wise give me a large Tekkaman and Pegas chogokin.

Runaphen Wrote:
> If you aren't going to take this seriously then
> turn in your decoder rings and get the fuck out.
>
If you aren't going to calm down, you're going to bust your nerd gland (it's close to the large intestine).
>
> Venger - Dungeons & Dragons
>
This is taking it seriously?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2008 12:42AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - One-Horned Dude.jpg (20.8 KB)
Erik Sjoen Wrote:
Why? You can get them on YJP for pennies..

But you have to go through celga or rinkya or something tho dont ya? I haven't ventured into that territory yet..
I missed out on one for cheap on ebay recently because it was late and i fell asleep..

I meant old school as in the older one.. there's a newer "doll" figure out there aswell..
> If you aren't going to calm down, you're going to
> bust your nerd gland (it's close to the large
> intestine).
> >

I lost my nerd gland in a horrible unicorn-related accident when I was six, you insensitive clod.

> >
> This is taking it seriously?

Okay. You're right. They would totally have to make the Dungeon Master and Tiamat first. I stand nerdrected by your greater geekgasm.
>I meant old school as in the older one..

The older one IS the one put out in '96. Actually, 2 versions were put out. And Sjoen is right...dirt cheap on YJA. I see one on there for Y1800, right now. Still a deal after fees.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
I got one for 666Y.
cae
> Still a deal after fees.

I own this toy. Getting it for free would still not be a deal. You should also offer money with the toy. It is a plastic piece of shite, in my opinion.

hassenpfeffer
Why you hatin' Corey?

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
cae
Anybody want mine? $25 shipped.

hassenpfeffer
Where's the love, Corey.....

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer