NEW SERIES: "Super Robot Chogokin"

Posted by MattAlt 
[p-bandai.jp]

Maz SKL here. I think it might be a Tamashii web exclusive though (says it comes with a DVD).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Maz-On!

Attachments:
open | download - Maz sisters.jpg (309.2 KB)
Vincent Z. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maz-On!

Huh?

More serious than thou
>> Maz-On!

>Huh?

K-On! It's a show that exists that has moe girls.

Vincent Z. Wrote:
> >> Maz-On!
>
> >Huh?
>
> K-On! It's a show that exists that has moe girls.

Post reported for UNAUTHORIZED MOE ACTIVITY DETECTED
Have better photos of upcoming releases surfaced yet? I'd like to get a really good look at that modern Reideen and Sun Vulcan (obviously).
[www.hlj.com]

[www.hlj.com]

Reideen and God Reideen are the next up.

I'm tempted to get God Reideen.

servbot30 Wrote:
> Have better photos of upcoming releases surfaced
> yet? I'd like to get a really good look at that
> modern Reideen and Sun Vulcan (obviously).

Reideen's definitely on my list. I had the SOC and found it to be an unfriendly toy at best. I WANT a more articulated Reideen badly, but want one that's more solid. Hopefully this toy fits the bill.

More serious than thou

Ngeekhiong has a couple pics of Raideen prototype on display.

My first thought was that WOO, they finally did what lots of fans wished for, and chogo-ized the HCM Raideen. So I grabbed mine off the shelf, but no, totally new toy of course(I can dream!) as the SRC is obviously NOT meant to transform, but be a cool figure.
Probably smaller size?. HCM is 6 1/2 inch(16.5cm) to the top of his pointy lil' helmet.

Edit: I'm dumby. See below.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2010 11:35PM by repairtechjon.
repairtechjon Wrote:
> the SRC is obviously NOT meant to transform, but be a
> cool figure.

Are you suuuuuuure? :)

SRC Pictures from a previous show. God Raideen will be able to transform as well.
Somewhat more convincing evidence of SRC Raideen's transformation can be seen here: [www.toy-world.com.hk]
Hey, it transforms just like the Popy original!

I think JoshB needs to get this.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hahah...JoshB has Raideen pencil cases. Fuck yeah, he's getting this!
OK, so moron-itis I have!
Some sites, sometimes takes my old clunk PC forever to load up, and .. I just get impatient, grab a pic, and go. I can't stand waiting for the rest of the page to load.

Also, I was comparing too much the notches on the front of the HCMs torso, that the front thigh fins fit to when transformed. Oh well, thanks much for the correction links.
Looks good. I'm in.

And NO! this SRC does NOT transform like the vintage Raideen. This one is SO much more complicated. haha ;0)
How about the stands, are they sold separately? I got both the Mazinger, Great Mazinger and weapon pack and even though the robots come with a butt-plug for the stand, it was not included...

Halfeye...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2010 09:09AM by cf18.
Weapon set 2!

R1

R2

R3

Weissritter

I don't see the point of R2 and R3. Most fans would wait for the powered version, hopping they can be combined into SRX.
I'm pretty excited about the R3 - the R2 and R1 have had model kit releases, but until now, there was no reasonable way to get an R3.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh...so Bandai's Escaflowne's definitely gonna be a SRC? I guess we should have that discussion here then...

Anyway, lots of cool-looking shit here. GaoGaiGar could be dope...but I'm guessing it doesn't combine. Same thing with Hyoryu and Enryu.

I had little interest in the SoC Raideen, but I'd definitely consider this guy--looks simple and solid...yet still transforms.

No interest in the Mazinger, but that elbow missile effect part looks *incredible*! (Heh...not that I'm that into effects parts either!) And, of course, can't go wrong with GM's Great Booster.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Oh...so Bandai's Escaflowne's definitely gonna be
> a SRC? I guess we should have that discussion here
> then...

Actually, the only label it's been given by bandai is their Chogokin label, it hasn't been designated as an SRC or SOC or anything as of yet. It may be some ubiquitous DX thing, like the Aquarion or Macross F products.
Well that does it for me, GGG dudes and the whole SRX team, I'm going to have to buy into this line now.

It may be my imagination/wishful thinking but the R1 seems to have a few joints on it that perhaps it wouldn't need unless it somehow transforms
I have yet to hear about the Maz's that have come out...what did people think about them as far as diecast content, playability, and quality? I keep thinking this line is nothing more than the old BAnpresto "Action Gokin" line revisited but spruced up a bit, but hopefully it's a lot more than that.
My mate got both Maz's and the parts set, he loves them, says they're very nice to fiddle with and they have have some really gorgeous red paint on them.

He's been pushing me to buy the Alteisen.
It's cliche', but I'm gonna have to get those GGG toys. Just the fact that there's a more articulated Volfogg is enough to get me to buy.

More serious than thou
I got to handle a Maz at NYAF/NYCC. It's really nice. The articulation is really well thought out.

Grabbed this yesterday at CC... fantastic toy. Great size, incredible articulation, good weight, and a gorgeous finish. For $40 I'm totally satisfied, too. The only janky thing is how the super fist hooks on and blocks the elbow, and the hella lame styrofoam base.

Far as I can tell, the lower legs are metal, the hip joints are metal, I think there's metal in the feet,and some in the shoulder joints? The finish of the whole figure is so nice that all I know is that it's heavy and rock solid.

Oh, and the sword hand doesn't hold the sword tight at all. I don't care tho, bc/ Maz-z just needs his fists to rock out. Maybe the Iron Cutter and elbow rocket set...

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2010 05:42PM by Prometheum5.
Prometheum5 Wrote:
> Grabbed this yesterday at CC... fantastic toy.
> Great size, incredible articulation, good weight,
> and a gorgeous finish. For $40 I'm totally
> satisfied, too.

Everything this guy said is true. I want to eat these things for breakfast every damn day. They're that good.

SRC Alteisen

[www.miasora.net]

[www.toysdaily.com]

Looks nice. Really impressive, really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 07:29PM by Runaphen.
Attachments:
open | download - alt7.jpg (58 KB)
Yeah I have the Altesien on pre-order from bigbad. I cant wait to get this guy, ive always loved the clunkly chunky design of this mech.
I must say Bandai is putting a lot of effort into an unproven line. It would be nice if it does not get cancelled as some of the robots they are potentially producing never got the chogokin treatment before. I haen't stopped by Kiddyland recently so I don't know what is popular right now, but I can't imagine that these SRC are rolling off the shelves. Howver, with the economy in the dumper and the trend for puchi-selebu or puchi-zeitaku, I guess these toys make sense versus a new 200 USD SOC.

Long live SRC! I just hope they include robots that haven't been repeated thousands of times.

The Matt ALTeisen is actually a very well done chogokin. Nice range of movement, solid and sturdy, well executed... much better than both the mazinger and gt. mazinger.
Shinken-Oh

[www.hlj.com]

Pretty varied line up so far, certainly wasn't expecting to see Sentai mechs in this line. My only gripe is that I'm going to have to wait till at least April now before another one I want comes out now I've order an Alteisen.
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH B!!

[blog.livedoor.jp]

That's the one I've been looking forward to.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Forgive me, Blaze, but that fucking waist joint is atrocious. Looks like he just committed seppuku (hence the open mouth face!).
Eh, I'm alright with it. It's better than the ridiculous fragile oragami the regular SOC Reideen has.

EDIT: not as a waist joint, but I'll put up with this with a simpler figure.

More serious than thou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 12:56PM by fujikuro.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I agree: I've seen the SoC a couple times at JoshB's, and I'm really just too afraid to pick the thing up. The...origami...looks like a holocaust on his back. I yearn for simplicity.

I woulda preferred if Bandai had just the upper torso joint and the lower waist joint (where the red meets the dark blue areas). That would have avoided the ugly stomach gash.

But besides that, what I *really* would have loved woulda been hinged wing/covers...just like on the original chogokin. Just for the sake of a simple, perfect-transforming toy...even if the looks are a bit sacrificed. Hell, they could make them removable for people who prefer looks...
Now wait-a-minute, Sanjeev. Imma get off your lawn, but you can push the torso joints together for the more sedate poses.

[www.toy-world.com.hk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer