Female Kinkeshi aka C.U.T.I.E.S.

Posted by JoshB 
So I stumbled upon these - C.U.T.I.E. figs by Mattel - came out in 86 same time as MUSCLE.

All are stamped Japan. What is the original japanese line these are from?

Sanjeev (Admin)
Nah, there wasn't an original Japanese series (Kinniku-woman?) these came from. From what I understand, the toys were entirely a product of Mattel in the hopes of targeting young girls (surprisingly, they didn't dig MUSCLEs! :P). They were just manufactured in Japan.

The LRG heads don't exactly hold them in high regard:

[www.littlerubberguys.com];#

[www.littlerubberguys.com];#
Where's the rest of that CDX gallery?
The one shown in back view there looks weirdly like an Akira Toriyama design.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
MattAlt (Admin)
These are OUTRAGEOUS. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

OH GOD HER FACE

I actually kinda dig the two in sunglasses, the electric guitarist and dancing girl

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
On a related, Muscle revival note, any opinions on these S.L.U.G. (Scary little ugly guys?) zombie toy packs I see in toy stores? I am going to have to buy a pack just to rip open and critique whatever plastic or rubber feel they have.
[m.toysrus.com]
repairtechjon
On a related, Muscle revival note, any opinions on these S.L.U.G. (Scary little ugly guys?) zombie toy packs I see in toy stores? I am going to have to buy a pack just to rip open and critique whatever plastic or rubber feel they have.
[m.toysrus.com]

I have the whole lot of them...I like pretty much everything about them. Weird movie callbacks, classic characters, strange stuff...and a zombie astronaut named Neil Armgone...all in all pretty boss...and the nephews like pitting them up against the box'o'bandai godzilla vinyls...and pretty cheap too...(even cheaper at the moment because Target is beginning to clearance the older waves....I picked up a 12 pack for $5.98...)

Oh there is also a Christmas chase wave that includes a monsterous snowman and nutcracker...Boss indeed
Sanjeev (Admin)
They never made the S.L.U.G. dudes in glow plastic, did they?? I've been on the fence about these dudes...ultimately letting sloth prevent me from picking them up. I guess I've always found their sculpts to be a bit too goofy/humor-oriented and not clever/scifi enough for my tastes. But all that could change with a little glow pigment... ;)
The glow ones were supposed to be included with the collectors case, but it hasn't shown up anywhere....Several online shops canceled orders for the collectors case and that led many to assume that the line is dead....but who knows....they seem to move pretty quickly around here...heck if you blinked you missed the first two waves and the showed up and disappeared just about as quick....only a smattering of series two and three hanging around on the pegs here and forget any of the tweleve packs...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer