Super Sentai [Past to Current]

Posted by servbot30 
Are they indeed blind-packed, or do you get a full set?
I have an odd request, but one I wanted to see one for years.

I have Tor the Shuttlezord but not Titanus. I'd like to see if it's possible to put Ultrazord (the original) on Tor?

My quick illustration to show what I'm talking about.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Attachments:
open | download - Thunder Ultrazord.jpg (29.6 KB)
If nothing else, you have a cool t-shirt design for the next Judas Priest album.

Dude.
I give it credit, it's a bit different than the usual Sentai fare.

[ooebihara.sakura.ne.jp]

I watched Gokaiger VS Space Sheriff Gavan. It was ok but kinda bland. The only things I liked about it was that Gavan was in his shiny suit (vs the dull silver they used in most of the shots in the original show) and Bootleg Gavan (I'm not kidding, that's its name). The Gobuster team shows up for a few minutes and then aren't seen again so their presence was pointless.

Gokaiger VS Super Sentai was a MUCH better movie.

Just got my Go-Buster Ace in the mail today. Gotta say I LOVE IT. It is a very sleek figure in any mode and the paint apps are gorgeous. It is a simple fig, but its a kids toy! No bullshit bayforming here. Also articulation for a sentai fig is off the chain. Shoulder forward and back. Shoulder out. Elbow and elbow swivel. You kids need to get on board. I picked mine up from anisatsu.com for 66 shipped. It's a new online store Jessie, from TV Nihon, started. Props to that guy.
servbot30 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just got my Go-Buster Ace in the mail today. Gotta
> say I LOVE IT. It is a very sleek figure in any
> mode and the paint apps are gorgeous. It is a
> simple fig, but its a kids toy! No bullshit
> bayforming here. Also articulation for a sentai
> fig is off the chain. Shoulder forward and back.
> Shoulder out. Elbow and elbow swivel. You kids
> need to get on board. I picked mine up from
> anisatsu.com for 66 shipped. It's a new online
> store Jessie, from TV Nihon, started. Props to
> that guy.

I kinda like the car mode, but for $60 that bot is hideous. Transformers are kids toys, and they figured out the car-hood-turns-into-robot-legs shit a long time ago.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, ya don't jump on board with a sentai toy series thinking you're gonna be satisfied with just the one Red Ranger mecha! You need *all* of them up to and including the very last toy required to form the ultimate combo. THEN you decide if it was worth it or not!
Take into account that GB Ace is a triple changer, a headmaster and a gestalt component. Same goes for the other Buster Machines if you count arms/legs mode. AND these have to be compatible with future figures. The paint job alone is a higher quality Super Sentai has ever seen.
Anonymous User
I just completed the Gokaiger series in the last 3 weeks and all of a sudden ended up getting the complete DX set (minus the DX Furaimaru & Pato Striker). I skipped a few generations of Sentai toys since Boukenger. Frankly I wasn't impressed by Gokaioh at all when I first saw the design. Did not even give a damn about the series. I did wonder however, why there were figurines (which I later discvered were actually 'keys') of other sentai characters released in the Gokaiger toy line.

I must say - I am glad I decided to plunge after watching some toy reviews on Youtube (yes - damn you Youtube for making blow a few hundred bucks on this set!!) . They probably provide the most play value compared to the other Sentai stuff I own. I haven't had this much fun with my toys since my infra-red activated Micron Legend Convoy set. :)

It's amazing how they managed to incorporate a couple of the various Sentai mechs as add-ons for Gokaioh. Sure, some of the 'combined' forms look rather silly, but if you think about it, it must have taken quite a bit of everyone's (in the design team) imagination to think this up! I mean... Gaolion also combines with Gokaioh to form a Shinkenger-like mech? How crazy is that? Pure genius, I tells ya.

And incorporating the main gimmicks from the other sentai series - e.g. the electronic soul engines from Go-Onger on Machalon??? Check. The light & sound effects from Deka Ranger's main mecha (OK - so I don't have the patrol car but I watched the Youtube review)? Check. The spinning drill arm from Abaranger on Gojyujin? Check again. Gokaiger is pure genius in every sense. Truly worthy of a 35th anniversary sentai.

The only sad part is I took the plunge late - so I practically paid a premium for my DX Gokaioh - as well as the DX Mobirates. Still, it's worth it because I managed to get discounts for most of the other items.

Gokai Change!!!
Akibaranger update

[blog.hobbystock.jp]

they have an itasha that turns into a robot and a gun that turns into a moe girlie character figure

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
and the girl character is on the Itasha car XD
Officially sold on Akibaranger.
That gun girl is just a ripoff of Rifle-sama

-Paul Segal

I wonder if the car robot toy can be used as an exosuit for the action figures.
Amuro-Ray Wrote:
> Gokaiger
> is pure genius in every sense. Truly worthy of a
> 35th anniversary sentai.
>
> The only sad part is I took the plunge late - so I
> practically paid a premium for my DX Gokaioh - as
> well as the DX Mobirates. Still, it's worth it
> because I managed to get discounts for most of the
> other items.
>
> Gokai Change!!!

Couldn't possibly agree more. Plus it's a fucking pirate robot. And a space-going ship, which never gets old for me.

More serious than thou
[toyboxdx.com]
Re-posting for awesomeness. The awakening/launch in the vid is great!

Maybe not exakily Super Sentai?? If not, what is it?
Nice. The video clip is nice too since I always wanted to see how that thing actually looked in the Jiraiya show.

I have an OST/BGM CD from the show.

I’m 12 years old and what is this?

--------------------------
I want YOU for Moé Sucks Army

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2012 02:00PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - 1333905348730.jpg (256.9 KB)
I'm pretty sure it's called "awesome".
Sanjeev (Admin)
Admittedly, those look DAMN hot. Depending on how cool the toys come out, I might have to pick up those bug dudes.
...mou. I generally avoid Sentai mecha, but these are hitting the right spot for some reason.

I wish I could afford that GoBuster Ace just now before they get a lot pricier.
= T w T =
Oh man, those triplechanging beetles look great. It feels like they're taking some of the ideas from Machine Robo Mugenbine and translating them from Mugenbine's "construction set" feel to a more mechanically solid and complex toy design.

-Paul Segal

Now if the toys are not total bricks and look like the drawings...
I'm not picky. No elbows needed... but they won't look very good unless they can plant their legs in an A-stance like that.

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
asterphage Wrote:
> I'm not picky. No elbows needed... but they won't
> look very good unless they can plant their legs in
> an A-stance like that.

Agreed. I wouldn't have a problem if these had the same articulation as Go Buster Ace.

And you were referring to the bugs' legs with the A-stance comment, right? :P
Sanjeev Wrote:
>
> And you were referring to the bugs' legs with the
> A-stance comment, right? :P

Lookit those robot concept arts! They're practically spread out like the Assassin's Creed logo.

-Paul Segal

Pic of the movie figure and the big final combi.

I'm loving these new guys! I always like beetle bots, but the frog one is killer! I've got the first three mechs on pre-order (of course, mine will arrive long after everyone else has their hands on them).

More serious than thou
Do want!

If I may ask, do people have recommendations for a preferred source on sentai mecha? Picking them up on eBay seems pretty suicidal, and even places like HLJ are pretty rough. Do you guys have better avenues, or is the brutal yen exchange rate these days something I'm just going to have to suck up?

Thanks in advance <3
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'm guessing AmiAmi or HobbySearch would be the best places to go. They seem to be the cheapest places for new Japanese toys. Joshb might know of a better site for these guys though...
Amiami seems to be the right place to go. The problem is Gokaiger really stoked the fires of the buying fandom, and stuff really sells out pretty quickly right now.

More serious than thou
Speaking of Sentai past... my birthday was Monday, and I received a few Sentai items. Of these, the Wolkaiser figure from Magiranger REALLY stands out. There's a great review up on CollectionDX: [www.collectiondx.com].

Worth picking up if you are into Sentai and haven't so far.

More serious than thou
BTW, right at the moment HLJ has Go-Buster Ace in stock: [www.hlj.com].

More serious than thou
Oh man, I love my Wolkaiser.

Actually, the only two series I picked up any toys from were Magiranger and Hurricanger so far, and the latter I sorta wanted only in black.

I think I'll try again with Gobusters, though. Something about the designs is rubbing me the right way. Maybe it's the triple-changer thing on the core mech? It always sorta bothered me that for many sentai designs the individual components don't seem that interesting on their own. I liked the way the Magiranger ones were individual humanoids, albeit rather simple ones. The two beetle guys from Hurricanger were nice that way as well, being both decent tank vehicles and transformable into a combined biped in their own right.

Anybody got opinions on Shinkenger? I was kinda tempted, but the reviews I've seen suggest the DX toys are actually rather awkward.

Thanks for the tip on that, by the way. I'll see if I can't scrape together enough to grab it from there before it disappears, since the price looks OK.
Sanjeev (Admin)
So much for "generally avoiding sentai mecha"! :P
[www.youtube.com]

Gavan is still kicking ass in suede over 30 years later

yes

let's see that JOUCHAKU process once again
Sanjeev Wrote:
> So much for "generally avoiding sentai mecha"! :P

It's true, my avoidance has waned. I suppose it might be more precise to say that I'm 'picky' about which ones I want, although I do love the ones I have.

That said, I think I am going to skip out on the Shinkenger guys. I dug up some pics & reviews, and can't say I'm intensely impressed with the, uh, chunkiness of it all.
Use this site if you want a good gallery of Sentai robos. I don't think it was posted earlier.

[ooebihara.sakura.ne.jp]

Toy wise, I still think Gaoranger/PR Wildforce was the best. Besides the diecast, it was the better that usual articulation on the animals that was great. For example, each of the animals mouths on Gaoking/Wildforce Megazord can open.

Ah, the days when a Megazord can cost only $30 and be generally unchanged from its Japanese counterpart by still retaining the diecast.

Seeing the Gavan transformation literally made me tingle.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer