Bandai+Armor Plus-relaunch or c**ktease?

Posted by SteveH 
So I'm flipping thru the web and stumble across a news item about Bandai's Tamashii Akiba showroom...

[www.crunchyroll.com]

And lo! There's a couple of pics of something called Armor Plus SG and I see a recolor of Tekkaman Blade and...Tekkaman Rapier (tragic sister to D-Boy you don't care anyway) and from Tekkaman Blade II AkiTekkaman!

WHAT THE FLAMING F**K?!

So is Bandai trying again with the line, or is this a cruel, horrible evil joke meant to taunt and frustrate me?
Bandai hates you.

/thread

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
That Godzilla's atomic breath looks horribly phallic...like Godzilla is deep-throating a huge fiery cock...

Anyway, those additional Tekkamen likely are web-exclusives, unfortunately.
[blog.yahoo.com]

[p-bandai.jp]

Tekkaman Aki is a web exclusive.

p.s. I cared about D-Boy's sister. Even if her death was repeated in those dumb recap episodes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2011 01:55PM by VF5SS.
VF5SS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [blog.yahoo.com]
> ndex
>
> [p-bandai.jp]
> 034
>
> Tekkaman Aki is a web exclusive.
>
> p.s. I cared about D-Boy's sister. Even if her
> death was repeated in those dumb recap episodes.

Thank you. I was ranting more about the people who buy the toys without knowing the show and thus wouldn't give a crap about the context and meaning of that particular figure. It boggles my mind that they made a figure of Miyuki/Rapier, let alone Aki,

My big sadness is that since unlike Samurai Troopers there isn't a 'civilian' version of the character under the armor, the Tekkaman Blade figures don't come with a poseable figure of the character untransformed.

And where's the Sol Tekkaman armor suit? They can get at least 2 versions out of that with minor additional tooling.
SteveH Wrote:
>
> Thank you. I was ranting more about the people who
> buy the toys without knowing the show and thus
> wouldn't give a crap about the context and meaning
> of that particular figure.

You mean like most of the people on this site :v

> It boggles my mind that
> they made a figure of Miyuki/Rapier, let alone
> Aki,

Well Miyuki is important story wise. She's third after Blade and Evil more or less. Aki's the main girl and probably the only thing people like about Missing Link or Tekkaman Blade II. Other than the whole line about having D-boy spray his seed all over her.

Never saw Blade II myself.

>
> My big sadness is that since unlike Samurai
> Troopers there isn't a 'civilian' version of the
> character under the armor, the Tekkaman Blade
> figures don't come with a poseable figure of the
> character untransformed.

Well the Tekkamans don't really break down as nicely as regular armored figures. It's kind of assumed that they all turn into that weird intermediate step. And plain clothes anime characters are more suited to statues or trading figures.

> And where's the Sol Tekkaman armor suit? They can
> get at least 2 versions out of that with minor
> additional tooling.

Because the mere idea of doing a Sol Tekkaman is collecting more dust than the actual Sol Tekkaman kits did. Plus Balzac's rebuilt Sol Tekkaman was kind of lame weapons wise. Like it traded the Powered Suit style shoulder cannon for those little things on its back that spray fermion blasts and the suit has to do a Guncannon pose just to use them. Lame-o.

If they do any Sol Tekkamans, they will definitely be exclusives. Tamashii Web is like the life support for Soul Spec and Armor Plus. VF Hi-Metal appears to have been terminated.
Man, I forgot Hi-metal VF was even a thing! Man, Bandai really does hate us.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
VF5SS Wrote:
>
> Well the Tekkamans don't really break down as
> nicely as regular armored figures. It's kind of
> assumed that they all turn into that weird
> intermediate step.

This I agree with - the Tekkapersons are proportioned like monsters, not humans - but...

> And plain clothes anime characters are more
> suited to statues or trading figures.

DAMN YOU VEEF!!! We need posable figures of EVERYTHING!!! Preferably with optional soft-goods outfits, like the Saint Myth figures.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2012 03:29PM by asterphage.
Yeah I mentioned the supposed death of VF Hi-metal in my VF-2SS kit review :3

If you check the news archives at CDX you can still see the mock up for the Hi-Metal YF-21
I'm wondering if this SG tag on the end of the Armor Plus name means they're not meant to be de-armored, because really, we just don't see the 'goblin' proto-Tekkaman form in any meaningful way.

Reason I'm so surprised about Miyuki is I'd think they would have made Tekkaman Lance, who while not that big a character he COULD share the same 'core' as Blade and Evil and thus reduce tooling costs.

Did they ever do the Armor Plus Blastor Blade? I don't see it listed at the Tamashii site.

Me, I'd love to see EVERY Tekkaman made, but I really doubt we're going to see that.
[oniityan.blog.so-net.ne.jp]

[oniityan.blog.so-net.ne.jp]

Both Blade and Evil in Blastor mode came out.

[p-bandai.jp]

See they're under Armor Plus

"Reason I'm so surprised about Miyuki is I'd think they would have made Tekkaman Lance, who while not that big a character he COULD share the same 'core' as Blade and Evil and thus reduce tooling costs. "

Yeah but that doesn't mean a lot people would want to buy Lance. Aki and Miyuki probably share some parts (being tekkagals) and better to make two important characters than one nobody cares about.

Yeah the SG means there's no removable armor.

>>Me, I'd love to see EVERY Tekkaman made, but I really doubt we're going to see that.

Yeah I think people like Tekkaman Blade more as a character than as merchandise. He gets to be in crossover games. Even sometimes alongside Detonator Orgun.

I'm so buying the RIOBOT Orgun when it comes out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2011 05:42PM by VF5SS.
VF5SS Wrote:
>
> Yeah the SG means there's no removable armor.

But what does it STAND for??

> I'm so buying the RIOBOT Orgun when it comes out.

Yeah I mean I don't care about Orgun at all but that figure looks great.

But when will someone make an action figure of Justice from Guilty Gear???

-Paul Segal

> But what does it STAND for??

Sod off Gaijin

>
> But when will someone make an action figure of
> Justice from Guilty Gear???

Nobody buys action figures of fighting game characters. They can't even make a decent Sol Badguy.

Also Max Factory showed off a Figma Blade and Evil. Maybe there's hope for more obscure Tekkapeople there.
>Also Max Factory showed off a Figma Blade and Evil. Maybe there's hope for more >obscure Tekkapeople there

Which will be easier and hopefully cheaper than getting the Armor Plus versions. Also i'd like to see a figure for Tekkaman Omega (Darkon in the U.S. dub).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Pics of the Figma Tekkaman Blade figures?

Kinda strange the sudden surge in stuff from this show.

Holy crap **counts fingers** next year is 20 YEARS since Tekkaman Blade came out? WHAT THE HELL?!
[otakaifiguresociety.org]

Figma Tekkamangs

"Kinda strange the sudden surge in stuff from this show. "

Well the time is right for the 90's nostalgia. Hence all the 90's alternate universe Gundam kits that keep popping up. Victory Gundam too.
[blog.kuruten.jp]

Tekkaman girl
That Tekkaman Blade is awesome looking!

hey steve

you got your wish

kinda
I believe the correct response would be...

SON OF A BITCH!!

I will kill Bandai, I will, yes...

(I don't recall that chest armor being that...protrusive. It's like a mono-boob! Poor dude can't look down!)
I only realized just now how similar those two's color schemes are to the blue and green Legioss Armo-Soldiers...
SteveH Wrote:
> I believe the correct response would be...
>
> SON OF A BITCH!!
>
> I will kill Bandai, I will, yes...

See told ya they'd be web exclusives.

>
> (I don't recall that chest armor being
> that...protrusive. It's like a mono-boob! Poor
> dude can't look down!)

Depends on the scene, really.

I think the lineart is pretty busty though.

I like 'em with curves, ya dig?

Also I'm pretty sure the Sol Tekkamangs units are green and blue because those are more earthy tone because they were made by Earth people :3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2011 07:15AM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - balzacsol.jpg (98 KB)
open | download - noelsol.jpg (107.2 KB)
[www.flickr.com]

here's an Armor Plus cock tease

that Ryo is so sexy and earnest

i want to protect him but his flaming hot armor does that already
Anonymous User
Not a Armorplus but the Figma version of Tekkaman is up for pre-order. Looks good except for the dainty feet, they look like 8" pumps lol.

[www.amiami.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 12:19PM by chen.
HEY. Show some respect for the high heels of a warrior.

-Paul Segal

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer