Kamen Rider

Posted by Lixx 
So I did a quick search and didn't see a dedicated thread. Who's a big Kamen Rider fan here? I only have a few toys. Some old and some new. Here is Rider:

Most of the villains in my collection are newer. Hope to one day get some vintage versions.
I'm a big fan. I used to love watching V3 as a kid, and would wear the bug helmet and the cyclone belt around the house. Growing up in Hawaii, we were lucky enough to have subbed Kikaider, V3, and Battle Fever J on TV, and the local theater would show an Inazuman/V3 movie double header ever Summer...

Now I spent an arm and a leg buying the subbed V3 set, and I've gotten hooked on every series since OOOs (though it takes me a long time to finish them... it's basically on every week without any breaks). And my daughter enjoys playing with the newfangled belts and the ever-increasing pokemon-like aspect to them. Ok, ok, I enjoy it too. Even if Wizard's hand-on-crotch belt is taking it a little too far.

But I haven't bought any vintage stuff in a long time. I do really like that they finally came back to the Showa Riders in the figuarts and SIC lines. I would love some classic Showa villains, even if they were just Tamashii Web exclusives.

And oh, Comixology is selling digital copies of Ishinomori manga... they started with a few volumes of Cyborg 009, Skullman and Kikaider but have since added Kamen Rider and Inazuman.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I can't claim to be any sort of Kamen Rider fan since I never got into any of the shows or had any bug rider toys as a kid (I'm pretty sure they *did* play one or two of the series here in New England at some point...). But having said that, I always loved the Amazon Rider design. Something about it just speaks to me! The colors, the geometry...again, I know nothing about the show, but visually, I'm hooked on this guy:

Kinda similarly, I was never exposed in any way to Zanbot 3 or Voltes V...but over the years, I've come to love those robot designs...and have since picked up toys of them!
Where's servbot30 and hillsy?

There's a thread somewhere's, can't seem to dig up, with hillsy's Kamen Rider V3 tattoo progress.
Kamen Rider sucks.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Lil b is probably somewhere working his ass off...hopefully making mad paper.

hillsy
Kamen Rider sucks.

Hah!
hillsy
Kamen Rider sucks.

Yeah, and the pics are gonesky too, but here's a thread about some stuff, bratwurst boy!
[toyboxdx.com]

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2012 11:30AM by hillsy.
I need to get a pic of the V3 collection up, at some point.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer