Diecast Power Rangers Legacy Megazord

Posted by Ginrai 
[www.toysrus.com]

$60. Finally the price it should be. I liked the all-plastic version but yay to diecast! I saw the toy at a bunch of booths at a local toy show and they were trying to charge $120 to $150 for it. UGH.

CDX review of diecast version: [www.collectiondx.com]

My review of plastic version: [www.collectiondx.com]

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2014 06:33PM by Ginrai.
Doesn't this suffer from significant design flaws (like not being able to hold the sword)?
Yeah, I just saw that on various reviews...you'd basically have to sand down the handle (thus destroying the chrome) to get the sword to fit.

Otherwise, it'd be a no-brainer. Still, thanks for the heads-up Ginrai. I saw these on eBay a month or so ago for $90 to $120. No way at that price, but the $60 would have been easy were it not for the sword issue.
Sanjeev (Admin)
The sword handle being too thick doesn't seem like that big a deal to me: instead of scraping off that gorgeous chrome, why not drill out the hole in his fist? That'd be almost completely unnoticeable...and I think a better option than fucking up the sword, no?
Jeevsie weighing in with the big brain as ususal...I've been reading about the issue and would make the same suggestion. If I were a collector looking to buy a "used" zord down the road, I'd rather the sword be intact than a minor mod on the inside of the hand.

One question, how much smaller than the original is this guy? I've also seen that mentioned in the reviews.

It's not really much smaller than the original, it's just not as fucking fat as the original! And if you are that worried about the sword, go buy the original all-plastic one and steal the sword from that. :) Anyway it's not a design flaw, it was originally designed to be an all-plastic sword and when they vacuum metalized the sword it added to the thickness just slightly so now it's a super snug fit. The original non-vacuum metalized plastic sword fits in the hand just fine.

Left to right: Original all plastic DX Megazord, Legacy Megazord, Super Robot Chogokin Megazord, Retrofire Megazord

I'm super hyped that for the first time Daizyujin gets diecast and it's TWO diecast toys, the Legacy Megazord AND the SRC Daizyujin! Now give us Dragonzord!

-Ginrai

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 12:21PM by Ginrai.
If one already has one of the plastic versions (original or reissue), is it better to spend the $50-60 on this one or the Super Robot Chogokin version?
Well if you ask me, all plastic sucks. Diecast is sexy. The SRC is really neat and super poseable and a pretty great modern action figure with an especially clever knee joint. The Legacy Megazord is more like an old school sentai robot with generous diecast chunks. The 2010 all-plastic version is okay but the diecast just makes it way nicer IMO. I think the original DX Megazord kind of blows. It's pretty ugly and is all hollow and plastic. The only real advantage of the original DX Megazord is it can combine with the Dragonzord and Titanus if you ask me. The Legacy Megazord honestly reminds me of the last sentai robots I was super into, the Gaoranger/Wild Force series, though of course it doesn't have the lovely variety that line offered.

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 10:50PM by Ginrai.
Ginrai
Well if you ask me, all plastic sucks. Diecast is sexy. The SRC is really neat and super poseable and a pretty great modern action figure with an especially clever knee joint. The Legacy Megazord is more like an old school sentai robot with geneous diecast chunks. The 2010 all-plastic version is okay but the diecast just makes it way nicer IMO. I think the original DX Megazord kind of blows. It's pretty ugly and is all hollow and plastic. The only real advantage of the original DX Megazord is it can combine with the Dragonzord and Titanus if you ask me. The Legacy Megazord honestly reminds me of the last sentai robots I was super into, the Gaoranger/Wild Force series, though of course it doesn't have the lovely variety that line offered.

I hear ya.... I just know if I do "happen" upon the Legacy `Zord at my TRU it would be hard to resist just because of those rasons you've given. Thanks go KenA's generosity, I have the original DX Zord along with Dragonzord and Titanus (that's the Bronchiosaurus bot right?). Even though sentai is not quite my thing, those toys were/are alot of fun.

So you weren't as super into the Hurricanegar (Ninja Storm?) robots? I think the Gourajin and Senpuujin may have been the last sentai stuff that were on par with classic sentai chogokins. And that they could combine into an even larger, massive robot was insane icing on the cake. I still feel a tinge of regret having to sell those since Sentai wasn't quite my thing (but they were amazing amazing toys).
Sanjeev (Admin)
H-man
...I still feel a tinge of regret having to sell those [Hurricaneger] since Sentai wasn't quite my thing (but they were amazing amazing toys).

Ha! Same here...had the black set...and ended up selling it to a fellow boardie ages ago! At least it's "in the fam"...
The Hurricanger/Ninja Storm stuff didn't really turn my crank, gotta be honest. I know some are into them. The designs were way over busy and IIRC the US versions had the diecast gutted when the US Wild Force versions of the Gaoranger toys still had the diecast.

-Ginrai
Wow, so I haven't paid attention to new sentai/Power Ranger shit that wasn't diecast, so I only looked at the Legacy Megazord, right? Check this out: [www.youtube.com]

This "Zord Builder" system is interesting. Power Rangers Megaforce Gosei Great is compatible with 2010 Megazord and therefore also Legacy Megazord. They can swap arms and legs and these weird motorcycle parts can combine with them.

I also didn't realize that there was a Titanus that combined with 2010/Legacy Megazord!

[linearranger.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2013 07:03PM by Ginrai.
So I had a gift card of $20 for TRU and so I went in looking to spend it on a video game, because what else there would I want...right.... Anyway I picke up the Legacy Megazord for $40 out of pocket....It was $40 well spent...heck there is more diecast in this thing than the last few japanese release robots that I have bought.... Now admittedly I don't care that much about the PR or their mythos...but I do like a good toy...and this one is pretty bang on...yeah the sword is annoying...but that is pretty minor...all in all I he looks awesome on my shelf at work...what more can I ask?
Damn, you got it for a sweet deal! I'm glad people are actually finding these things in stores!

-Ginrai
Took 90 years for my Legacy Megazord to wind its wait here and in the meantime I got the Gosei Great Megazord from the current Megazord line so I could test out the ZordBuilder compatibility gimmick. Dude. If you guys like sentai style robots (or even Voltron) at all you really owe it to yourself to grab Legacy Megazord and something else ZordBuilder. I don't care if it's the ZordBuilder Samurai Megazord from last year or the Gosei Great Megazord or any of the random little bikes or submarines or whatever that come with Megazord legs, but seriously, do it. Check this shit out:

Please excuse my shitty pictures.

-Ginrai

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 08:56PM by Ginrai.
Attachments:
open | download - megazord1.jpg (175.3 KB)
open | download - megazord2.jpg (95.2 KB)
open | download - megazord3.jpg (92.3 KB)
open | download - megazord4.jpg (131.4 KB)
Some more:

Look! Getter 3 mode!

The legs of the Gosei Great Megazord have a peg that swings out. I'm sure if it's meant be used for some other combination or what, but it effectively gives the legs a handle so they can be wielded like some weird club.

Detail on leg/club.

Stock Megazords.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 08:38PM by Ginrai.
Attachments:
open | download - megazord5.jpg (104 KB)
open | download - megazord6.jpg (229.8 KB)
open | download - megazord7.jpg (254 KB)
open | download - megazord8.jpg (410 KB)
One more thing: People have been complaining about the size of the Legacy Megazord (and its mold brother, the 2010 Vehicle Zord System Dino Megazord) and it is true that it slightly shorter and a lot less fat than the original Deluxe Megazord. It's still pretty tall, though. Here's some comparisons:

With Isis Megazord/Gao Icarus

With Ultimus Megazord/Gaoknight (sort of)

And for the sentai impaired, here he is with a Transformer, the Scramble City combiner Baldigus/Ruination from Car Robot/Robots in Disguise. This essentially the same toy as the '80s Bruticus toy so if you know how high that is, you know how high this is. Same with any of the other Scramble City combiners like Superion, Menasor, Abominus, Computron, et cetera.

Anyway the Legacy Megazord rules. This is easily the most diecast that has been in a sentai toy in decades and it definitely has more diecast than even the Gaoranger/Wild Force Power Rangers toys that I love so much. It looks really nice with them, too. If you like sentai at all, seriously, get this toy. I bet you it will skyrocket in price on the secondary market shortly.

-Ginrai

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2013 06:51PM by Ginrai.
Attachments:
open | download - megazord9.jpg (353.9 KB)
open | download - megazord10.jpg (296.6 KB)
open | download - megazord11.jpg (331.9 KB)
open | download - megazord12.jpg (227.1 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Surprised Jeremy hasn't posted this yet...but a whole lotta folks' prayers are gonna be answered next year!

Metallic paint. Diecast parts. And full gattai gimmickery with the existing Legacy Megazord.

Okay, Bandai. You win. I'm in.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh.

And, y'know...

A Jumbo Machinder Megazord:

(how did I miss THAT one???)
Super hyped about Legacy Dragonzord! I really hope for lots of diecast! I wonder if they will reissue the Mix & Match Titanus... with diecast parts! I already got the 2010 Mix & Match Titanus but I would gladly replace it with a partially diecast one!

That Jumbo Megazord looks pretty sexy. I wonder what material it's made out of?

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Okay, this set costs *half* as much as the Megazord toy itself, but this is AWESOME:
[reprolabels.com]
so tempting...i do love the legacy megazord...and these do look pretty damn cool...i dare one of you to call me a hobo....

on a side note...the set for the legacy morpher (which is totally badass) is equally as cool...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2013 06:09PM by fel9.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I've never liked the whole "hobo" thing. That said, JUST BUY IT, YOU...silly goose? Hmm...I'll have to work on that...

Y'know, I've never been interested in henshin devices, but I definitely appreciate the time and effort these dudes put in to making these toys so much nicer.
Oh yeah! Dragonzord preorder:

[www.bigbadtoystore.com]

Does this mean that it's not a TRU exclusive, or that it's even cheaper there and BBTS is just buying it from there and marking it up?

Also, they're bringing in the leftover stock of the Goseiger mech. That one didn't seem all that popular in Japan so I'm sure they had a ton... :)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Preordered!

Well, I'm pretty sure the term "exclusive" doesn't mean shit in this context. BBTS has sold "exclusives" of other shops and events plenty of times before. And buying them from TRU, only to mark up and resell, would only make sense if they were getting them for a very low wholesale price...and I'd be very surprised if TRU gave them such a deal.
I'm so hyped for Legacy Dragonzord (which I preordered at toysrus.com for slightly cheaper). I'm really glad I got the Titanus that the Legacy Megazord can ride on. I mean, if they do a revised one with diecast, I'll buy that too, but all I need is Dragonzord for the super fancy ultra combination. Yay! Also what happened to that Jumbo Daizyujin? I'm still interested in that!

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2014 03:17AM by Ginrai.
I was going to harp on you for not telling us about the toysrus.com preorder, but seems like it went up on 12/15/13 and then they took it down on 12/17/13... is that when you ordered, or did they have it up after that? How much at tru?
That's when I ordered it. It came and was gone before there was really a chance to tell anyone about it.

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, I don't think it was up for more than 24 hours, if I recall correctly. I could be wrong...but I feel like if it were up longer, I woulda gotten in on it... Either way, $10 more for the BBTS preorder is no big deal. I have a big Pile of Loot going with them anyway!
Motherfucking Legacy Dragonzord revealed! Combined! Comparison shots with old toy!

YES Legacy Dragonzord!!!!

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Absolutely dope!
Oh man, that's a must-buy for sure!

More serious than thou
Done and done...now who takes my money....?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Prolly BBTS...
[www.bigbadtoystore.com]

Only $10 more than TRU retail...and you get their customer service.
Ugh... I have the original plasticky ones but this looks... so tempting. But that means I'll have to seek out the Legacy Megazord too....
Sanjeev (Admin)
I can't imagine the Legacy Megazord it too tough to find...and I think it was a little cheaper at $60 or so...
H-man
Ugh... I have the original plasticky ones but this looks... so tempting. But that means I'll have to seek out the Legacy Megazord too....

It's worth finding, though.

More serious than thou
Legacy Titanus is confirmed. [www.collectiondx.com] It's a massive chunk of diecast and will cost $200 according to CDX. Also CDX says even though the Jumbo wasn't at the show, they're still working on it.

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2014 06:34PM by Ginrai.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well...they done did it. Now who's gonna pony up?

Go big or go home!
I sure am. I want the whole diecast enchilada!

-Ginrai
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer