Posted by MattAlt 
Sanjeev (Admin)
Gcrush Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aside from being action figures, these things have
> NO play value. I really don't think you'd find
> one satisfying...

I am...deflated.
Looking forward to this "Nact" version. I have the OG Red and it's really nice. partial die-cast. Smaller than SOC, a bit pricey but i'm a fan...

Tamashii Nations PReviews by toybot studios, on Flickr
the blue version is kinda nice.
the $5000 burger is actually only $75 without the wine. And it's the 1990 Petrus, a much better year, but still not worth $4925. More like $1500, but I guess the cost includes the restaurant mark-up.
also personally I wouldn't pair the petrus with a burger. the petrus is a merlot and the 1990 while a little bolder, i don't think goes very well with a burger, esp. a foie gras burger. probably more like a cab sauvignon, la tour, lafite, maybe beaucailleau, lynch-bages. or a good california cult cab, like harlan or screaming eagle. the oily burger would probably overpower the petrus and it would be a waste to drink it with something so greasy. maybe pair it with a carpacchio, or a veal dish. maybe saltimbocca or veal milanese...
Re: burgers...that's why man made beer.

And saltimbocca is divine.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
the red version was nicely done. in my opinion the best SRC so far, it is a solid toy that seemed like a toy. i don't have the old SRW toys, so i can't compare, but the SRC is solid enough that it can handle some abuse.
Gcrush Wrote:
> Sanjeev Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Gads!!
> >
> > I never woulda guessed I'd get one of these
> > toys...but here we are! ;)
>
>
> Don't do it, man. You'll hate it.
>
> Aside from being action figures, these things have
> NO play value. I really don't think you'd find
> one satisfying...

I don't quite get you... you mean because they don't have gimmicks? While the God Reideen has a design that works against the poseability of the figure, I like the rest that I've picked up so far. I'm still ticked that they don't include all the accessories with Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger and they make you buy accessory packs, and that they make some things exclusives, but I've learned to accept that.

I completely forgot about the Uni-Five Alteisen... how was that figure, anyone have one?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Nah, don't sweat it--G just knows me. The real me. Intimately. Jealous?

It's a gorgeous-looking GGG, but now that the novelty of the images are wearing off, my anti-action figure feelings are reasserting themselves...and it's looking unlikely that I'll be getting this. Plus, the Takara DX is giving me a stern look over my shoulder...

It sure seems dope for those into these types of toys, though...so go for it!
I AM jealous... :)

I don't think I'm going to get the SRC Gaogaigar, mainly because of the Goldymarg accessory price, and the fact that there have been so many incarnations of this in toy form already (and I have the Takara DX as well). When they come out with Choryujin and the rest I'll probably start wavering, though.

Part of me wishes they tried to fit in the combination/transformation, but then I look at the travesty that is the Revoltech Gunbuster, where they inexplicably gave up sturdiness, poseability and accessories in order to senselessly make it a partsformer... but then again, I'm an action figure fan.
fujishig Wrote:
> I AM jealous... :)

Hate the game, not the player.

I have no doubts that the SRC GGG will be the definitive action figure version of this robot. But that would be the turn-off for Sanjeev. There's no old-school charm to SRCs. Just sweet, sweet diecast actiony figureness.

Now, if you were to send him one for his birfday, there's no way he'd complain. But you'd need to know when his birfday is first...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thank the gods I don't have a facebook page.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Thank the gods I don't have a facebook page.

heh heh....now you do.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Weren't they supposed to do a Sun Vulcan in this line?
Sun Vulcan has been confirmed. There are a few pics of him but nothing in package or a release date yet.
Sun Vulcan was part of the prototypes they introduced initially. I hope they do more sentais, like dynaman or flash king. Changerobo would be cool as well.
Bandai making newer renditions of old sentai robots is so awesome. I just hope they cross over into more SOCs other than Battle Fever Robo.
SRC Daiguard just showed up on amiami. I don't even remember hearing rumors about that.

You'd think Battle Fever Robo would've been a natural for this largely-non-transforming line, and that the rest of the Sentai robots would be better suited to SOC, but seeing as how they've only done two of the latest Sentai robos in this line, I guess they don't want to cannibalize sales of the chunky DX toys.
Daiguard CHOGOKIN?!?

Okay, this shall be my first foray into the SRC line....
Dai Guard looks fab, loving this line so far. I too have other GGG's already but I think I'll still buy the SRC version simply because Bandai will be doing the rest of the cast and they wouldn't look right on a shelf without a GGG.

Anyways, Dai guard;

More here: [www.amiami.jp]
Daiguard?! Jumpinjehosaphat! SWEET!
Whoa, DaiGuard. That's one I'd definitely given up on. Nice. Okay, guess I'm in now, for one at least.
More Dai Guard, GaoGaiGar and another new one, the pirate themed power ranger megazord,
[hk.rd.yahoo.com]

The lightening part shown there with the Goldion hammer is being sold with Dai Guard.

[hk.myblog.yahoo.com]

they're making Paul's favorite robot
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU ZEORYMER!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
VF5SS Wrote:
> [hk.myblog.yahoo.com]
> ?mid=77490
>
> they're making Paul's favorite robot

Further down in that blog post, there's a BIG size King J-Derr with the regular SRC Brave bots. Might this bot/mothership be one of the playsets hinted at way back?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 05:05PM by repairtechjon.
B00
KING J-DER!!?

haha BOO, you know you giggled with the bad spelling.
Don't bother me while I'm watching Mega FUSION!!
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 05:51PM by repairtechjon.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...every time I see GGG characters rendered in this line, my mouth waters a little. Like 'crush said, though, I'm sure it a "having is not so pleasurable a thing as wanting" situation. I'm really digging the J-Der, but it'll probably be best to hold out for a Takara DX...
Anonymous User
Another potential Armored Core toy under the SR Chogokin banner... interesting.

And I actually have some hope of seeing this one released. Wasn't there some random company that promised Armored Core toys earlier this year or last?
Gaogaigar's out.

[blog.livedoor.jp]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2011 07:47PM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - 000a8679b68d.jpg (136.1 KB)
[www.youtube.com]

[blog.livedoor.jp]

Da da da da da da da Daiguard
VF5SS Wrote:
> [blog.livedoor.jp]
> .html
>
> Da da da da da da da Daiguard

Why does this bot look like it's straight out of Sonic the Hedgehog?

More serious than thou
[sonic.wikia.com]

no that was a fat scopedog
Got Dai Guard today, so glad I did, superb figure through and through, Bandai at their best. Fit, finish, articulation, metal content and the shear number of toys it comes with, all very satisfying.

Not to mention that fact that it's the only Dai Guard figure in existence. If you're on the fence about it then just go for it, it's very unlikely to disappoint.
Zeorymer's now on sale, due late Feburary.

[www.amiami.jp]
>Zeorymer's now on sale, due late February.

LET ME KNOW, LET ME KNOW WHO I AM?

TELL ME KNOW, TELL ME NOW HOW DO I DO?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

[schizophonic9.com]

Judgment!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 09:04AM by VF5SS.
I never saw SPD, but that is a sweet figure.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer