Your favorite shelf/display!

Posted by VenomMacbeth 
Do you have a particular shelf in your collection that you like the most? Not necessarily for the figures it contains, but the way they're arranged? Post it here!

Here's mine:

(I apologize for the crappy cell phone pic)
As you can see, there are a plethora of different rob'ts on this shelf, ranging from Dairugger, Macross, Gundam, Xabungle, Orguss, Dorvack, etc.! (I'll note there are a couple of sections here that look rather sparse, notably the top right one with Sasuraiger and the Browning below him. I have some figures on the way that will be placed on these shelves, so I went ahead and made room.)

I like this shelf not only because Convertors (and Gobots, etc.) are one of my favorite toy lines, but because they display so well on this interesting shelf. You can comfortably fit 3 Convertor-sized figures in one square (four if you squeeze them in.)

Anyway, so what's your favorite display in your collection? Do you have a little one on your desk at work? Or perhaps on top of the fridge in your kitchen? Show it off here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2011 03:08PM by VenomMacbeth.
Attachments:
open | download - SSPX0796.jpg (151.7 KB)
Displaying your Kingdam Browning with the bullet sprue and everything. You baller.

Seriously, that's a great set of robots on a cute shelf setup. I always wonder how I'm going to think of nice ways to display my figures once I own a home. The rank and file Detolf cases just don't do it for me... I want long shelves of in-scale figures, artsy rows of Real Head figures single file around the room, and some other cool stuff. I guess sort of the difference between toy shelves and decorative shelves.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Prometheum5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Displaying your Kingdam Browning with the bullet
> sprue and everything. You baller.

Hey, KO or not, this guy's kickass. 8)
B00
OK, I'll play.

Here's my desk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2011 06:44PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Work_Area_1.jpg (388.6 KB)
open | download - Work_Area_2.jpg (391.3 KB)
open | download - Work_Area_3.jpg (461.4 KB)
open | download - Work_Area_4.jpg (327.9 KB)
If we're doing desks I can play... this is what's been staring me down all day while I write my term paper.

[prometheusrisingstudios.tumblr.com]

[prometheusrising.net]
mcfitch (Admin)
My favorite shelf:

My desktop/hutchtop:

-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Current fave is my Dangard display

Erik Sjoen (Admin)
VenomMacbeth Wrote:
> Do you have a particular shelf in your collection
> that you like the most? Not necessarily for the
> figures it contains, but the way they're arranged?
> Post it here!
>
> Here's mine:
>
> [toyboxdx.com]
>
> (I apologize for the crappy cell phone pic)
>

OK. I admit that I lent my cell to this guy for the pic. As if you couldn't tell....
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
I like this one..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2011 12:00AM by Erik Sjoen.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1307.JPG (146.4 KB)
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
HOLY Dangard and Gaiking shelves!!
That Gordian trio is great. I love how their toys always have the weirdest propotions... the Godaikin is tall and skinny, but for some reason a lot of other figures like those sofu an the Jumbo are strangely wide to capture all the shoulder mecha detail.

[prometheusrising.net]
here is my favorite shelf..
all of them actually :-)

[toyboxdx.com]

JOHN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2011 11:50AM by johnparas11.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Prometheum5 Wrote:
> That Gordian trio is great. I love how their toys
> always have the weirdest propotions... the
> Godaikin is tall and skinny, but for some reason a
> lot of other figures like those sofu an the Jumbo
> are strangely wide to capture all the shoulder
> mecha detail.

You mean sofubi? Sofu is just "soft"..
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Ben, you should see the PuraDera Gardian. Wow!! Odd..
Sanjeev (Admin)
No.

You shouldn't see the Plastic Craptastic. No one should.

The horror... ;)
I really miss having the room to display jumbos and other big stuff:

Best, Ken-A
i miss having room to display stuff, period.
I wanna commment on ALL those pics. Great shelves.
Man, you guys are gonna make me finish organizing stuff or something!
Just a memory for now...

From last year.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2011 11:14PM by Vincent Z..
Attachments:
open | download - Zoids-collection-small.jpg (194.7 KB)
Should come as no suprise to anyone...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2011 10:32PM by JoshB.
Attachments:
open | download - shelf1.jpg (404.2 KB)
is the soretobu raideen a nice toy? I have been thinking of collecting these toys as well, as I run out of diecasts to buy....
Josh! You got your Sora-Tobu! Man, I REALLY need to get one of those. Serious jawnz. It's been on my list for waaaay too many years. I don't care if it's no good - WANT.
Yeah, cohiba it's not a great toy at all - it's sort of ugly and impossible to display, but it's got charm and naivete and if you are going to go after all the Raideen toys you sort of need it.

I'm kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel with Raideen toys now - The only rare vintage things I need are the mutropolis base (which will likely never happen) and the Robin tricycle. Otherwise its bootlegs, gashapon etc... until something unknown comes up. There's also a few variations to that flosr, a marmit stone head base for their flexible joint models etc... I could also go after the vintage kits but those would just be for the art as I would probably never build them.
Venom, I have one of those tic-tac-toe shelves, too:

Where did you get it? I always have people asking me where I got mine but it was given to me and the people who gave it to me couldn't remember where it came from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 09:00AM by Roger.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Just got organized with this today...

I've never been particularly good with displaying my toys (with the possible exception of the glowies)...but this one genuinely makes me smile!

I recently got a Y!J haul with some Toho Bullmarks I've been trying to nab for a bit. Including the mighty Megalon!!

There's a shelf right at the top of my stairs that are pretty much PERFECT for these guys. Now, can you spot the impostors?

The original plan was to put all my Toho Bullmarks up there, along with non-Bullmark (but classic style) vinyls to complete the Toho pantheon. Amapro/Marusan King Shisa, M1 Titanosaurus, M1 Manda, Marmit Frankenstein, M1 Gaira and Sanda, and maybe a couple others.

But as you can see, I'm pretty much outta room already!
GEZORA!!
josh fraser (Moderator)
"I've never been particularly good with displaying my toys "

Oh I could think of one toy in particular that brings that supports that statement.

Is your jumbo saucer still balancing on a ikea shelf waiting to fall?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Umm...it was...now, it's either still there and just buried under old newspapers. Or maybe I moved it out to the garage or something...

:P
Sanjeev (Admin)
VenomMacbeth Wrote:
> GEZORA!!

Sorry, he's not an impostor. But he IS totally sick!

Try again! ;)
I like how you've recreated the flying Mothra. Most folks would go the cheap route, and run string from the ceiling, but you've got a $30 aluminum flashlight tower to hold him up! The fact it's an bright red one fits pretty good with the Japanese toys.
...joking, joking...great shelf, and I always come up wrong if I guess on which is real, so, nuh-uh.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Actually...I'm *extremely* pleased about Maglite-Mothra! I always leave the flashlight up there at the top of the staircase...easy accessibility and all that. When I found she could perch up there perfectly stable, I was psyched! ;)
mcfitch (Admin)
Like a moth to a flame...
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
A little late to the party, but I got 2 favorites of mine.

Some of my Voltrons - my jumbo Toynami wont fit here :(

and some of my Daitarns and friends, plus some animation cels

Holy Golion!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Nice, Charles! Way to throw down!
@Roger: Mine was given to me as well...so I'm not sure where they come from either. ><

This shelf is quickly becoming one of my favs...

Also, I've updated this'n

Calypso is all by himself there on the left, because I've got a Rex on the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2011 04:18AM by VenomMacbeth.
That combattler and gaiking in the glass case with red frame are bad ass.
Heads up -- if your local Borders is closing, they may have some cheap fixtures that can make good displays. I found this acrylic riser for $2.20 yesterday (sorry about the dark pic):

They've also got innumerable shelves, stands, etc.

Best, Ken A.
Ken - Pleasant Hill? Maybe I should make a stop out there!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer