If only I had gotten a hold of one of these (ORDER SHEET!)

Posted by Supersentai 
I could have made some wise paper-boy money investments with this bad boy...think they'd still honor it?

[www.ebay.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wait--so..."Carton Pack Pieces" is the number of units per carton? And, say for Tetsujin 28, a carton costs $36...suggesting that the wholesale cost of ONE T-28 was $6(1982) or roughly $15 today???

Just from a simple economics standpoint, how's that even possible? Seriously?

Like, the cost of licensing the character's likeness, designing the toy, manufacturing the nearly-five-pound toy (steel, injection ABS plastic, chromed bits, magnets, etc...plus printed paper and cellophane for the box and inserts), and finally shipping it to the other side of the planet...and you're STILL making profit offa $15???

...Unless, of course, they're not making profit...and this was all just a way to blow out unsold stock...but still. Damn.
MSW
Sanjeev
Wait--so..."Carton Pack Pieces" is the number of units per carton? And, say for Tetsujin 28, a carton costs $36...suggesting that the wholesale cost of ONE T-28 was $6(1982) or roughly $15 today???

Sorry, those prices look to be the suggested retail price of each individual toy. I remember buying the Godaikin DX Daimos for about $36 brand new back in 84-85. And my Godaikin DX Dancouger was about $45 brand new, costing me an entire weeks pay back then!..One of the main reasons the Godaikin line failed here is because the toys were more expensive compared Transformers and Gobots

Here is a page with Godaikin toy ads, many showing the toy price:
[pleasesavemerobots.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 02:20PM by MSW.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thank glob. Well...still...$36 then is the equivalent of $100 now. And I'm pretty sure most of us would consider $100 for a Godaikin T-28 a pretty nice deal! :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer