Tamashii Nations 5th Anniversary 2012

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)
Reception was tonight. No pics by non-press allowed, but they had an SOC Dangard Ace on display! No release date or price info yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 08:31PM by MattAlt.
WOW!! How large was it? I assume it transformed? Other info? You can't just drop that little bit of info and leave it at that! ;)
why wasn't i invited???? darn it.
MattAlt (Admin)
It wasn't as big as the big ones (Godsigma/GodMarz/Dioger) but a little larger than the standard ones. It looked better to me than the Yamato one (which I always have thought has too small of a head and arms.) They were guarding that thing like a hockey goalie from anyone who approached with a camera. 3-D printed prototypes of both robot and Satelizer modes were on display.

The DX Mazinger Chogokin I did manage to get close and personal with. Great proportions and absolutely huge in person - almost as much presence as the Chokinzoku Tetsujin 28. Pictures honestly do not do it justice.

Some early images of the event from various sites:

[blog.livedoor.jp]

[www.ladyeve.net]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 08:03PM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - nations6.jpg (331.6 KB)
MattAlt (Admin)
Another pleasant surprise was the Chogokin C-3P0. This has been announced for quite a while but this is another case where photos don't do the actual item justice. It's the size of those old Kenner 12" figures but covered in metal - a really nice sense of weight to it. The legs are barely posable, but then again, C-3P0's legs are barely posable. Yes, it needed an old-school Takara-style missile launcher but you can't have everything...

Apologies for the crappy photo, light conditions weren't great in there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 07:53PM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - nations2.jpg (270.8 KB)
MattAlt (Admin)
And finally, this sucker:

[tamashii.jp]

"Itasha Robo" - Itasha are cars driven by wealthy otaku who trick them out with anime designs. The word means "cars that hurt" because they're a badge of shame and honor at the same time. This Itasha Robo toy looks like something Takara would release except for the hefty pricetag, which didn't make sense until I saw it in person. It is really big - a good 16" tall in robot mode. Not my thing but if you're a Transformer fan it's probably right up your alley.
Great pics! That Danguard prototype was it a grey resin version or was it painted? Kinda bumbed that it's not super huge like the Yamato version but I'm for sure gonna buy one.
MattAlt (Admin)
Painted. It looked good! I wish it were bigger too, but I guess they're trying to differentiate themselves from the Yamato one. It was hard to gauge size in the display, but looked to be around the size/bulk of the old DX Chogokin version.
I guess that's not bad, the old DX was around 9" right?
Erik Sjoen (Admin)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2012 03:53AM by Erik Sjoen.
Attachments:
open | download - Dangard.jpg (106.4 KB)
MattAlt (Admin)
That's the one! Love the proportions but am still kinda scratching my head over why they didn't make this a jumbo-sized figure ala the Ideon, etc. It's supposed to be one of the biggest of the super robots.
Probably cost reasons the last SOC Daioja was damn expensive but now you can find it at huge discounts. They probably don't want a shelf warmer it puts out a bad image.
WOOP!!!! awesome news, cool to see the double x getting some love as well.
MattAlt
And finally, this sucker:

[tamashii.jp]

"Itasha Robo" - Itasha are cars driven by wealthy otaku who trick them out with anime designs. The word means "cars that hurt" because they're a badge of shame and honor at the same time. This Itasha Robo toy looks like something Takara would release except for the hefty pricetag, which didn't make sense until I saw it in person. It is really big - a good 16" tall in robot mode. Not my thing but if you're a Transformer fan it's probably right up your alley.

This is the Akibarangers vehicle, right, the one the is large enough to fit the Figuarts figures of the parody/otaku Sentai show?

Wow with the Dangard Ace. And where is Daioja available for cheap, he's the one recent SOC I never bought, mainly because a lot of the other recent ones were pretty deeply discounted, and he went OOS at most of the places I import from...

And I know this is blasphemy here, but any other Chogokin One Piece displays? A Thousand Sunny maybe?
MattAlt (Admin)
Yeah, it's the Akibarangers thing.
Some pics of the SOC Danguard, quite small but looks good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 05:43PM by chen.
Attachments:
open | download - 223642502462359772934944771496n.jpg (25.7 KB)
open | download - 46527_10151311183735719_1531885568_n.jpg (73 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm not sure I like the proportions better than the Yamato version...
I like the size if the Yamato but I prefer the sculpt and colors of the SOC better. It will be much smaller though, just judging by the picture of it next to God Sigma I say its around 8-9" tall. I just hope its not priced like a 12" tall figure.
chen
I like the size if the Yamato but I prefer the sculpt and colors of the SOC better. It will be much smaller though, just judging by the picture of it next to God Sigma I say its around 8-9" tall. I just hope its not priced like a 12" tall figure.

You think they'd Takara us like that?
Wouldn't surprise me the upcoming SRC Gunbuster and Gurren Lagann are already priced at 6500Yen which is starting to get close to SOC prices from a few years back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer