WAVE Legioss

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)
[wildcats.pupui.jp]

It's a model, not a toy, but Mospeda merch is so few and far between that beggars can't be choosers. Yaco reports on a new 1/72 kit of the "Armo Soldier" mode of the Legioss, based on a design refined by Shinji Aramaki. Although you have to assemble it, it's snap-fit and features polycap joints posability, so there's a hope it'll be more "MG kit" style than a garage kit sort of thing.

Doesn't transform? Not interested.
Bandai also showed a new Regult kit.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Sanjeev (Admin)
Looks gorgeous!

I agree that I'd prefer something that transformed, but at that scale, there's no way they'd make a transforming styrene kit. Maybe if this does well, they'll make a bigger variable kit...
MattAlt (Admin)
But, but... It transforms from a pile of parts into a robot!!! Without glue!!! That's playing with POWER, man.
The Imai 1/48 kit transforms (either Gunze or Aoshima has the molds now...).
Anonymous User
If its anything like their Macross kits I'm not all that excited.
I wouldn't be so quick to throw this under the bus. WAVE seems to have been doing an outstanding job of taking the crappy ARII kits and making them decent. The 1/72 Destroids (and yes, my god they ARE doing the Phalanx! Holy crud!) seem miles and miles better than the original kits.

The Bandai Macross kits shown seem to be simple re-pops of the IMAI non-Valkyrie kits, so it's nice to see the Regult and 1/200 Monster back.

I still argue that no way is that Regult kit 1/72 scale. It really seems more like 1/100 to me but that will be argued to eternity.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...I can't even remember the last time I tried to transform a pile of parts into a robot. You might as well chop off my thumbs and replace my hobby knife with a hammer!

Dan, what didn't you like about Wave's Macross models. They sure looked nice...
Anonymous User
Heh - Wouldn't it be funny if Harmony Gold and Revell cut a deal to release it in the US as a ROBOTECH kit...? (And no, I'm not going near suggesting a MG Leader-1".)
Anonymous User
Sanjeev,

Really the wave Macross models don't look too bad. I haven't built one personally so i shouldn't judge them. I haven't seen a review of any of them either.

I have become increasingly more lazy with model building (as a result of Bandai and Kotobukiya) and really don't have the ambition to build something that takes any significant time and effort to complete.
Anavel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If its anything like their Macross kits I'm not
> all that excited.

Their Mospeada kits are probably some of their best kits (which is to say: very good). The 1/48 scale transformable Legioss suffers from the proportion issues between Armo-Fighter and Armo-Soldier, but the Armo-Soldier mode is one of the best out there. Armo-Fighter is a little chunky. The Toynami Legioss is pretty close to the 1/48 kit's proprotions...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Are Wave kits (specifically, the recent non-transformable Macross Battroids) particularly complicated? In comparison to Kotobukiya or Bandai kits, that is...
Anonymous User
thomas Wrote:
> Anavel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If its anything like their Macross kits I'm not
> > all that excited.
>
> Their Mospeada kits are probably some of their
> best kits (which is to say: very good). The 1/48
> scale transformable Legioss suffers from the
> proportion issues between Armo-Fighter and
> Armo-Soldier, but the Armo-Soldier mode is one of
> the best out there. Armo-Fighter is a little
> chunky. The Toynami Legioss is pretty close to the
> 1/48 kit's proprotions...

I think there is some confusion here. IE Wave + IMAI

And Sanjeev. No they aren't too complicated. They are actually far less complicated than a Bandai and Kotobuikiya kit. Personally if I was going to build one I would want to do it right and fully paint the it remove seam lines, etc. The easy route here is just ignoring the model spend a little bit more and going out to buy a toy.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Anavel Wrote:
> ...The easy
> route here is just ignoring the model spend a
> little bit more and going out to buy a toy.

True, but there just aren't too many Legioss games in town.

Haha...I have a feeling that Wave's kit will end up being sturdier than Toynami's toy!
WAVE has always been old-school about models, like Aoshima. So expect to paint, glue and futz with them for a finished product. It's not a bad thing since model building has become a lost art, but it ain't no Bandai kit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer