Monsters and Robots

Posted by cae 
cae
not that there's much to look at, new-wise, but I've finally updated my site and had particular fun creating a cpu-hog of a shooting gallery for my collection of toy shots.

If yer on an old, slow or IE utilizing machine, don't waste your time clicking the link, just curse my stupidity, now.

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
I could play with this ALL fucking day.

This is what heaven must be like.

;P
cae
hee - yeah, I like it, too. The fellah who helped me get all the js to play nice together took one look at my concept and said "you're out of your mind."

Then, when I'd whanged it enough together on my own and he took another helpful look for some final tweaks he still thought I was nuts but no longer cautioned against the pop-up display "it looks real neat with them scrolling away, back there ... "

Hell, yeah!

hassenpfeffer
Wow -love it! The background pattern, colors & movement - it all comes together really well. It does makes your masthead logo looks a little out of place now, though...

Great idea and execution!
mcfitch (Admin)
Corey I completely love it. I showed my girlfriend some of the work, and she loved it. So it comes off as well done by someone with no attachment to these toys. There were a few that she really loved too.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
cae
Thanks guys - as you're pretty much my target audience, your approbation means a lot.

> your masthead logo looks a little out of place now

Yeah, I can't think of anything better, tho - I still love that ...

hassenpfeffer
Fun stuff. The silhouettes are a nice interest grabber, as in, "Oooo, what is THAT?!" Especially for non recognized shapes like those cool Getter-combos, and Ark combo shots.
Fun way to present a gallery. =0)
it was mighty cool to be reminded about those getter combo shots. good stuff.
Hey! A Gokin Hakaider like that Kikaida on ebay! Where are those from?

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
cae
sihk and ye shall find!

hassenpfeffer
That's quite cool! Excellent work man!

I use IE & your website works fine in IE.
I'm impressed. That image of the dirt-encrusted mazinger would have been my favorite if it didn't have the text.
Also, my mind is BLOWN that the getter 1 team combines with the getter dragon team! There's a non-painted team at my local flea market. Maybe I should get them and paint them up right.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer