[EX GOKIN] It's not that I can't afford it...

Posted by Sanjeev 
Sanjeev (Admin)
There isn't a thread dedicated to Fewture's EX Gokin line of ultra-high-end futuristic/gothic chogokin designed by the late Taku "Professor Robo" Sato. So I'm starting one here.

With this news:

^^Upcoming Grendizer.

Tempting. I'm not a fan of the aesthetic...but I've handled these toys before. They're sublime. 10" of nearly 100% gokin. Super-sturdy (but not TOO tight) ratcheted joints. Flawless metallic, glossy paint. Just...crazy-lavish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2014 11:59AM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - fewture_ex_gokin_grendizer.jpg (89 KB)
Getter G ones look really amazing (check out JoshB's rave for Getter Dragun in CDX) but yeah, dropping over $1600 (BBTS) for even 3 high end, high quality die-cast robots is a bit too much, even if I could afford it. Rather spend that kind of money on a holy grail vintage item.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I tend to agree. Those Getter G's look stunning (the colors are spot-on!). I'm wondering if the upcoming Grendizer will come with a Spazer or not...but either way, I shudder at the prospect of the price tag!
I'll say it... I can't afford it. Especially if it comes with a Spazer. Maybe if I sell my car...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, this totally slipped under my radar: Born Free!

I kinda want the hell out of this (but that price!). Despite having never seen Born Free or Koseidon, the idea of natural dino-based tokusatsu feature Gerry Anderson-esque vehicles is absolutely intriguing to me...
Sanjeev
Well, this totally slipped under my radar: Born Free!

I kinda want the hell out of this (but that price!). Despite having never seen Born Free or Koseidon, the idea of natural dino-based tokusatsu feature Gerry Anderson-esque vehicles is absolutely intriguing to me...

Yup, loving the way this looks, plus there's the big sofubi dino to go with it!

[www.collectiondx.com]

The price is very much a barrier here though. Between the two I think you're looking at upwards of $400? You'd better have a strong love for that show!

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Very damn true. I neglected to comment on the price...but that IS a kick in the nuts for ya. As it stands, I'll probably stick with my original Tomy diecasts! ;)
I know nothing about the show Born Free, but the gokin land train with little figures and dinos is tempting.... Well, it is tempting at a quarter of the asking price.
Oof! In for more than $500!

[www.bigbadtoystore.com]

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Umm...not trying to say I have a PhD in sofubi or anything...but $145 for a goddamn vinyl T-rex???

Please.

I just looked up the retail price--¥10k--and even that's pushing it...especially if this is rotocast in China.
At least you can find cheaper alternative toy Dinos to go with that Ex Gokin...

Huh... just You Tubed "Born - Not the 60's Movie about the Lion Cub - Free" and my mind is blown... why didn't my 8 year old self know about this series?!? Anime mixed with "Land of the Lost" Dino stop action and "Thunderbirds" miniature work. Wow!!!
I also recommend checking out the English dub of Dinosaur War Aizenborg called Attack of the Super Monsters!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer