4chan/toy/ SoCal Meetup, Frank & Sons, Saturday, June 19

Posted by Scopedog 
Anybody going to this? I'm going to bring my spare set of four Kabaya Beetle Armors, some CM's Dorvack PA trading figures, and some other random stuff for sale or trade.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2010 10:42PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - SoCalMeet4Flier.JPG (243.2 KB)
i'll see you there. i went to Frank and Sons yesteday and picked up a Getter Liger jumbo, a Popy Raydeen Talker and a whole box of Shogun jumbo beaters.
For those who don't frequent 4chan.org:

This SoCal meetup is being organized by a poster from the /toy/ board. You can ask to be put on his mailing list for updates at gobefree23@gmail.com, his name is Kenji. I live in San Diego and I go to Frank & Sons a couple of times a year so I figure this is as good a reason as any to make the trip up to LA. I've never been to one of these /toy/ SoCal meetups and I don't know any of the Anons who will be there. My experience after browsing 4chan for several years is that /toy/ is one of the friendliest, helpful, generous, and responsive boards on the site. Even if the meeting turns out to be less than stellar somehow, hey, its still in the vicinity of Frank & Sons!

cholocarwash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i'll see you there. i went to Frank and Sons
> yesteday and picked up a Getter Liger jumbo, a
> Popy Raydeen Talker and a whole box of Shogun
> jumbo beaters.

Cool! I mainly go there to look around and behold the wares in awe and reverence.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2010 10:45PM by Scopedog.
Anonymous User
I don't think I would dare go to an event organized on 4chan.
Anavel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think I would dare go to an event
> organized on 4chan.

I'll let you know how it turns out!
> i went to Frank and Sons yesteday and picked up a Getter Liger jumbo, a Popy Raydeen Talker and a whole box of Shogun jumbo beaters.

I'm really amazed that you found any vintage Japanese toys there! The only time I made it there all I could see was an endless sea of wrestling toys!
i have a dealer that i been trading with down there for 20 years now. he usually sets aside any vintage chogokin he gets in for me. most of the time there isn't anything good at all. good stuff is few and far between down there but sometimes you get lucky.

i literally got propositioned over 25 times walking around with that box of goodies in my hand. both sellers and patrons alike were all trying to get me to sell the items i had just bought. i guess they don't see many jumbos going through there.
The combination of "4chan" and "meetup" fills me with dread.

Don't you need special equipment to survive that?
There is a Frank & Sons lifestyle that makes regular patrons pretty scary anyway, so I doubt you can tell the difference.

As for old stuff, there are few sellers that carry older stuff, you just usually need to ask and have them arrange to bring it next week, Most of those sellers have a mountain of stuff at home, they only tend to bring what sells, and sadly that means it's usually Wrasslin', Transformers or Star Wars.

If I can go there before it happens, maybe I can remind some sellers to bring "the good shit" for that day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer