The "What's this toy worth?" Thread

Posted by VenomMacbeth 
Well I'm not sure if there's already one of these on this thread...and I didn't want to start a whole new thread just so I could ask what something's worth, so I figured it could be a thread for everybody!

I would like to know what one would pay for a MIB Gundam Chogokin GD-26 Zaku, like the one on my sale thread. I'm having difficulty finding ANYTHING bout these chogokin Gundams on the internet, so any info anybody could give me would be greatly appreciated!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, there's a MISB one languishing for $30 on eBay...and no recently bought ones to give a better idea of market value. But for modern toys, your best bet probably is to search completed auctions on eBay...
Well the one I'm seeing on ebay right now is $72, and there aren't any that have sold under the completed listings...see, usually I do check there first. I wonder why there are so few of these floating around & why nobody seems to talk about them much...they're probably the best Gundam figures I've ever owned.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Whoops...well, there IS a $30 one...but it's definitely not MIB. It's complete but I guess there's a small scratch on the shield. Are you not seeing this item???

Anyway, I think I had the green Zaku at some point, myself. Great toy, like you said, but I wonder if it's kinda superfluous. I mean, forget cost, availability, and all that...would you rather have the Kadou Senshi or the HCM?

I almost picked up the Black Trinary, Trinity, Tri-Star, Triple fat goose down...whatever the fuck they're calling it today. But I ended up going for the HCM instead.
I am not...I'm searching "chogokin zaku GD-26" because that's what I have. As far as the HCM goes, I'm not too familiar with it, but I found this guy at a comic store along with the RX-78 for a great price.

I assume by HCM, you're talking about the 1/144 one and not the 1/200 HCM Pro?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Drop "chogokin". :P

Yeah, HCM...definitely not HCM Pro. They're pretty cool and pretty old-school. Kinda like the old MSV kits.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
GD-26 is a kadou senshi right? So what's the difference between it being $30 or $50? Either way, you can get one for the price of lunch..
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
$20 opening bid $30 BIN on YJP. Took 20 seconds...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Where are YOU buying your lunch!? I'll take a half-chicken from Boston Market...with garlic spinach and loaded mash on the side...for, like, $7!
Erik Sjoen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Either way, you can get one for the price of lunch..

Ironic, because I'll probably have to sell mine to be able to afford lunch. :(
josh fraser (Moderator)
Erik's lunch consists of a Smiths record and a pack of Lucky strikes with a side order of sarcasm . So in fact it is closer to $39.95 with tax.
I think this thread should be retitled, "What's your lunch worth?"

Me and Cohiba have you all beat.

Burgers, baby, burgers.
Erik Sjoen Wrote:
> $20 opening bid $30 BIN on YJP. Took 20 seconds...

That the entree or the appetizer, Chairman?
Woah! Baby burgers! That's quite the delicacy!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Oh lord...I'm reminded of the joke about the difference between a Ferrari and a freezer full of dead babies...
Baby burgers taste just like ground veal.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
gingaio Wrote:
> I think this thread should be retitled, "What's
> your lunch worth?"
>
> Me and Cohiba have you all beat.
>
> Burgers, baby, burgers.

Dude, you beat me to it. I need to be on here more.

Now I need to figure out how many lunches can I fit in the trunk of my Benz...
josh fraser Wrote:
> Erik's lunch consists of a Smiths record and a
> pack of Lucky strikes with a side order of sarcasm
> . So in fact it is closer to $39.95 with tax.

classic.

So, my lunches end up around $8 unless I'm stressed out in which case it inevitably hits $15. And before anyone asks, the calories fuel my anguish.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer