NEW SERIES: "Super Robot Chogokin"

Posted by MattAlt 

Those paint ops on the head are not good, though. That's, like, on the lower end of Hasbro quality.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
asterphage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Those paint ops on the head are not good, though.
> That's, like, on the lower end of Hasbro quality.

I did notice that. Kinda surprising.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
asterphage Wrote:

> Those paint ops on the head are not good, though.
> That's, like, on the lower end of Hasbro quality.

i hope you're not suggesting that Hasbro has poor paint quality, mister
VF5SS Wrote:
> asterphage Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Those paint ops on the head are not good,
> though.
> > That's, like, on the lower end of Hasbro
> quality.
>
> i hope you're not suggesting that Hasbro has poor
> paint quality, mister

They don't? O_o;
The only problem here is the expense of the toy. Hasbro figures have better paint apps than that and they cost a fraction of the price of that Bandai toy.

More serious than thou
fujikuro Wrote:
> The only problem here is the expense of the toy.
> Hasbro figures have better paint apps than that
> and they cost a fraction of the price of that
> Bandai toy.

Ah, it depends. Sometimes you only have to look at two or three Iron Man figures to find one where his eyes are painted over the eye-holes... on the other hand, I've probably looked at fifty or sixty copies of the Crossbones figure from the Captain America movie line and found one where his little skull mouth -|-|-|-|- paint actually lines up with the molded detail on his mask.

But yeah, we expect better from Bandai! Taking as an example the SDX figures, which are around the same price point and complexity, they seem to universally have perfect paint. They're a joy to behold, crisp little images of their cartoon designs. I would hope most SR Chogokin figures are just as sharp - and for the most part it looks like they are.

-Paul Segal

No Bandai no. I don't need another addiction now.

[myfigurecollection.net]

[myfigurecollection.net]
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> No Bandai no. I don't need another addiction now.
>
> [myfigurecollection.net]
> sentai_zyuranger_daizyujin_super_robot_ch
>
> [myfigurecollection.net]
> tai_dairanger_kindenjuu_ryuusei_ou_super_

THE GAUNTLET HAS BEEN THROWN!
SRC Megazord, I will buy you.

[prometheusrising.net]
Where's the fucking Dragoncaesar/Dragonzord?

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Okay, I gotta admit, this is fucking hotness

I passed on the GaoGaiGar because it doesn't beat out the old Takara DX in my mind. The DX Choryujin is amazing too, but the lack of articulation is pretty serious. If they do a Volfogg or Big Volfogg in the SRC line, I'll definitely get it though--the Takara DX was kinda meh.
>If they do a Volfogg or Big Volfogg in the SRC line

[myfigurecollection.net]

[myfigurecollection.net]

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Sanjeev (Admin)
Vinnie, I could kiss you!
Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet but ya if you like GGG your in for a treat. Here's a link with some pics of upcoming SRC's yay, and some Tamashi exclusives boo.

[blog.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2011 07:25PM by chen.
Attachments:
open | download - ggg.jpg (108.9 KB)
open | download - ggg1.jpg (138.3 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Fucking-ay...killer news!

Well, now they gotta do King J-Der, right??? Damn thing would be HUGE! ;)

I'm glad to see Gekiryujin. It'd be hot if he and Choryujin could actually split down the middle (not actually transform) and recombine to form Gen- and Gouryujin.

And not that I really like Final, but if they did Tenryujin, that'd be everyone from the show, right? Oh...Mic Sounders...and J-Der, of course.
I'm thinking that the King J-Der that was shown when they had the GGG samples might have a chance of being made. It looks way to nice and complete to be just a one off display piece and considering that SRC's are on the small side anyways it wouldn't have to be super huge too look good with them. They made that Jumbo Neo Mazinger a few years ago so maybe if they get enough demand they could make a non-transformable King J-Der (which I would be fine with) but if they did I have a feeling it would be a web exclusive $$$$

Also I could see Bandai making all the robots from GGG but I'm really hoping for a Gaofaigar and Genesic Gaogaigar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2011 07:42PM by chen.
Attachments:
open | download - king.jpg (110.2 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh duh. Yeah, obviously they'd need GFG and GGGG to complete the series.

Oh, and a robot mode Goldymarg would be nice. I mean, if Big Volfogg comes with a mini non-poseable Volfogg, the least they coulda done was add a non-poseable mini Goldy to that web-exclusive upgrade set with the Goldion Hammer for GGG...
The Chouryujin and Gekiryuhin do appear to separate at the middle. Bandai has done the symmetrical build up gimmick in the SIC Kamen Rider W figures so it is possible.
King J-Der doesn't look like it transforms to me, but a combining SRC J-Der with a big hollow limited-articulation King J-Der "playset" would be pretty sweet.

VF5SS Wrote:
> The Chouryujin and Gekiryuhin do appear to
> separate at the middle. Bandai has done the
> symmetrical build up gimmick in the SIC Kamen
> Rider W figures so it is possible.

Yessss. I really regret not picking up those W Form Change figures.

How cool would it be if the SRC ryujin brothers used the same connectors :3

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev Wrote:
> Oh duh. Yeah, obviously they'd need GFG and GGGG
> to complete the series.
>
> Oh, and a robot mode Goldymarg would be nice. I
> mean, if Big Volfogg comes with a mini
> non-poseable Volfogg, the least they coulda done
> was add a non-poseable mini Goldy to that
> web-exclusive upgrade set with the Goldion Hammer
> for GGG...

BV doesn't come with any figure of his standard form, that pic is from last years Tamashi nations where they first announced that GaoGaiGar mechs would be featuring in the SRC lineup. They had a bunch of early prototypes including Choryujin which has made it to production and Volfogg, which so far, hasn't.

I just got a new job, finally, after a year and a half of the dole and I am well up for all GGG SRC's now. :D Already ordered GGG and the hammer set from the second production run on ami ami. Choryujin is currently sold out but I'm sure he'll be back. Can't wait to get any form of Volfogg, great character, terrible toy, even for back then.

I wouldn't mind final stuff but I;d rather Bandai branched out into the other brave shows, would love to have really cool figures of Might Gaine, Da Garn X and J-Decker in particular.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2011 04:29PM by Fort Max.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Fort Max Wrote:
> BV doesn't come with any figure of his standard
> form...

Booo.

> Can't wait to get any form of Volfogg,
> great character, terrible toy, even for back then.

Sad to say, but I agree. The original DX was kinda horrid. :P

Anyway, congrats on the new job! GGG is my favorite, but I agree--I'd rather they branch out into other Brave properties, rather than get exhaustive about GGG:Final. Either way, it's always struck me as odd that Bandai would be making toys of what's historically a Takara property...
Fort Max Wrote:

> I wouldn't mind final stuff but I;d rather Bandai
> branched out into the other brave shows, would
> love to have really cool figures of Might Gaine,
> Da Garn X and J-Decker in particular.

Really, any of these would be great. I'd love to see Da-Garn especially, but a nicely proportional Build Tiger would be pretty cool as well.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Either way, it's
> always struck me as odd that Bandai would be
> making toys of what's historically a Takara
> property...

Well when you buy the studio making the Brave shows during a tumultuous time in their history, things happen.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> > Can't wait to get any form of Volfogg,
> > great character, terrible toy, even for back
> then.
>
> Sad to say, but I agree. The original DX was kinda
> horrid. :P
>
Butbutbut...the combined mode is one of the best articulated Takara combiners out there for that time!

Also, electronics and kick-ass car-mode!

(let's not mention Volfogg's robot mode and the drones robot and vehicle modes)
Anonymous User
Symmetrical Docking

[toysdaily.com]

Sanjeev (Admin)
Dope. But it's only really worth adding the gimmick IF they make a Gekiryujin...
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Dope. But it's only really worth adding the
> gimmick IF they make a Gekiryujin...

Have we really reached this point? Are we so cynical now, do we have so little faith in Bandai, that we believe that our Great Provider would put symmetrical docking connectors in a Choryujin figure just to troll us?

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
YES!

But for real, I'm still a little sketched out by Bandai making a toy of a "Takara robot". :P
Sanjeev Wrote:

> But for real, I'm still a little sketched out by
> Bandai making a toy of a "Takara robot". :P

Technically it's a Sunrise robot.
[blog.livedoor.jp]

chooooouuuuuuuuryuuuuujiiiiiiiiiin
I'm kinda diggin these Brave SRCs. I've always wanted to get a couple of the Takara toys, but these are also really impressive looking.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
VF5SS Wrote:
> Technically it's a Sunrise robot.

True indeed.

I'm just curious as hell about how much influence Takara had over the development of these shows, y'know? Like you said, it's a tumultuous time in Takara's history (to say nothing of toys/adult collectibles, in general!)--so it's not completely outta the blue--but I think it'd still be neat to get the whole story...

Anyway, Choryujin looks hot!
Uh I have the Brave Series Design Works book with all the more toy-like original designs by Kunio Okawara. It's probably all in there.
Well played Bandai, definitely gotta get Choryujin now.
MSW
My Choryujin just arrived. Feet, the outer lower legs, the thighs, and the shoulder joints are die-cast. Joints are tight, but nothing clicky. Paint is flawless, comes packaged as HyoRyu and EnRyo halves and you do the Symmetrical-Docking. Also comes with the Eraser Head thingy (plus a stand for it, and extra section to make it read E-999). Two chest plates -Most of the pics are of the larger of the two. But it can come off easy from just moving the shoulder. The other slightly smaller chest plate allows the shoulders much more room to move. Also there length extensions for the crane/ladder weapons and five extra hands...The most annoying things are the loose body color underarm pieces. Overall I'm extremely satisfied.
Why does it come with a vibrator?

--------------------------
I want YOU for MoƩ Sucks Army
MSW
Scopedog Wrote:
> Why does it come with a vibrator?

Why yes! Yes it does!! You want pics of it in action? :P
Is it actually battery operated or did Bandai cheap out and just use a manual one? *rolleyes*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2011 01:52AM by Fort Max.
its... PERFECT

These are beginning to remind me of those CMs non-transforming Brave figures. Except that these actually look good. I do wish these truly were "more affordable" as they supposedly were touted at first.

More serious than thou
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer