[SH MONSTER FARTS] Do you have it?

Posted by Gcrush 
I talked about a Bandai SH Monster Fart figure over in another thread. That was a dumb move. These toys need their own thread.

I bought a Donkey Dong because I wanted a super-poseable gorilla action figure. It arrived with the lower left arm detached in the box. I put it back together and, aside from some mostly immobile legs and odd engineering decisions, it's a good ape. It's sized pretty accurately for use with most 6 inch human action figures, so it's versitile. Note that the Orange Nehi effects parts are not included.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2013 06:58AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - donkey dong.jpg (78.4 KB)
open | download - donkey dong 2.jpg (87.8 KB)
I saw the pics before I read the last line. I was thinking that if Peter Jackson's Kong breathed fire, I would have watched it all the way through.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy
I saw the pics before I read the last line. I was thinking that if Peter Jackson's Kong breathed fire, I would have watched it all the way through.

Yeah, but it would still take three hours to finally get to the payoff of seeing Jack Black turned into charcoal.
Just wish that a Monsterarts Kiryu wasn't going to cost the better part of a hundred. How tall are these suckers?

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Do you remember what Bandai's GD-45/57 retailed for? I'm guessing less than this new Monsterarts one is...and I'll bet they were bigger and had more diecast. Still, I bought a GD-45, found it boring, and quickly sold it...I'm guessing these new ones have better articulation, gimmicks, and are generally more fun (based on the previous Monsterarts figures I've handled).

Edit:
Oh, I love how the Monsterarts one can replicate the movie poster!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2013 12:49PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - 845690.jpg (484.6 KB)
fujikuro
Just wish that a Monsterarts Kiryu wasn't going to cost the better part of a hundred. How tall are these suckers?

They vary in size quite a bit depending on the character. King Ghidorah is enormous while Fire Rodan is tiny. I guess the average height is around 6 inches or so. I don't know if there is a numerical scale that's being used for these, but I heard that Bandai is trying to make them all "the right size". As in, the "modern" Godzilla figures are expected to be much larger than the "classic" versions.

As for the price... That's just where we are. The GD-57 version was around $50, but that was 10 years ago and it has fewer parts to it.
Sanjeev (Admin)
SUPA EKKS SREE!!

Also, more energy blast effects parts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer