Diecast Power Rangers Legacy Megazord

Posted by Ginrai 
Sanjeev (Admin)
This might qualify as a chimichanga!
If that thing is mostly diecast, than $200 actually comes out on the "cheap" side when compared to comparable diecast new gokin stuff from the SOC line or from Fewture.
This is Bandai America, though. I'll have a hard time comparing it to a SOC or Fewture release. How was the plastic one, for those that got one?
The plastic one was .... BIG. I have the original Megazord, Godzillazord and Brachiozord in all it's plasticky glory (thanks to KenA) and have to admit, though the aesthetics and genre is not my cup of tea, they are fun toys... easy to gattai and un-gattai and combine into that crazy monstrosity. I can only imagine what some significant diecast content will do to the thing...
H-man
The plastic one was .... BIG. I have the original Megazord, Godzillazord and Brachiozord in all it's plasticky glory (thanks to KenA) and have to admit, though the aesthetics and genre is not my cup of tea, they are fun toys... easy to gattai and un-gattai and combine into that crazy monstrosity. I can only imagine what some significant diecast content will do to the thing...

Wait, that's the original one you're talking about, right? Or are you talking about the redesigned one that was released a couple of years ago to go with the redone Megazord?

[www.youtube.com]
Original Bandai America release from 1993 (94)?
I have the redone all plastic Titanus from 2010, the Mix and Match Titanus. I posted pics of it earlier in the thread. Anyway, it's a big ol' dinosaur. It doesn't have motorized legs, but when you push it forward the wheels on the bottom turn gears which make the legs "walk". It also has this weird gimmick where you can open up its back and put chopped up legs, arms, and a head an torso in a little mechanism and it will clamp them together into a complete mini Power Ranger figure. I guess it's sort of cute, but I don't understand what it's doing inside of Titanus. I fully expect Legacy Titanus to omit this gimmick and just cram the main body full of diecast. If that's what happens, I will be totally happy.

To save you backwards scrolling... 2010 all plastic Megazord and Titanus:

And for scale purposes, you can compare the Legacy Megazord to the original:

Remember the Legacy Megazord and Legacy Titanus are the same molds but with diecast, better paint, and better stickers. Also the Legacy Titanus will again be redesigned a little to have his chains like he did in the '90s.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2014 09:30PM by Ginrai.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Jeremy, are those Titanus paws on Megazord's forearms in the riding pic above? None of my friends had Titanus growing up (and the stock footage from the show was pretty miserable), so I never really got a sense for how the damn thing worked...
Yeah Titanus paws and chest come off and stick on Megazord's hands and ... chest. Then Dragonzord turns into a weird robo-poncho.

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2014 05:42PM by Ginrai.
Dragonzord is apparently in last month's Diamond Previews, so I guess he's not an exclusive. DCBS has him on preorder for a bit cheaper (preorder deadline is passed but you can make an order until tomorrow) so I bit (they also have the Goseiger import, though it's a bit pricey).
Guys, Amazon's got the Dragonzord up for preorder now: [www.amazon.com]. $79!

More serious than thou
Perfect! Get yours now before they all sell out!

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm cool with paying an extra $10 more for BBTS. I consider that insurance just in case I get a dud.

Lest we forget Matt's Sentinel Black Getter... Yikes.

Oh, and 'cause Amazon treats their workers like shit.
Legacy Dragonzord back on Toysrus.com for $59.99:

[www.toysrus.com]

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Okay, thirty bucks cheaper than BBTS....and free shipping (but almost $4 in tax)? You win. I've cancelled my BBTS order in favor of TRU. Good looks, man!
Awesome! Thanks!

More serious than thou
What the heck? [www.bigbadtoystore.com]

Is this any different than the already released Legacy Megazord? If not, why is it TWICE AS MUCH? I don't get it.

-Ginrai
WTF? It looks just like the regular release. Maybe there's some other special aspect to it.

More serious than thou
So actually it says "Please Note: This product was purchased from an aftermarket supplier at higher than original retail cost." So I guess it's just the same shit for a huge mark-up. HOPE YOU BOUGHT IT WHEN IT WAS AROUND. Me, I bought two for the cheap from on toysrus.com just to be safe.

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh snaps...guess what's shipping!
Yeah, I got my shipping notice for Dragonzord, too! Super excited!

-Ginrai
It's on its way to me too! Can't wait!

More serious than thou
Mine just arrived. Big and heavy, that's for sure. Feet and hips are diecast. The paint job is very nice. I don't have my Megazord here at work, so I can't comment on that, but for $70-ish dollars this thing is a very good buy!

More serious than thou
I am physically in pain waiting for this to arrive! I can't wait to combine it with my Legacy Megazord and Mix & Match Titanus!

-Ginrai
I have a few nit-picks about it, but not many. The main one is that for the sake of clean lines, there is no way for the legs to fold up and stay locked when it's time to attach the Megazord lower legs to it. So, they're floppy then. Would have been nice for them to engineer some way for them to flip in and latch there somehow.

More serious than thou
Just went down to the lobby and picked mine up. He is pretty damn sweet. More metal than I have seen in a while in a bot of any kind, especially in the sub $100.00 price range. Nice paint. The combination is pretty cool and feels solid, but I really like him in dragon mode best. I love love love the two sets of hands.
I STILL don't have mine. I guess that's the peril of going for the much cheaper price at Toys R Us backwards ass website. Wah.

-Ginrai

Legacy Megazord + Legacy Dragonzord + Mix & Match Titanus = Ultrazord a.k.a. Ultimate Daizyujin. A lot of people on the Internet are not transforming this puppy correctly. To combine Legacy Dragonzord and Megazord, you need to open up the chest, because the neck cuff thing has to catch in there and when you close the chest it locks it in better. Plus there are pegs that stick down from the top of the gold dragon part into the shoulders of the Megazord part. When you have it right, it locks pretty well.

ANYWAY this is totally cool. I quite liked Legacy Megazord but Legacy Dragonzord is even cooler. Way heavier, a lot more diecast (the legs and chest are pretty much completely diecast) and a really nice paint job. I am, however, really looking forward to replacing Mix & Match Titanus with a diecast Legacy Titanus. It's okay for now, but I would prefer the nice paint and diecast treatment by far. This is what the vintage toys should have been. Really happy with them.

-Ginrai
Ginrai
This is what the vintage toys should have been. Really happy with them.

Now how often do you ever hear that???

More serious than thou
So are they going to reissue the Legacy Megazord?
Alright guys, I made a video for CDX on this puppy. And I immediately got super fucking dumb comments on it. I just love spending hours and hours on a project just some some ignorant jerk can immediately crap on it. SIGH.

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
You...pay attention to comments on Youtube?

:P

I haven't watched the video yet, but I'm looking forward to it!
At last, here's my text/photo review of Legacy Dragonzord.

-Ginrai
Preorders for the Legacy Tigerzord (originally from Dairanger) are up for preorder on BBTS. $80.

Also you can preorder Legacy Titanus from Toys R Us. $200 as expected. Must be a massive pile of diecast.

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 03:47PM by Ginrai.
Good pics of Legacy Titanus and White Tigerzord from SDCC!

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Damn....the detail on Tight Anus is pretty sick!
I can't believe you went for Tight Anus and not the more obvious Tit Anus!

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
I was going for a more phonetic pun. :P

So I'm honestly on the fence about this guy. I never actually liked the Ultrazord combo in the show. The effect--visually and plot-wise--was lame as hell. But that said...the sheer decadence of completing the hat trick is enticing...
Anyone looking for a Dragonzord? PM me if you are interested. I just sold my Megazord so I don't need it anymore.

More serious than thou
Well the Ultrazord combo is less cool I agree, but you should look at it from a chogokin perspective: this thing is apparently one gigantic hunk of diecast.

-Ginrai
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer