EAST COAST SUMMIT - July 28

Posted by JoshB 
Ladies and gentlemen,

The summit for 2012 has been announced. Saturday July 28. Somewhere in Massachusetts.

RSVP via facebook if you can, or via email at josh@collectiondx.com

[www.facebook.com]

Josh
Yes
mcfitch (Admin)
I kind of have to go don't I?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
MSW
I'd love to go, but I can't afford it now.
might be in Boston for a couple of days around then. Unfortunately I won't be packing any toys from Tokyo for my trip though....
...if only...
Everything must go!

I am bringing everything I am currently selling to the Summit this year, and as popularized in the hit comedy film Everything Must Go, starring Will Ferrell, everything must go!

I will be bringing the three buck bag, where each item costs only three (3) bucks. Inside you will find:
- Iwakura Bullmark Legends
- Titanium Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica ships
- Babylon 5 micro machines
- LEGO Minifigures
- Iron Man figures
- A Darktrooper
- A Mugato
- Nightfighter Robocop
- G.I. Joes, including a non-bootleg Chinese Cobra Commander (1st version with swivel arm)
- Ben 10 Figures
- Matchbox cars
- Homer Simpson's car
- Plastic dinosaurs
- Namco video game cell phone straps
- Tomy Star Robos/Rascal Robots
- A Robolinks guy

I will also have the ten buck book box, which will include:

- Gundam: Models Perfect Catlaogue, MS Encyclopedia, Gundam Products 1979-2001, Victory Gundam Vol. 1 & 2
- VOTOMS: Art Works, Pailsen Files Visual Book, Scopedog 21c Mook, Odyssey, Roman Album 63, Archive, Bible, Manga collections 1 & 2
- Intron Depot 1
- Robocon Roman Album
- The Official Art of Megazone 23
- Full Color Vintage Toy: Great Empire of Fine Figure
- Sofubi Apocalypse 2000
- Kaiju Gangu Dai Gahoh
- Animerica's Gundam Official Guide
- Robotech II: The Sentinels Illustrated Handbook
- Robotech RPG books
- Hobby Japan back issues
- Gangu Jinsei back issues
- B-Club back issues
- Figure-Oh back issues
- Hyper Hobby back issues
- Super7 back issues
- A super old hobby mag with Z-Gundam models and pages of Basic computer code
- Yoshiyuki Tomino Gundam novelizations (translated by Fred Schodt)

Did you wonder where the other toys were? I'm bringing:

- Banpresto GA-100 Chogokin Gundam
- HCM Neofam with Sling Pannier
- HCM Pro Zaku Warrior
- MS In Pocket Contio
- VOTOMS Kubrick sets
- Revoltech Studio Nue Powered Suit
- Product Enterprises UFO Skydiver plus fan club exclusive display base
- Star Wars stuff, including vintage figures, mailaway rocket firing Boba Fett replica, Remote Control R2-D2, Palm Talker R2-D2, and the front half of the Royal Starship (might be cooler than it sounds, your mileage may vary)
- Electronic Playmates Defiant and Romulan Bird-of-Prey (2 of them)
- A nice lot of Timmee vintage dinos with display base
- A Sinclair dinosaur bank
- Large Titanium Battlestar Galactica
- A glow Remco Creature from the Black Lagoon
- An Ovion
- A Beetland Godzilla lighter
- HONEHONE-SAURUS

And a generous selection of tokusatsu and anime ephemera will be available such as:

- A VOTOMS mini-game, poster, RPG, graphic novel, and signed comic
- A Southern Cross coloring book and bonus erasers
- MOSPEADA utensil/chopsick set, change purse, and playing cards
- Pencil boards from MOSPEADA, Robocon, and Bandai's Ultra kaiju line
- A Bandai Ultra kaiju mini-poster
- A Heavy Gear mini-game
- Vintage Star Wars and Micronauts catalogs
- An incomplete copy of Super #1 Robot
- Patlabor Shinohara Industries business card case
- A Japanese Dune movie program
- A Hinokio DVD
- Soundtracks from VOTOMS, Gundam, and Robotech
- A USS Enterprise Pizza Cutter (really)
- A USS Defiant pewter pendant
- A signed Dave Dorman print of a lovely lady in a wetsuit

I'll also have some miscellaneous crap that a hobbyist might want, such as:

- A Wave AFS model kit with a paint set
- Some other modeling paints in marker and aerosol forms
- Glow Airsoft BBs

If you want me to hold something for you, send me a PM. Better yet, pre-pay me for it. Your items will be hand-delivered with loving care and a semi-firm handshake.

Remember, everything must go!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2012 12:51PM by Roger.
A friend of mine is looking for some toys, and I agreed to ask around and see if I could find any of these - so here's a summit want list:

Accel Device Searcher from K-Tai 7:
[www.hlj.com]

Machine Robo Mugenbine Galaxy Rex
[www.hlj.com]

Machine Robo Mugenbine Launcher Saurus
[www.hlj.com]

Daigunder Ginzan
[www.hlj.com]

Daigunder Drago Flame
[www.hlj.com]

Microman LED Powers Rocket Base:
[www.microforever.com]

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
I'm trying to engineer a way to get to the summit from western Mass. without a working ride of my own.

I have many parts figured out, but there's one small hole. Is there a T station anywhere near the site?

Thank you
mcfitch (Admin)
JAKE!!!!

Harvard Sq is close to me. Just take the 71 bus to watertown from there.
-Mason

Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Thanks to the kindness of strange men, it looks like I have cobbled together a multi-tiered transportation plan filled with excitement & intrigue. I will see you fellows tomorrow.

Thank you
mcfitch (Admin)
Awesome man. Glad to hear it.
-Mason

Great seeing everyone at the Summit. Everything did not go, but a huge chunk of it did, so thanks to everyone who bought something today, and HUGE thanks to the Burgermeister and his lovely bride for hosting!
mcfitch (Admin)
Our pleasure man. It was agreat turnout, lots oof new faces too. Now I'm exhausted and need breakfast.
-Mason

Sanjeev (Admin)
*Ahem*

I just want to apologize publicly to anyone who may have gotten offended as a direct or indirect result of my actions last night.
40oz again?

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Nah...although alcohol may have been a factor, it certainly wasn't the primary one. Either way, there were some questionable decisions...that will no doubt become public soon enough.
this sounds like it could make for some amusing story telling :-p
B00
Man, wish I could have gone. Jury duty though. I'm already at strike 2 on Jury Duty...

-Mason

A very NON-questionable decision was made by all the custom toy & art folks that brought various projects along for show-n-tell, and sale. Really encouraging to see that part of the scene, adding to the usual buying/selling/trading of consumer goods!

Thanks again to hosts Mason, Lisa, JoshB, and whomever else supplied the goodies for eating, drinking, and snackin'.

Oh, and if them Canadians can make it, you Kentucky boys gotta get on a road trip!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 09:15PM by repairtechjon.
B00
mcfitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That have jury duty on Saturday in your state?
> -Mason

NO, orientation was Friday.

> *Ahem*
>
> I just want to apologize publicly to anyone who
> may have gotten offended as a direct or indirect
> result of my actions last night.

Dammit, I knew I left too early. My kingdom for details.. (my kingdom consists of a paddle game, used banana peel, and 2 ashtrays). Good thing you're not on Facebook, eh? :)

Mason, great job hosting as always. Looking forward to seeing you guys in September.
Ok, so I'll TRY to keep this short:

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks to everyone for the 2nd awesome Summit that Tom and I have been to. We haven't been fortunate to have much free time due to an intense work schedule, but there was absolutely no way we were missing this thing.

We met a lot of new people and caught up with many of you guys we met last year, and still didn't get to talk to everybody. Among others, I still don't think I have properly formally introduced myself to Mr. Schwartz or Sanjeev other than a quick hello and I apologize if I seemed shy to anyone. I tend to just not want to interrupt people if they look like they are in a lengthy or semi-private conversation.

I kept trying not to laugh at the fact that those of you who didn't remember me (totally expected because I had only met you guys once) you all remembered the stand from last year LoL. I know, it was a hell of a piece to show up with my first time out to the summit, I am glad that everyone liked it. I bet that's locked in your brains, and I don't know if I will ever top that either. Keep your fingers crossed for me and I will keep trying :-)

Mason and Lisa were great hosts, everything just had such a perfect feel to it. Thank you guys so much for doing such a great job and giving us all a nice atmosphere to chill in among art, robots, friends, and beautiful weather (even if that part was somewhat short lived).

Many thanks also go to my man JoshB who has been kind enough to shoot a few emails back and forth with me for general advice and keeping me in the loop about the summit because I am non-facebook. Lastly, props for the super quick buying advice for some "new toy" stuff I picked up at the summit. I was definitely venturing outside my usual "vintage only" buying habits this year and I am so glad I did. Although I only came home with four toys this year, I absolutely love them.

I hope all you guys liked the selection I brought for show and display this year, especially som of the real odd vintage models like the M-Lovers, Jet-VTOL, 5th Grade Magicar and Panzer Galient just to name a few. I can get pics up in a separate thread if anyone would like to see more.

My goal is to bring cool (especially vintage) stuff that will inspire even more conversation among us because it's slightly different than what we usually see or just obscure. I have some ideas brewing for my small display at next year's summit, I can't wait! I am definietly down for a random get together if the local guys want to do something as well.

And to all of you guys that wanted the Bazoler I am sorry if I disappointed you, but my Gaiking collection has to start somewhere too!

All the best to everyone and many thanks for their efforts.

- Mike
Sanjeev (Admin)
Mr. Ginrai Wrote:
> ...I still don't
> think I have properly formally introduced myself
> to ... Sanjeev other than a quick
> hello

I totally take the blame for that! I definitely meant to introduce myself, but it's so easy to get caught up in the maelstrom of conversations going on everywhere. Believe it or not, but this is actually the second year in a row that I almost *completely* ignored the actual toys on display for sale or trade. Well...I remember your stand from last year, of course! But that's just how crazy the Summit is.

> ...I am non-facebook.

Gods bless you, sir. Stay strong! :P

But, yeah, next time we have a local hang-out, you gotta come up!
Ha, don't take all of the credit, part of the blame is on me too! I didn't get a chance to check out your creations last year, or this year either for that matter and I was really hoping to see them up close! The muscle guys rock!

Definietly I will make the next local g2g.

Sanjeev Wrote:
> I totally take the blame for that! I definitely
> meant to introduce myself, but it's so easy to get
> caught up in the maelstrom of conversations going
> on everywhere.
>
> But, yeah, next time we have a local hang-out, you
> gotta come up!
The youtube coverage: [www.youtube.com]

So nicely done by Chachipower in a short time.
Nice vid. Mason...I miss your meat...Sanjeev...stop talking about your girl's back door...Jon....stop getting ketchup on the Goldorak poster...Ben...last year's was the best place to meet West Coast collectors, too...just sayin'.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer