Does this go here?

Posted by Runaphen 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2012 04:52PM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - OGmE6g.V8nNC_gmM8gokzA.jpg (105.8 KB)
Whoa. But how can they announce this without an Artoo???

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
mcfitch (Admin)
Patience padawan Paul.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Artoo is in the bag, no doubt. More pressingly, will we get a 4-LOM(Zuckuss) outta this?
Yeah, yeah, okay, but once they announce Artoo then I can start to get impatient about whether they're going to do an R5-D4... or an Imperial Astromech of either dome-headed or trapezoid-headed varieties...

...or a gonk droid...

-Paul Segal

Why buy a gokin R2D2 when you can have a functional one:

[www.thisiswhyimbroke.com]

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Doesn't this fall under the category "more than 10,000 days late and likey quite a few dollars short of having any meaning in today's market" (okay, clumsy, but you can sense the distain)

If Popy had come out with a C-3PO with a semi-unique take/interpretation back in 79' or so, but was full on die-cast, that would have been something. Except for being die-cast, how is this any better on your shelf than any of a number of deluxe 12 inch scale figures of this same character? Really. Come on. Please. I'm spent.
Supersentai Wrote:
>
> If Popy had come out with a C-3PO with a
> semi-unique take/interpretation back in 79' or so,
> but was full on die-cast, that would have been
> something.

Hmm, do you picture that as being substantially different from Takara's version?

> Except for being die-cast, how is this any better
> on your shelf than any of a number of deluxe 12
> inch scale figures of this same character?

It's just the diecast. Don't you want to rub C-3P0's cold metal chassis against your face?

-Paul Segal

[toyboxdx.com]

This comes from one of Matt's old posts, but yeah, if Popy was going to bother, this makes it worth the trip.

It's not that I'm against face-rubbers in general, or for that fact "plushies" or even people who like to roll around in money naked in their beds.

Okay, plushies weird me out, but I guess the other two are money in my book.
Some really good pics of the Takara here:
[galacticawesome.blogspot.com]

-Paul Segal

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer