3rd Party Macross

Posted by Jake 
Go here and scroll down to the bottom to see what I believe may be the first "3rd party" unlicensed offering from the Macross universe. (or would that be something like 11th party given the quagmire of Macross rights holders?)

The link is to a TF discussion board. The topic is a toy fair in China where a company known for making some unlicensed Transfomers toys has exhibited a super deformed SDF-1.

This hasn't happened with Macross before right? It'll be interesting to see how Bandai et al react and where this eventually goes.

Thank you
Sanjeev (Admin)
That's absolutely wild. I'm not a huge fan of SD, but the fact that this is fully-transforming (while still retaining the huge head/bridge!) is pretty damn impressive!

But I'm curious as well. They don't seem to be hiding their bootleggery in the slightest. There's no silly names like all these 3rd party Transformers: this is straight up the "SDF-1" from "Macross". How're they gonna pull this off without getting sued into oblivion???
Hey, the SDF stands for Super Deformed Figuration, that's just a coincidence... and Makuros. But certainly they won't be sold in domestic stores.

Those two VFs are included?

Is that a Wataru and a SD Gaogaigar in the top picture? If that's 3rd party, doesn't that get them in trouble too?

And as an aside, is it normal to go to third party demos without a shirt on or something?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2014 11:20AM by fujishig.
Sanjeev (Admin)
"Super Deformed Figuration"! LOL...okay, very clever!
fujishig

And as an aside, is it normal to go to third party demos without a shirt on or something?

Maybe those hunks are included as a bonus? You know, to get fangirls to buy these things?

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
fujishig
Hey, the SDF stands for Super Deformed Figuration, that's just a coincidence... and Makuros. But certainly they won't be sold in domestic stores.

Those two VFs are included?

Is that a Wataru and a SD Gaogaigar in the top picture? If that's 3rd party, doesn't that get them in trouble too?

Someone over on RJ just said that yes, it's supposed to come with at least a couple of the SD valks.

- Mike

Deep in the Hasbro Jungle
MSW
Peaugh reviews a early test shot: [www.youtube.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Not too shabby! I coulda done without the SD Valks though. Them being so ridiculously outta scale would just annoy me! As for the ship, itself, my only complaints are that they should've done a better job of engineering the four smaller shoulder cannons--just yanking them out and reattaching them elsewhere seems like lazy engineering.

As for the rest of the design, it would've been nice to have better elbow joints so you could pose the robot with the space stations facing forward...oh, and figuring out some way to have the main cannon booms come down woulda been great...but there's only so much you can do with an SD design...
SD valks from FansMakeToys.

Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer