NEW SERIES: "Super Robot Chogokin"

Posted by MattAlt 
Here is the rest of the Mazinger army page. Is that a Mazinkaiser Skull figure I see in the red block?
Attachments:
open | download - Maz Skl.jpg (366.7 KB)
OK, that s**t is getting crazy.

Skull Pilder.

Get it? SKULL! IN THE HEAD! WHICH LOOKS LIKE A SKULL! AND IT SHOOTS SKULLS!

or something.

I'm getting all excited about this. It should be nuts. :)
asterphage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gundam isn't an English word.
>
> "burazaa" doesn't sound like "blazer". It looks
> like it on paper, because they have an A before
> the Z, but if you actually sound it out, with
> actual Japanese phonetics, instead of just looking
> at the Roman letters being used to represent it...
> it doesn't sound like "blazer".


Paul, you ignorant slut.

Not what I said, read it again. Maybe if you say it out loud you can get past the difficult words.

'Render into English'. I would have said 'Romanized' but you would have thrown out "that's not Latin" or some attempt at humor.

And it doesn't even matter what the word sounds like. Geh, have you not seen all the 'wacky Japanese and Engrish' stuff that's out there?

"Rock on Target!"

Yeah, baby, rock on!
SteveH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> asterphage Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Gundam isn't an English word.
> >
> > "burazaa" doesn't sound like "blazer". It looks
> > like it on paper, because they have an A before
> > the Z, but if you actually sound it out, with
> > actual Japanese phonetics, instead of just
> looking
> > at the Roman letters being used to represent
> it...
> > it doesn't sound like "blazer".
>
>
> Paul, you ignorant slut.
>
> Not what I said, read it again. Maybe if you say
> it out loud you can get past the difficult words.
>
>
> 'Render into English'. I would have said
> 'Romanized' but you would have thrown out "that's
> not Latin" or some attempt at humor.
>
> And it doesn't even matter what the word sounds
> like. Geh, have you not seen all the 'wacky
> Japanese and Engrish' stuff that's out there?
>
> "Rock on Target!"
>
> Yeah, baby, rock on!

Katakana uses pretty consistent transliteration rules for english sounds. "Burazaa" is unlikely to be anything that doesn't rhyme vaguely with "ah-zah". For instance, and I think you know this, laser would be "reizaa" and would never be spelled "razaa". Same with how blazer/bureizaa is unlikely to be rendered as burazaa. I'm going with Mazin Brother.
yes, I agree, that says Mazin Brother (implied Brothers), that's what it says. I said that before.

When Dynamic Pro gets around to tossing some English out there for the project (if nothing else to have promotional material at MIP-TV) some intern is going to decide what to put on the posters and I would not at all be surprised to see 'Blazer' used. Because that s**t happens. I have hope that it wouldn't be 'Brazer' altho I'd buy a hamburger from a chain of Mazin Brazier eateries.

(man, the decades of mis-spelling 'Rust Hurricane' alone...)
Um, again, is that a picture of a Mazinkaiser Skull Action figure?
SteveH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Gandamuu"

In the interests of pedantry its actually "gandamu."

SteveH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes, I agree, that says Mazin Brother (implied
> Brothers), that's what it says. I said that
> before.

I don't see an implied plural and I think you're reading too much into it. However, if it turns out to be blazer or brothers i'll give you props!



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 01:26PM by Scopedog.
So Steve, you're saying that Dynamic Pro is going to transliterate things in contravention of precedent, ignoring the logical rules of rendering English words in Japanese and vice versa, because of ... what? Because of your own poor understanding of Japanese phonetics? Because that's the only reason I see you presenting here. That and "lol, Japanese people use bad English!"

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Man, this shit cracks me up! Haw!
[blog.livedoor.jp]

another bleedin' mazinger

and i think that rock base is styrofoam
Now with 100% more Jet Scrander

[blog.livedoor.jp]
VF5SS Wrote:
> [blog.livedoor.jp]

> i think that rock base is styrofoam

WHAT THE HELL?
This is a new low.



-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 10:38PM by asterphage.
Attachments:
open | download - livedoor.2.blogimg.jp hacchaka imgs 2 e 2e182792.jpg (164.4 KB)
Yeah, that sure looks like expanded polystyrene aka styrofoam to me.

Wow, Bandai. Not even cheap ass foamed resin or something? just...styrofoam?

I wager the pic on the Tamashii site will have those embarassingly obvious foam pellets photoshopped out.

That is a sad, sad thing.
I dunno, I think it's kinda creative, but..it is also pretty cheap looking. :X
It is creative. And the paint is very interesting, and the actual 'base' part is sculpted well altho I don't think there's too many places the robots will actually be able to stand on...

It's just not something Bandai should be charging 2500 Yen (or whatever) plus shipping for. It should be free to anyone who walks into the store to buy the toys, or something like that.
SteveH Wrote:
>
> I wager the pic on the Tamashii site will have
> those embarassingly obvious foam pellets
> photoshopped out.

[tamashii.jp]

do you ever get tired

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
asterphage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SteveH Wrote:
> >
> > I wager the pic on the Tamashii site will have
> > those embarassingly obvious foam pellets
> > photoshopped out.
>
> [tamashii.jp]
> .php?eid=00017
>
> do you ever get tired

Actually, I'm tired pretty much all the time. My illness is rather relentless in that way.

But it's so funny! You post the pic to express your outrage (or so I assume), then when Bandai posts some new info on their blog (Japanese only, as they've killed their English site) you get to do your eyeroll because I am sooooo stoopid I didn't know this newly posted info. Which you didn't know either.

So, since my Japanese is not so good, how far off base am I in guessing they're saying "the proto we showed is made of foam but the actual item will be PVC" ?

I think you could have provided that bit of info without needing to show the world that bag of dicks crammed into your mouth.

Just saying.

Oh, and a PVC hunk of rock is kinda cool. Probably still overpriced, but cool. At least it'd be stable.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Umm...settle down...?

I would say that more resolutely if I could figure out what the argument was about... (And, no, that's not an invitation for anyone to try to explain it to me...I don't wanna know. Just...settle down, please.)
SteveH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [Someone had a] bag of [meat sticks] crammed into [someone's] mouth.
>
Whoa, I totally missed out on this. Anyone have a link?

Is it related to this?





Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2010 11:20PM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - Amazing Kobayashi.jpg (42.1 KB)
Oh, for me it's a callback to some old Seanbaby.com comments in regards to Phil Collins. I found them humorous even if ribald.

Hillsy understands.
If you bring up AMH's brown steamers, Steve-O, I'm gonna faint.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
SteveH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's just not something Bandai should be charging
> 2500 Yen (or whatever) plus shipping for.

It's a good thing it's provided free to anyone who buys a Super Robot Chogokin Mazinger, then.

> It should be free to anyone who walks into the store
> to buy the toys, or something like that.

Just like that.
Hellequin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SteveH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's just not something Bandai should be
> charging
> > 2500 Yen (or whatever) plus shipping for.
>
> It's a good thing it's provided free to anyone who
> buys a Super Robot Chogokin Mazinger, then.
>
> > It should be free to anyone who walks into the
> store
> > to buy the toys, or something like that.
>
> Just like that.


So, the release model changed? The first press was this was going to be a web order item. They must be expecting to sell them as that blog post Paul linked to suggests using it for your SIC and Myth Cloth figures...
can you actually read the press about this item or are you using your best gaijin guessing skills?

it was included with all the first releases of the Mazinger.
They've now shown a shit-ton of these... have any even come out?

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Prometheum5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They've now shown a shit-ton of these... have any
> even come out?


Mazinger-Z came out last week, and Great Mazinger is due later this month. Alt Eisen is scheduled for October.

Look at it this way, SRC is already off to a better start than ES Gokin. :P
<moved to bitch thread>



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 10:28AM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - CoreyTaylor2003.jpg (122.6 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
My gods, that sucked.

Okay, discuss the Super Robot Chogokin toy line here.

Bitch about Mazinkaiser SKL here.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 10:28AM by Sanjeev.
Anyone got their hands on the Mazinger yet? I've read conflicting reports on the amount of diecast content of the figure. The claims go from Upper arms, Chest, Pants, and lower legs, to just legs in general. Can someone that has one please clarify this???

}\
Mix and match SRC with SOC:

[blog.goo.ne.jp]


Some SRC reviews with good photos:
[shishioh.info]
[robogeki.sakura.ne.jp]
[glove0523.blog105.fc2.com]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2010 04:32PM by cf18.
Ah, wow.....those rocket punch trail accessories are fantastic. I wish they'd just sell those as a stand-alone set.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ah, wow.....those rocket punch trail accessories
> are fantastic. I wish they'd just sell those as a
> stand-alone set.


Eh?

[www.hlj.com]
*facepalm*

I'll be damned. For some reason I thought those came with the figure. This is awesome, seeing as they appear to fit the SOCs. Thanks for the link!

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
It will fit most SOC's you just need to modify it a bit, the end that goes into the upper arm hole needs to get bigger and some forearms like Grendizer's Screw Crusher Punch attachment needs to have a modified peg. But these are easy jobs and there's a pic of what one of those guys did to get it to work.
Just got my Mazinger-Z and weapon set today. All I have to say is AWESOME. Anyone on the fence right now needs to hop over and buy it immediately.
[blog.livedoor.jp]

it's great!
The actual Mazinger is heftier than I expected, but the accessory set, while cool, just seems like excessive gouging. Four rocket trails? I don't even see the difference, is one set supposed to be for Great Mazinger? They should have at least included some iron cutter attachments or something...
fujishig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The actual Mazinger is heftier than I expected,
> but the accessory set, while cool, just seems like
> excessive gouging. Four rocket trails? I don't
> even see the difference, is one set supposed to be
> for Great Mazinger? They should have at least
> included some iron cutter attachments or
> something...


One set is indeed for Great Mazinger.

It definitely feels kinda silly to me to have it separate, but I can understand the logic. Bandai is really trying to market this as a "budget" SOC line and undoubtedly wanted to keep the price on Mazinger-Z as low as possible (no doubt to make it more appealing for folks who may have only just purchased the Shin Mazinger gokins. But at least this "extra weapon set" was a mass-release and not just tossed up on Bandai's webshop.

All in all the total package is great, and I really, really dig Mazinger-Z. Great Mazinger will undoubtedly be just as good. I'll probably pick up Alt Eisen as well.
Any news on the Photonic Research Institute? If they really do put out that playset, THEN I'd dig a Mazinger. I really love bases like that.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2010 03:32PM by Ginrai.
[blog.livedoor.jp]



a return to form



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2010 04:47PM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - mazinbikejpg.jpg (88 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer