Cosmo Fleet Super Sentai Mechanics

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)
[www.blog.amiami.com]

So I had a chance to handle the Ranger Mechanics sets at SuperFest. They are amazing little 1500 yen toys. Incredibly intricate, with full separations/transformations and great paint jobs. (The transformations on BioDragon and Jaguar Vulcan are actually engineered with little hinges, but details like fold-out treads are pop-out-and-replace style.)

Best of all they're actual injection molded ABS instead of the hard PVC usually used for this kind of thing. Very much must-gets for anyone into sentai mecha.

It looks like there's a little bit of posability on the mechs as well. If that's so, then these look like awesome little 'playsets in a box'.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
I like the shots with the original DX toys.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
These look amazing. Remember a few years ago when we were all saying that cheap toys and trading figures were the future?

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
MattAlt (Admin)
No posability on the robots aside from rotatable arms. They look good, though.
MattAlt (Admin)
[ga.sbcr.jp]

I just picked up the Bio Dragon, and wow, does this series hit the sweet spots. Perfect replica of the thing from the show; even better than the old DX base toy in a way. The only thing that could possibly make it better are actual combining robots, but I'm not complaining. Highly recommended.
Save some for me, bastard.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
[www.amazon.co.jp]

What the....Crusher Joe...Ideon....Giant Gorg....

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
MattAlt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [ga.sbcr.jp]
>
> I just picked up the Bio Dragon, and wow, does
> this series hit the sweet spots. Perfect replica
> of the thing from the show; even better than the
> old DX base toy in a way. The only thing that
> could possibly make it better are actual combining
> robots, but I'm not complaining. Highly
> recommended.

Damn - that box art kills! How is the paint app. on the robots? From earlier pics I saw, it was very sloppy.
hillsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.amazon.co.jp]
> F%E3%82%A6%E3%82%B9-%E3%82%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E3
> %83%95%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%82%B3%E3%83%A
> C%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3-%E3%82%B0%E3
> %83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%A1%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8B%E3%82%A
> F%E3%82%B9-02-BOX/dp/B00761J4P8/ref=pd_sim_hb_2
>
> What the....Crusher Joe...Ideon....Giant Gorg....

Yeah, you need this. you need several boxes. If I had the money I'd buy several CASES of these because man, that's PRIME material for our generation. I think that's the first mass-produced rendering of the Lovely Angel EVER.

and Giant Gorg. amazing.

Don't forget the first series, still available!

[www.hlj.com]

It's a different release pattern and maybe not as successful. Pairing the hero mech with a partner mech looks much better.

Maybe not quite as exciting (but I welcome the Xabungle/Irongear release) but looks worthy. :)
MattAlt (Admin)
Actually, the little robots aren't bad at all. (They don't have any possibility, though.)
Attachments:
open | download - biorobo.jpg (24.8 KB)
MattAlt (Admin)
BTW, there's a difference between the "Cosmo Fleet Collection Gran Mechanix" that Hillsy/Steve linked to and the "Cosmo Fleet Collection Ranger Mechanix" (which I've been prattling on about.)

The Grand Mechanics stuff is great but they're static gashapon-style figures (not sure if PVC or ABS); the Ranger Mechanics stuff features the full tranforming/opening gimmicks of the original designs. I think it's a scale thing; the smaller size of the Sentai vehicles lends themselves to that sort of thing more than the full-blown spaceships/fortresses of the Grand Mechanics collection.

Though man, I would kill for a fully transforming SDF-1 or Irongear in this scale.

Gran Mechanix:

[www.blog.amiami.com]

Ranger Mechanix:

[www.blog.amiami.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 08:54PM by MattAlt.
I <3 them all.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer